View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ibogaine + Salvia combo

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
I am planning on doing a flood with Iboga TA soon. And I was thinking it might be conducive to inner exploration to do some buccal salvia after the purge, but while the Iboga is still circulating in my system.

I haven't found any anecdotes of such a combination. Of course, usually you don't combine anything with Iboga, but Salvia is a special case, I think. It does share kappa-opioid agonism with Iboga. In fact, they are the only two plants I know of that have KOR agonism.

Do you think this is safe? What do you think might happen?

Thanks.

Seems safe to me. I heard a report of someone smoking salvia on voacanga africana (close relative to iboga) and they reported it to be super psychedelic. Anyway, if you try this, let me know how it goes lol.

Update:

About 5 days after taking a booster dose of 100mg Iboga TA, I did Salvia tea. It was especially deep this time, and it had an "evil" feel. It felt like a deepening, an exploration of new (or previously buried) energies, like it was good for me. When reality started to appear 2-dimensional, I spit it out. The next few days I just wanted to be alone. I rested a lot, meditated, and did those things quite deeply. When I came out of it, I felt revitalized in a strong, balanced way. Felt more in-tune.

All in all I think it's great combo, but the initial experience might be quite scary.

How did the flood dose go? Did you do it for a specific purpose?

To me, Salvia divinorum is pure insanity. I'd be interested in Iboga though, because of its at-least-triple-mechanism for psychedelia, its traditional use as Entheogen and its proposed anti-addictive properties.

I can speak to the anti-addictive properties... 10 years of daily opiate use, and after my flood dose I felt like I had never even been addicted. It was a miracle, and also one of the greatest experiences of my life.

To me, Salvia divinorum is pure insanity.

Funny... I find Salvia divinorum to be pure sanity... in an odd way.

Toltec: a flood dose just means a dose that gives you an immersive experience, an experience in which your ego has virtually no wiggle room. And one that will probably make you purge (puke cathartically).

Xorkoth: Well, I didn't do the big flood dose yet. I just did a 100mg TA dose, which isn't totally immersive. It was good though. It put me "under" for a few hours. I was testing the waters, to see if I wanted to go all the way. I discovered that I did, but only with a sitter around. So, I'm waiting until around August 5th, when I will have a sitter (or two) available.

A flood dose is defined as 17 or more mg/kg of ibogaine. I did mine and went for about 18mg/kg, so I took 1200mg of ibogaine HCl (well some of it was TA, but the equivalent). It's a much higher dose than smaller ones. I will say that when I took 100mg of HCl and 500mg of TA (about 350mg HCl equivalent), it was a very immersive and profound experience where I was incredibly altered. The flood dose is a totally different thing, it barely felt like the same drug. The dose is several times higher. I don't know if I'll ever do a flood dose again (I did it to get off opiates), but I will certainly take it more times in the lower ranges. Also the smaller dose last maybe 12 hours with some residual effects the next day, while when I took the flood dose it was 3 full days before I could even be sure that what I was experiencing at any given moment was real and not a dream-vision. I was so intoxicated that I didn't even realize that my dreams were merging with my waking reality, nor was I at all aware I was having a vision during them, I just accepted them as reality. It was easily the most intensely I have ever been altered.