View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ibogaine TA storage and shelf life?

jammin83

Bluelighter
Got some TA laying around and I was wondering how stable the stuff is? I assume its the salt but not entirely sure. Seems high quality and professionally made. Only a few small doses knocked out my drinking, depression, and reversed almost all of my symptoms from olanzapine that I was dealing with for over a year. I wish it was more available. Not sure the risk benefit analysis pans out for a flood atm and not sure when I will have the time, sitter, etc, so I might be holding onto it for a while (although I could find plenty of people that would benefit from it =D).

Right now its in a sealed bag at room temp in a dark place but the stuff is worth more than gold to me so I don't want to spoil it.

Side note: there is a vendor that is using voacanga to make HCl now which is great news.

Freebase TA is not so stable as salt forms. I would take a small amount and see if it dissolves, to figure out what form you have. The last TA I was sent was still in freebase form, so both seem to be on the market. I guess either way, you could just store it in the freezer.

I was just sent a sample gram of ibogaine hcl derived from voacanga, I have a week off at the end of the month to evaluate it.

I'd love to hear more about the dosages of TA you tried and how it affected your drinking. I find myself drinking too much these days and am hoping a stiff dose of ibogaine will be useful in ending this habit cold.

So I'm assuming the salt should dissolve right? Should I double seal it or put in some sort of container in the freezer? I was thinking about that but seemed risky. Would I get six months or so out of it, or should I just try and use it pretty quickly? I should have some time at the end of the month as well. Christmas and all. Sorry for all the questions.

I wasn't a huge drinker, well, as bad as some. Not really an AA alky and not trying to stop completely just taking a long break. It was more of a convenience thing and dealing with my symptoms than anything. I could easily drink 12 drinks or so and not be that smashed though. Average was about 4-6 pints a day. Some days more if things were happening or a bad day, etc. Its not really my doc or anything but it served its purpose. Its been over a month now haven't had any significant mood swings either and I was allegedly BP II and had been dealing with full blown mania in addition to symptoms bordering on autonomic dysfunction from olanzapine.

My first dose was about 500 mg of TA. Maybe a little more. Mild and not super psychedelic but really felt centered after that dose. Felt like I was mildly tripping for most of the day. I think two days later I took about 200 mg or so. Waited a few more days and took about 80 mg. So a little less than a gram spaced out over 8 days or so. Oddly enough, I thought the 80 mg dose was the most uncomfortable of them all. I know people take a lot less than that but it worked for me. My last dose was over three weeks ago and I feel great and don't really get cravings or miss it all. Barely think about it honestly.

Eagerly anticipating how that HCl turns out, let me know how it goes.

Thanks man. :)

So I'm assuming the salt should dissolve right? Should I double seal it or put in some sort of container in the freezer? I was thinking about that but seemed risky. Would I get six months or so out of it, or should I just try and use it pretty quickly? I should have some time at the end of the month as well. Christmas and all. Sorry for all the questions.

I wasn't a huge drinker, well, as bad as some.

If it is a salt form, it will dissolve fairly quickly. The base will not dissolve at all. Just store it in an airtight baggie, or two with some silica gel...and do not open it once you take it out of the freezer until it is room temperature.

My drinking is not excessive either, I only start drinking at the end of the day but since I cannot smoke cannabis daily anymore, I have fallen to rely on alcohol as a means to relax and am at a point where I am uncomfortable without it....not so much physically but strongly psychologically. Moreover besides the money I spend on alcohol, I am gaining wait and losing my youthful look and I can't have this.

Ibogaine helped me stop opiate use in 2013, and helped facilitate the happiest and most functional year of my life. I am confident I can achieve similar results again. Here is to 2016...and President Tramp, and sobriety! %)

If you really want to be sure that you're storing it properly, then put it in a glass vial with a cap with some kind of lining inside. The freezer is a moist environment so you want it properly sealed, and zip-locked plastic baggies aren't airtight.

serveimage