• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids If I can only take the deepest red kratoms is it better to just take codeine?

Deioflaje

Greenlighter
I find it so hard to find vendors who sell proper sedating reds. Most sell this fine light green stuff and call it 'red vein' where it is nothing like a true deep red vein borneo or bali strain.

Fucking stuff gives me anxiety then I am lumbered with a load of kratom post ban that I don't know what to do with and ends up getting thrown away.

Codeine at least would be consistent. It is non toxic like kratom right? just a bit more addictive.

If I have never had problem controlling my kratom use in a couple years would codeine be as easy to control and is it easy enough to get a steady supply for a couple times a week use without arousing suspicion?

I don't care about the 'full body' crap people talk about with kratom. I actually hate anything apart from the sedative effects cos those other effects are what give me anxiety and tightness in my chest for hours on end till it comes to the tail end and the opioid effects stay prominent.

what country are you in?

tbh I never found much difference between all the strains and sub-strains of kratom, despite the hype to the contrary

Look for Borneo red veins... they're actually cheaper than the more hyped up strains, less potent as well as offering only sedation (or, alternatively, nothing at all after 15min of a slight opiate sedation, once your tolerance goes up which for me was past the first 2 times).

Combining borneo red vein 10-15g with a double dose of my lorazepam gave me a nod just like I remember something like morphine+benzos. but it's too expensive to use like that IMO. I started mixing doses of about 5-7g with my coffee in the morning instead

I dont think youll find kratom that is only sedating. Even the more sedating ones can be stimulating. You never really know how its going to hit you.

Codeine would be more consistent, yes. It turns into morphine in the system, so it is obviously going to be addicting but less so than other opiates. Where I live codeine is OTC. It might be in your area too, check it out. I usually have to take it with benadryl or another anti histamine or I get way too itchy, sometimes my face gets red and swells up from the histamine release.

Combining borneo red vein 10-15g with a double dose of my lorazepam gave me a nod just like I remember something like morphine+benzos. but it's too expensive to use like that IMO. I started mixing doses of about 5-7g with my coffee in the morning instead

Too expensive? What? 10g of kratom costs like [pennies] if you buy in bulk lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Codeine would be more consistent, yes. It turns into morphine in the system, so it is obviously going to be addicting but less so than other opiates. Where I live codeine is OTC. It might be in your area too, check it out. I usually have to take it with benadryl or another anti histamine or I get way too itchy, sometimes my face gets red and swells up from the histamine release.

Not sure if you were in the codeine threads or not, Mr. Lemons. If you take Benadryl or just about any anti-histmaine with your codeine, you will not get any (or less, anyway) morphine out of your codeine. They inhibit the liver enzyme you need to do the conversion.

^ It's a mild inhibitor, Scrofula; unless he takes I almost ever day or takes like 100mg with it, 25-50mg is what I would recommend if an alternative wasn't available; just take it with the codeine, the timing should be about right

Remember they have rap songs about promethazine/Codeine combinations, so it must be good

Purple drank and sizzurp I'm familiar with. I think it's the massive amounts of weed with it that are the main ingredient.

(I'm trying to avoid another codeine thread I'll have to just merge later, when OP complains nothing is happening when she takes codeine, is it enzymes or CWE or . . .)

Ha yeah that makes more sense, that and loads of promethazine knocking you out

Codiene is the greatest, what a talkin bout?

Oh my, a single dose of benadryl does not stop codeine from working, and it is absolutely necessary for me at high doses.

Oh my, a single dose of benadryl does not stop codeine from working, and it is absolutely necessary for me at high doses.

there seems to be some serious split opinions on this potentiation issue. Some people insist that antihistamines like Promethazine and Hydroxyzine potentiate codeine better than anything, others that they have the opposite effect. Same with Grapefruit juice. Probably all depends on the individual

No, codeine needs 2D for full effects; and hydroxyzine isn't even an inhibitor it has zero effect on 2D

dihydro is not, and grapefruit juice can not only double it's BA%?and hence the potency) it clogs the main pathway that produces the hepatoxic metabolite, which combined with even a rough CWE would make it 100%% safe-worse risk of stomach bleeding from Ibuprofen; a gram of APAP is mostly benign;

Cleaned my inbox, blokefromthebrink- jk

Am busy atm good day all BL'ers