• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

If harm reduction is practiced. Is iv meth safer than snorting it

Thepriest

Bluelighter
I used to iv heroin crack and coke but havnt used a needle since my od in February. I stated snorting meth a few nonthes ago and very quickly did i noticr had bad my nostrils were gettijg from it. It also fucked up my throat and i would have horrible dirhehea the next day. I switched to iv meth recently and noticed the high feels much cleaner and i dont get horrible dirhehea. I used a clean needle every single time and alternate between my right and left arm inside elbow vein. Ans i weigh my dose on my scale so i know how much im doing and i only buy from one source who gets it from the cook so its not lije filled with cuts and stuff. Is this safer than snorting it? My one friend who does hard drugs but has never shot up and despises needles cause he found me dead on the floor from an od from thr h that he had given me tells me that thrres no way iv is ever safer than snorting but i feel like it is wirh meth. What do yall think?

No, I really don't think that there's going to be any solid reduction in harm from one route to the other.

Even if i use a fresh rig each time? In rehab there were fucntional drug addicts that hid their habit and held down a job and they still had veins left aftet years of iv usage. But the sterotypcial addicts had worse vein damage even with less span of addiction. I fall into the fucntional drug user category. Got great credit pay all my bills Never miss work all the boses think highly of me i just happen to shoot meth a couple times a week before work to help eith my adhd amd help me work better. Roofing on meth is actually r3ally fun

Well practicing harm reducion of course will slow down the damage on the veins, but the thing is that with IVing a single vein has to handle all the stuff, and veins ain't made to host such a toxic substance. On the other hand Im not sure how much damage meth would do to the lungs so...

I have never gotten the chance to try meth, its the one well know "street drug" I haven't tried, let alone even heard of being around my parts... its odd. But I have heard it really fucks your nose up! Bad! I cant imagine, it would be "good" or even, better, for you to IV it.. They will both take their toll on you, if its anything like other drugs off the street with shooting vs. sniffing them, like cocaine for instance.. When I sniffed coke, I didn't fiend for it nearly as bad when it ran out, as I did when I began injecting it! The addiction to that rush and insane 10 min, if that, high was just crazy... I couldn't stop wanting more, and more... and more coke.. it got out of hand real fast, until I lost my car, job, and everything pretty much came to a screeching halt! Then I had no choice but to stop for a while. Now I am just a regular functioning, pharm drug addict from the meds I am scripted.. I am very much addicted to the 3 meds I take, subs, klonopin, and Adderall... but can take or leave the coke now..

In other words, I don't think slamming anything, is going to make it safer... over sniffing.. they are both pretty bad for you, shooting, even if practicing good harm reduction... is probably a bit worse, to be honest.. for the needle addiction alone!

I got a couple sinus infections from snorting. It is a HARSH drug to snort.

But IV...that's just gonna wreck havoc on your lungs, heart, veins, mind, soul...

why not try rectal administration? It will be a much better rush than snorting. also no risk of diseases or infections. I just had a friend die from a blood infection from shooting drugs.