Site Feedback If no new posts in a thread why not default to most recent post?

darvocet21

Bluelighter
Let's say I'm up to date on all the posts in a thread and want to post something why is the default setting Page 1? I'm not visiting for the first time, which is the only reason I can see to start somebody back at the beginning

For me it defaults to the first new post since I have been to that thread. It doesn't do that for you?

Yeah, for me it is the same as Negen, it always just pulls up the last page I've seen, if nothing new it opens at the end.

Are you still using DuckDuckGo browser? That could have something to do with it maybe.

Yeah, for me it is the same as Negen, it always just pulls up the last page I've seen, if nothing new it opens at the end.

Are you still using DuckDuckGo browser? That could have something to do with it maybe.
Yeah still am

Yeah still am
Yeah, I ditched it a long time ago. Kind of shitty honestly.

There's an AVG secure browser that functions about as well as Chrome, I definitely prefer it over ddg. It's a little awkward on mobile, so I still use Chrome, but on desktop it's pretty good and blocks pop ups and shit. Only reason I use Chrome on desktop occasionally is that it's simply faster.

Yeah, I ditched it a long time ago. Kind of shitty honestly.

There's an AVG secure browser that functions about as well as Chrome, I definitely prefer it over ddg. It's a little awkward on mobile, so I still use Chrome, but on desktop it's pretty good and blocks pop ups and shit. Only reason I use Chrome on desktop occasionally is that it's simply faster.
I've gotten rid of most of the annoying problems except for some reason it won't let me look at my clipboard on an Android I can only paste the very last thing I cut/copied.

So when I'm doing my shitposting I'll open up Samsung Notes to keep my shitpost memes in order

I've gotten rid of most of the annoying problems except for some reason it won't let me look at my clipboard on an Android I can only paste the very last thing I cut/copied.

So when I'm doing my shitposting I'll open up Samsung Notes to keep my shitpost memes in order
Ya know what, actually I just now made the realization that you are correct, at least in my circumstance too. If you've read a thread up to it's entirety, it will default to page one when you open it again.

Ya know what, actually I just now made the realization that you are correct, at least in my circumstance too. If you've read a thread up to it's entirety, it will default to page one when you open it again.
Yeah. Which is probably just a default that could be changed since it remembers for you the last post you read if there are new posts and takes you there

@deficiT @darvocet21 Try Brave Browser, I personally just use Firefox but Brave is pretty nice too.
Im willing to try new browsers that's fine, but the problem/ solution rests w the Xenforo version ur using. They have a bulletin board for I guess administrators but you know I'll just say that I'm a nuisance over on bluelight.org
no I'm only joking

Don't use anything made by AVG or its parent company Avast (which has previously been caught harvesting user data and was actually purchased by NortonLifeLock last year)

Their browsers pretty much just copy Chromium source code and throw in a few lines of their own code

I would say just use Chromium itself for desktop but it lacks automatic updates and doesn't come with media codecs which you need for streaming, so Chrome is better

If I was using Windows I'd probably use the Chromium based Edge as it's integrated with Windows Defender

@arrall https://madaidans-insecurities.github.io/firefox-chromium.html