• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids If I can take kratom responsibly can I try experimenting with codeine?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
I have read a few times that the addiction potential is about the same.

Does this go for the withdrawals too? Reading a few reddits alot of people are saying kratom is worse for withdrawals.

And mentally? I read that codeine has a bit of a higher ceiling?

Thoughts?

I would like something just a bit stronger than kratom and only take it once every few days.

Also would it wreck the effects of kratom being a full agonist or not as long as I only take it in the same schedule as kratom.

Im not sure it would be that suitable because it is a nuisance having to get stuff over the counter on a regular. Im so used to the convenience of internet buying now. but maybe keep it for odd occasions.

Codeine can be nice, it's taken me a little further than kratom without getting nauseous, but quite itchy.
Though you with your schedules and your every few days...you sound like a lot of folks a couple months before a new and nasty addiction sets in. Take care of yourself.

Ive taken kratom for over a year on this schedule.

It has about 0 compulsion for me.

I think the switch from Kratom to Codeine would be like a little step up on the opiate ladder. If you've shown that you are responsible with Kratom, you'll most likely be a responsible Codeine user. And just because you are jumping from Kratom to Codeine doesn't mean you have to keep going up that ladder, I think that's where people get themselves into trouble. Also, you might want to try a CWE (cold water extraction) on your Codeine tabs....just a thought.....there's plenty of info on CWE on Bluelight for you. Have fun; cheers :)

I don't really know a lot about Kratom. What I DO KNOW is it has helped me come off my suboxone! I'm on day 11, no subs. Someone I know who doesn't use opiates tried Kratom. They loved it. I'd be scared of getting addicted to it. But good Luck!