• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

If I took 10 mg of valium and .5 mg of xanax tonight, will it dapen lsds effects tm?

Lunchboxor

Bluelighter
If so, how long will I have to wait untill the benzo will no longer dapen the trip. I think I recall hearing valium stays in your body for a really long time.

In my experience valium can diminish anxiety, thus intensity. I didn't find it to halt the trip duration.

Don't know about Xanax though. It seems to be similar to bromazepam.
I used the bromazepam one evening, and the night after that I had a mushroom trip.
I experienced some visuals and a physical effect. But there was no tripping at all.

Also the bromazepam left me quite sedated that day. Not exactly the mindstate you want to be in...

It'll have an effect on the trip - how good your sleep is, how groggy you feel tomorrow, all that affects a trip. LSD is a drug that's 50% dependent on your mood and general state. But I don't think the valium will intefere with the effect of the LSD if you're used to taking those doses of benzos in the evening.

Last edited:
you might want to check this out for a chart of common benzos half life times: http://web4health.info/it/bio-benzo-overview.htm

any other drug still in effect when the acid starts will have an effect on the trip. depending on the dose it might be just anxiety relief and not really much else, but it really is hard to tell with these things...

are you following treatment for something with these chems? or just recreational use?

recreational use with both. Last time before now using any benzo was about two weeks ago.

No, they won't. That's the simple answer unless you experience some strange idiosyncratic reaction. Of course, if you still feel groggy tomorrow, you already have the answer.

The half-life of diazepam and its metabolites is indeed very long, but the actual effect of diazepam is, depending on the dose, 6-10 hours. Xanax' effects only last for some 3-4 hours.

The half lives shouldn't interfere with the trip. Diazepam has an active metabolite, nordazepam. But I have never heard that, unless you take nordazepam alone, this metabolite should have any noticeable effect the next day after you take diazepam. If you only took diazepam for one day, it's metabolites won't build up enough to have an impact on a trip. If you'd taken diazepam for weeks in a row it may be different. Still it's the main effect, not the metabolites that you really feel. I wouldn't worry much about the half lives or metabolites, just enjoy the trip instead.

I'd just like to +1 what Cyanoide said. Half life doesn't matter, it's how long the drug is effective in your system. Xanax is about 2-6 hours, Valium 6-10. Usually I can take Valium at 10 pm the night before a trip and then dose at noon the next day with zero diminished effects.

You still trip your tits off on benzos. :)

If anything, the thing that I find to be diminished is the benzo. Do a decent dose and it will take the edge off.

If you're still concerned, just wait a few hours for the peak to subside.