• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Idiosyncratic Reactions With Benzodiazepines

TheBlackPirate

Bluelighter
This is from another sub-forum originally. I got a few answers. If y'all have any other input please share.

Most sources list Klonopin and Xanax as similar potency and different duration. Could I have an idiosyncratic reaction with Xanax and normal reaction with Klonopin? Specifically, if I took an individual dose of .25mg of Xanax with zero tolerance could I get stronger effects than if I took 1mg of Klonopin with zero tolerance?

Gladly. I occasionally use legal pharmaceutical Klonopin in non-recreational situations. I only require this medication once or twice each month. I am familiar with the effects of this medication without any tolerance. ~.6mg resolves insomnia with almost no cognitive deficits. I have done this recently and am familiar with my sensitivity. I respond well.

Recently I had an opportunity I could experiment with purported "Alprazolam" from the black market. I consumed an allergy test I personally dosed volumetrically. The dose was ~.25mg sublingually. Within 10 minutes I began feeling effects and within 20 minutes I realized I had overdosed. I began keeping tack of the experience in my journal. Within an hour I was strongly euphoric and amnesic. This had the feel of benzodiaepines except much stronger than I had previously experienced. The ataxia was significant enough normal chores were challenging. At T+60 minutes my journal entries stop and I lost consciousness. I regained consciousness about 12 hours later with continuing ataxia and extreme sedation. I can't comment much on the peak effects because I was asleep. I vaguely remember waking in the middle of the peak and rummaging through my mostly empty fridge. I obviously couldn't find much food. At T +24 hours I was mostly sober. At T+36 hours I was feeling rebound/hangover symptoms of achyness, anxiety, nausea, and twitching. At T+60 hours the hangover is fading as well.

I think I received misrepresented Flubromazolam or Clonazolam. How possible is this claim?

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/781236-Idiosyncratic-Reactions-With-Benzodiazepines

pretty sure that you got sold one of those modern research benzos, as you suggested. i don't know which one of them is, but i'm pretty sure that there is one of them which is super potent + lasts a long time. sounds like a winner.

plus, you mentioned volumetric dosing. alprazolam powder? that's a really unlikely thing. with all the RC benzos around currently, it looks like who sold it to you was just representing it as alprazolam to make it look less sketchy.

send it to one of those european labs if you wanna be sure though.

It sounds like flubromazolam, as clonazolam should not have done that to you for that long if you truly took only 0.25 mg. However flubromazolam, in a non-tolerant individual would, and would last that long too. It's also cheaper than alprazolam, and in my experience, much more euphoric (it also has a dramatically long half life for a triazolo benzodiazepine). It is truly hard to determine just based on subjective experience what you were given... it could have been overdosed alprazolam (if you weren't there for the proper measuring and dissolving of the chemical). I might suspect phenazepam if it weren't for the rapid onset. I had a similar experience to this with 1.0 mg of flubromazolam (with tolerance).