• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ibogaine help needed to break Cocaine Addiction

Capri075

Greenlighter
To make brief, my brother has been addicted to cocaine for over 9 years. My family have been trying to help him break the addiction, but nothing succeeded. He's in the verge of dying if he don't find a way to break the addiction. I only found out about his addiction a few years ago. I wouldn't get into how much he have put us through the span of the addiction. I understand's it's his addiction that is causing most of his troubles. Me and family are far from rich, and are more around the range of being poor. I found out about Ibogaine a few months ago. I wouldn't get into details about how hard I tried to help his brother get or go through Ibogaine treatment. I have done the research on Ibogaine etc. I need urgent help in regards to Ibogaine etc? Thank you all very much, in advance, for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
To make brief, SWIM live's in Boston, MA. SWIM's brother has been addicted to cocaine for over 9 years. SWIM's family and SWIM have been trying to help him break the addiction, but nothing succeeded. He's in the verge of dying if SWIM etc don't find a way to break the addiction. SWIM only found out about his addiction a few years ago. SWIM wouldn't get into how much he have put SWIM's family and SWIM through the span of the addiction. SWIM understand's it's his addiction that is causing most of his troubles. SWIM's family and SWIM are far from rich, and are more around the range of being poor. SWIM found out about Ibogaine a few months ago. SWIM wouldn't get into details about how hard SWIM tried to help his brother get or go through Ibogaine treatment. SWIM has done the research on Ibogaine etc. SWIM needs urgent help in regards to Ibogaine etc? Thank you all very much, in advance, for your help!

No swimming here, as far as I know. I don't think that Ibogaine will provide what you expect. Though it could work. Placebo could work too. LSD too. Ibogaine It is not a wonder medicine which cures addictions of all types. One could also use coke to cure some other type of addictions (Yes people do that, those who can aford it.). Coke is not what you maybe think a super heavy drug which makes one feel some crazy euphoria (Not talking abou IV coke here. Have no experience with IV.). For me it feels more like mild stimulant. It is nothing compared to opiates/opioids. I think lot of people who really overenjoy coke do that under influence of placebo. An example; 4 guys take few lines of coke, and feel invincible for the rest of the night!? Don't claim this, but I take it as a possible explanation, because coke doesn't last that long (regarding just mentioned example.), and lot of people I know feel same about coke as I do (mild stimulant, fixes ones mood, bit euphoria, but quite natural feeling.).

I would like to give you an advice. Focusing attention, thoughts, energy, and everyting on coke, or any drug, and on getting one off the drug is wrong path which NEVER works.
Ask your self, and your brother following questions: Does he have any passion in his life (aside from doing drugs of course.)? Moral principles? Is the fear of dying his only reason why he wants to stop, or not even that?
In case he lacks both, your only option is to work on these issues, treating acute issues as they come, but focus on topics I just mentioned.
If doing coke is only thing he really likes, and he doesn't care about you and his familiy, chances are he won't make any real, lasting progress, even if he is scared for his life, and that is his only motivation.

In case he is not such an asshole, help him to focuse on things he like. If he has any friends ask them to spend more time with him. Don't push he has to stop now, and completelly. Don't make issues from temporary relaps, when he starts making progress, decrasing his consume.

Important is that he has life, joy, that he doesn't harm people he loves (and all others as a matter of fact, including him self.), that he spends good time, goes to work, supports family and him self, instead of using them and harm.

With other words try helping him to become a batter person, and to focus on better, usefull things, and if he succeeds coke will become side issue in his life. If he continues to do it every now and then, doesn't really matter (my POV at least.). Important is he doesn't abuse it (Yes I think one can use it and not abuse it, theoretically.), spend his and yours money on it, harms his health.

I whish you both, and your family all good.

Forgot to mention something... It is important that you talk with him about the whole situation, and his reasons... Such issue can be caused by serious depression for example. Depending on the reason he is doing coke so excessively, there could be a treatment or some kind of different solution (depending on the nature of the issue) to his problem. In case of depression, for example, a therapy with antidepressants could help him.

###, thank you for your help. My family and I have tried speaking to him, but he refuses to openly admit that he's addicted. He has been stealing our things to feed his addiction. It just keeps getting worst and worst as time passes on. He recently stole a large chunk of my lifetime saving (that I was going to use to help him buy a ticket to get out-of-country treatment from any center that uses Ibogaine. I am currently near broke... I know some can handle cocaine and use it moderately, but he has far proven that he can't. He has stole from almost all of my family members numerous times. We've tried rehab, counseling, prayer and some supplements. I don't know which herbal supplement combination can break that degree of cocaine addiction. He's an extremely talented artist, he even earned a four-year scholarship to go to art school, but his addiction didn't allow him to carry on with it. It goes on and on. He's going through monumental troubles, mostly caused by his addiction. My family and I have all agreed that Ibogaine or herbal supplements is his only chance, if he wants to live.

I think this is something you won't like to hear, and I can expect there will be people who disagree, but in my life I have met, a lot of bad people (and I knew them pretty well, more or less.), some good too, junkies, thieves, from those who had stole Walkman from their own sun to buy dope, to the man who had beaten old man and woman, before that three kids (12 and 15, their sister 17) with baseball bat, or one guy who shot two kids (but this happened in war.), to people who were addicted but never stole anything from anyone (especially their parents and close family.).

I don't think I have ever met a person who actually changed in that way after started doing drugs, or even after becoming addicted. I knew them before, and after, and every single one of them who was asshole after starting drugs, was same if not worse asshole before that. Won't say that everyone who steals is same. Some parents maybe deserve something like that to happen to them, but I don't have a feeling your parents are in that basket.

Also if you check communities of people who got addicted because of their pain management therapy, you will hardly find thievs and people who steal from their own family among them.

Only popular drug I know that can really change a person (probably only temporarily) is ethanol (don't have much experience with LSD and similar, but I guess it can happen there too...).

Maybe you should try to talk to to him harder. He might be embarrassed or something. If you were not so close before to talk about sensitive issues, it is natural he won't feel comfortable speaking with you about many things. Than try finding a person who can access him at different, more personal level... Maybe you will be able to find out what are his issues... I doubt it is only about coke.

Does he want to quit?

The therapy you mention (and any therapy, for that matter) will not work unless there's a genuine desire to quit on the part of the user.

If that isn't present then it's a futile effort.