• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Idea to speed up T-break

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Quick question. Been a daily smoker for a while now, I use weed for anxiety, OCD, tourette's and I'm somewhere on the autistic spectrum. Due to my condition, I have a set schedule and normally don't go without at least my daily 3 smoke sessions. My tolerance has gone to shit lately so I've been cutting back a bit, and I'm moving towards possibly skipping a few days. So since anti-inflammatory drugs like acetaminophen, and certain other drugs such as opiates, up-regulate endocannabinoid receptors, would taking them during a T-break get you to your goal faster? Of course I already know that I need to be drinking lots of water, keeping my metabolism up and all of that. Also, I've heard that endocannabinoids up-regulate receptors on their own, so could myrcene also help?

Drink water and tea, exercise regulary and eat healthy while getting plenty of rest. I never heard of any drugs getting bud out ur system quicker.

I'm not saying they get them out of your system quicker. I'm saying they make your receptors more sensitive to THC.

I think taking any psychoactive drug will ultimately cause receptor down regulation as it will flood those receptors with more chemicals like dopamine so the body compensates by destroying "overstimulated" receptors and/or reducing the natural chemicals that the foreign chemicals(drugs) mimic. Also I am pretty sure that although the two drugs affect similar areas of the brain they mainly have different actions on the brain and in different locations.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I don't claim to be a psychology wiz.

Even if I'm not exactly correct on how or why it is a bad idea, I would say from personal experience that it will not lower your tolerance as much as complete sobriety. I have no idea what it is like dealing with tourette's, I'm sure it isn't easy. I am no stranger to anxiety and i don't think I'm autistic but from what I have read on it I can relate to a lot of the traits. If you really need something to help manage but are looking to lower your tolerance you could cut your intake by 1/2-3/4's of what you were smoking and I that will lower your tolerance, not as fast though but it will go down it time.

The fastest way is sobriety, exercise, eating healthy and balanced meals, and good sleep. Personally I would not recommend picking up an opiate habit in place of a weed habit, even if temporary. I know a lot of people who began as weekend warrior types and fell into full blown addiction. Myself is one.

Have you ever seen a doctor about your ailments/symptoms?

I think taking any psychoactive drug will ultimately cause receptor down regulation as it will flood those receptors with more chemicals like dopamine so the body compensates by destroying "overstimulated" receptors and/or reducing the natural chemicals that the foreign chemicals(drugs) mimic. Also I am pretty sure that although the two drugs affect similar areas of the brain they mainly have different actions on the brain and in different locations.
Do you think this would still apply to the acetaminophen, other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or even glucocorticoids such as cortisol? other drugs with similar actions on the eCB system include antidepressants, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, and anticonvulsants but I don't really plan on taking anything in any of those classes besides the occasional benzo.

Personally I would not recommend picking up an opiate habit in place of a weed habit, even if temporary. I know a lot of people who began as weekend warrior types and fell into full blown addiction. Myself is one.
I've had a long-standing, relatively benign relationship with opiates to be honest. For some reason, they help temporarily relieve my tourette's/OCD, and although to my knowledge this isn't backed by science and the method doesn't work for everyone, it really helps me. I only take like 5mg oxy on average once a week, and keep a written schedule to avoid taking more than intended. I've been doing this for a while now (I don't remember exactly how long but if memory serves me, it's been at least a year if not two, I take a lot of psychedelics, sometimes in super high doses, and the time dilation kind of fucks up my sense of when things happened. It's hard to live your life normally and then all of the sudden experience several years worth of time dilation, and then come back the next day knowing exactly when everything happened.) and haven't had any problems, in fact I don't really enjoy opiates very much. I mean of course the euphoria is there but something about them feels gross and I get sick very easily from them. I don't ever plan on increasing my dose. There are plenty of other drugs that I'd take in a heartbeat over opi's. I strongly prefer kratom, but for some reason it doesn't help in the same way at all.

Have you ever seen a doctor about your ailments/symptoms?
My history with doctors is a long and complicated one. I've seen doctors but all they ever did was try to give me antidepressants that didn't work and/or made things worse, so I kind of gave up and decided to deal with my problems through meditation and self therapy (and herbs if I find anything besides cannabis that helps me). I'm not opposed to finding a better doctor but my current situation holds other priorities. That's not to say I'm not looking when I have the time.

Last edited: