L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Ideas on improving myself?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
I'm fat, smelly, lazy, unemployed, on benefits, don't shave, next year I'm going to improve myself, give me your ideas on how to lose weight, smarten up, get a job and hopefully get a girlfriend.

It's nice to be honest with yourself!..:) Although it's just a start.

It seems like what are you lacking currently is the reason to do anything. To get motivated you need to loose that comfort zone that you were in for so long. Try doing things that you normally don't do, try to break up your daily habits. Even taking a different route to the grocery store could be a good start.

I have personally used a method of "negative motivation" when I'd put myself in more stress and even try to induce a psychosis episode and it will bring out the reasons to be to the surface for me. But that's me and that was my personal path of finding my purpose. :p YMMV!

A partner in life could be found if you concentrate on your own life and your personal interests - the right person will show up in time if you'd be attentive enough to notice it. You can also have some unexpected results if you try going volunteering - plenty of places to volunteer!

If you are a religious person, try praying to God or meditating. If you are not religious, find some good books to read that will get you in thinking mode.

Also, try to eat good and supplement yourself with good vitamins. After all, we are what we eat! ;)

One suggestion. Start today, not next year. Every body can do better and everybody should work on it every day.

Step 1: Take a shower and shave

Step 2: Clean your room / apartment

Step 3: Get a gym membership for January, maybe you can find some sort of "new years resolution" deal going on. Hit the treadmill (not stationary bike, you don't burn enough calories) and weights. Endorphins will kick in and you'll start feeling a little bit better about yourself... whenever I'm feeling down exercise always helps, even a tiny bit.

Do this and you will have checked off 3/6 negative things you have said about yourself. With dedication you can lose the weight and it'll be 4/6 things checked off.

Also limit junk food and buy veggies -- most weight loss is due to monitoring your calorie intake. Impossible to lose weight when eating lots of pizza.

Step 5 /6: Start looking on Craigslist for jobs, ask people you know if their company is hiring, walk around outside to see what places have 'help wanted' signs up and drop off your resume.

Good luck

My only personal advice is you need to find motivation, which may seem like an obvious thing to say, but it can be hard. Why did you make this post? What made you think about those specific characteristics about yourself?

More then likely there is something deep down that made you write this and come up with those specific things. For me it would be my girlfriend/my future with her, but you said you don't have one. So maybe it could be to get a significant other. But it could be anything.

Once you find the thing that motivates these things, then you need to put all the things you need to improve on into action. Which is way easier said than done. I know. But just start with only one thing, usually the easiest, then train your brain to focus on making that happen.

Take showering for example. I was/am still terrible at taking regular showers. So what I did was set an alarm on my phone for the time I woke up saying "take a shower". Then one for an hour later saying "seriously, you're going to smell like shit today" because I knew I wouldn't listen. Haha. Do I always take a shower now? No. But do I feel like shit when I wake up the next day and I didn't take one the night before? Of course.

You gotta find whatever will work for you. Make sure it will have a negative "consequence" per say if you don't accomplish that task and also a positive one if you do. stick to it and the rest will come with time.

Only my opinion but the best of luck to you.

Cheers.

Hi all, thanks for advice I'm going to try to be more active this year 2017, I'm going to walk more or jog more starting tommorrow, quit the takeaways for a couple of months or all together if I could. Definately cut out fizzy pop drinks or beer. Go to town more meet new people, talk local politics for local people. As I have Aspergers and history of mental depression, what sort of help can the job centre give me these days? Maybe a trip to jobcentre this month. I'll be 38 in January 12th and wasted a lot of my life, bout time I had a bloody change. Anyway thanks hope you all have a gooden this year.

Cheers Mark.