• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

If ritalin didn't increase energy, and methamphetamine didn't increase energy....

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
.... what's the probability that amphetamine, i.e. normal speed (not crystal) would improve energy?

Seems like an obvious question but there's little harm in seeking additional perspective.

Target is to improve energy in fatigue/lethargy conditions.

With NET:DAT ec50s of something like 6:1, amphetamine is quite a bit more adrenergic than methamphetamine (NET:DAT ratio around 2:1), so it's possible that one would find it more physically stimulating.

That said, methamphetamine is extremely stimulating at a sufficient dose so it sounds like you simply didn't take enough.

Also sometimes the anxiety comes through more than energy, and that can make one feel tired in a way. I'd be curious if a small dose of benzo in conjunction with one of those drugs would make you feel more energized.... It certainly does in my case though I wouldn't necessarily recommend that... as things can more easily get out of hand.

With NET:DAT ec50s of something like 6:1, amphetamine is quite a bit more adrenergic than methamphetamine (NET:DAT ratio around 2:1), so it's possible that one would find it more physically stimulating.

That said, methamphetamine is extremely stimulating at a sufficient dose so it sounds like you simply didn't take enough.

I titrated in doses of 25 mg until I got to 75 mg at which point it felt like more than enough (methamphetamine).

And previously I mistakenly dosed 200 mg at which point I was orbiting planet earth.

No dose, 25, 50, 75 or 200 gave me energy of any kind, albeit wonderfully euphoric.

I have a paradoxical response to benzo's in that they cause me anxiety.

I titrated in doses of 25 mg until I got to 75 mg at which point it felt like more than enough (methamphetamine).

And previously I mistakenly dosed 200 mg at which point I was orbiting planet earth.

No dose, 25, 50, 75 or 200 gave me energy of any kind, albeit wonderfully euphoric.

I have a paradoxical response to benzo's in that they cause me anxiety.

I also find methamphetamine somewhat sedating at doses up to 60mg or so, perhaps the 75mg of methamphetamine you had was of partial purity. At doses of .1g+ methamphetamine is undeniably stimulating for just about anyone, myself included.