View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ibogaine (etc.) and suicide

SKL

Bluelight Crew
Hi, PD. It's been a while. I wish I was bringing you a less morbid topic, but here it is:

I recently lost a very dear friend of mine to suicide. This is about 6 months after doing ibogaine to get off methadone, had been a long term heroin and then methadone user. Was initially successful getting off dope but eventually had chipped a bit with dope in the interval between the ibo and his passing.

This brought to mind another situation that occurred years ago. Another friend did ibogaine, in this case more for cocaine than for dope, then took his life on a similar time frame.

My thinking is that these individuals had a mindset that the ibogaine and getting off drugs is going to fix everything in life and then of course they get back to real life and find that even without drugs they have serious life problems. I feel like this lead both of these people to despair.

This is a fairly simple psychological explanation, but one can't really rule out a stronger link to ibogaine itself.

I was wondering if anyone was aware of similar cases and if this is something that should be made known to people who chose ibogaine treatment as an issue that should be addressed in aftercare.

Love to all and hope everyone is doing well.

Edit—Changed the title to be more broaded in scope, as I further elaborate on my concerns about ibogaine, and other drugs used as therapy, especially MDMA, below.

Last edited:
Hey SKL, sorry for your loss. This gives me chills, as I was just discussing this elsewhere. We had two BLers and PD fam who killed themselves after ibogaine, some years ago. In both of their cases, they took a flood dose for long-term severe opiate addiction, and it worked wonderfully, and they felt their lives had been turned around (like what happened with me). Then after a time, they relapsed due to life becoming overwhelming again. Each of them decided to do a flood dose again. But their experiences were eerily similar, both reported an opposite experience from their first, where they felt that iboga informed them that one time was all they got, and their experiences left them disturbed and even more lost. Each of them killed themselves shortly afterwards and expressed to me that the second flood dose had been a mistake.

In both cases, their lives were extremely painful and they were going trough very difficult times, which was the reason for the depression/suicide.

I'm not going to mention names out of respect but both were friends and mentors of mine. In fact I am speculating that it was suicide in both cases but in both cases there were extremely obvious signs and there is no doubt in my mind that it was suicide. But I can't be 100% sure since that is a private thing and I did not know their loved ones at all.

These events have impacted me to the extent that I vowed that I would never try another flood dose. Though I have microdosed and one day am interested in taking a full dose, but sub-flood, simply for the purposes of having a visionary experience, rather than to try to help with addiction. My flood dose was a profoundly positive and life-altering experience that was very important for me. But I would not try for it again.

I think you're spot on as to why this may be. Generally when people are using ibogaine for addiction, they have reached a last resort state of mind. They're putting all their eggs in this one last basket... if this doesn't work, nothing will work. I think if it didn't work in the first place, they'd be disappointed, but the bigger danger comes from if it DID work for a time, a relapse feels like an even bigger failure. If one is in a state of mind where they're thinking that an external drug or event has the power to "fix" them, and they try again, and it doesn't work again, now they feel more hopeless than they've ever felt about it before.

The lesson is that even ibogaine is no miracle cure. It is great at giving you a change in perspective and a window into a clean slate. But unless one works hard to fundamentally change one's life and circumstances afterwards, they will inevitably slide back into addiction, for the very same reasons they became addicted the first time.

Last edited:
I am deeply sorry for your loss SKL.

Suicide is extremely difficult. I have lost two friends to it and they were not into opiates or hard drugs, unless you consider alcohol and MDMA hard drugs? The one friend just only smoked pot.

I know people who took Ibogaine, in the hopes of getting off heroin. It worked the first time temporarily, so my friend and his wife had relapsed so they figured, why not take it again? They had a bad trip thinking aliens were spying on them and they had covered the windows. The Ibogaine did not stop them from using heroin.

What did stop them from using heroin was they moved to a rural area where heroin was not as common, and it was super expensive. They got sober together and were not suicidal.

I am not sure what a flood dose of Ibogaine is? The people I know who took it, were able to talk, walk around, etc. so I guess it was not a super high dose?

this is a good video. i never done ibogaine never plan to it. But there seems to be some serious risks with such a powerful experince it can send people into hopelessness and depression

Reactions: SKL
I am deeply sorry for your loss SKL.

Suicide is extremely difficult. I have lost two friends to it and they were not into opiates or hard drugs, unless you consider alcohol and MDMA hard drugs? The one friend just only smoked pot.

I know people who took Ibogaine, in the hopes of getting off heroin. It worked the first time temporarily, so my friend and his wife had relapsed so they figured, why not take it again? They had a bad trip thinking aliens were spying on them and they had covered the windows. The Ibogaine did not stop them from using heroin.

What did stop them from using heroin was they moved to a rural area where heroin was not as common, and it was super expensive. They got sober together and were not suicidal.

I am not sure what a flood dose of Ibogaine is? The people I know who took it, were able to talk, walk around, etc. so I guess it was not a super high dose?

In a flood dose, you can't walk around and talk. A flood dose is 17-25mg/kg. Which is a huge range, but even the low end is incredibly intense. For example I weighed about 63kg at the time and took ~1200mg, so a little under 20 mg/kg. I dreamed for 3 days straight. An active dose is like 5mg, at that level it's mildly stimulating and motivating.

The flood dose totally took away my withdrawals, though they came back once it faded, but at that point I didn't care and just ignored them (they were not strong anymore).

In a flood dose, you can't walk around and talk. A flood dose is 17-25mg/kg. Which is a huge range, but even the low end is incredibly intense. For example I weighed about 63kg at the time and took ~1200mg, so a little under 20 mg/kg. I dreamed for 3 days straight. An active dose is like 5mg, at that level it's mildly stimulating and motivating.

The flood dose totally took away my withdrawals, though they came back once it faded, but at that point I didn't care and just ignored them (they were not strong anymore).
What did you dream about for 3 days?

I read this account of a guy taking Ibogaine, but he was a comedian/entertainer and has narcissistic personality disorder, and abused Ayahuasca and other psychedelic drugs, so I am not sure how accurate it is?

Really random dreams, later I made sense of them. Rather abstract things representing my addictive behavior, mixed with totally random weird stuff. I didn't know I was dreaming, I was very out of it.

Really random dreams, later I made sense of them. Rather abstract things representing my addictive behavior, mixed with totally random weird stuff. I didn't know I was dreaming, I was very out of it.
My dreams are strange enough already. I have heard of people meeting dead ancestors or relatives on Ibogaine, and Ayahuasca and that the drugs or plant/root mixtures both tend to manifest in human or entity forms for some people. I have never taken DMT. I never took Salvia as I saw a friend sort of have a difficult time on the 5X extract leaves he smoked, and he had taken acid, mushrooms in super high doses, lots of pot, nitrous, MDMA, benzodiazepines, Dexedrine, coke once, Ketamine, Angel dust or PCP, DXM, alcohol, oxycodone, etc.

I used to know someone who does not have drug addiction issues want to take Ibogaine in a super high dose to see what happens, but this person loves Ayahuasca, Datura mixed into the Ayahuasca, DMT, all of the then legal research chemicals from the late 1990s/early 2000s, etc.

But I am not sure why someone would take Ibogaine like this? The then married couple I knew who had taken it in the early 1990s, did so out of desperation as they had read an ad in a magazine or newspaper that it helped people get off of heroin and cocaine which they both used. The source shipped it to them from Florida.

Last edited:
Effortpost time.

The fact that some of the incidents @Xorkoth mentioned occurred after a second dose of ibogaine, spread out over months (to years?) is interesting. I don't have a specific connection to make there at this point except that it probably feels like twice the bummer and failure. I've also heard, anecdotally, as you probably have, from people who've had really extreme psychedelic experiences that they felt somehow "not welcome back." I believe I first heard this phrase, which is far from a unique one and akin to the old adage about "hanging up the phone", put in the "mouth" of a supposed "entity" in a trip report for DMT or 5-MeO-DMT, many years before Bluelight. Interestingly these are drugs which are very intense but, unlike ibogaine, tend not to have very long lasting or traumatic psychological outcomes associated with single instances of use. Exceptions of course may apply. Some people certainly have a bad time, especially with 5-MeO-DMT, and don't want to do it again for love or money, but the short action of these drugs I think doesn't lend itself to being traumatically difficult to integrate. Obviously ibogaine is very different in this regard.

Anyway, put a pin in that. I don't have much to add here other than to say that revisiting "strong medicine" like ibogaine when not having had much success initially is probably at the best of times like trying to use the face of the hammer to pry up nails that were hammered in awry.

Psychologically, the "last resort/let down" conception makes sense, but perhaps there's something more pharmacological at time. Of course, this dichotomy is more of a question of medium and message being intertwined.

Take the "black box" warning placed on antidepressants (among other things) relating to suicide. Does (say) an SSRI "make" a person suicidal? I hesitate to say this because it imputes a power to drugs to carry intent or information. This I categorically deny to psychedelics, so it wouldn't quite follow to attach it to quotidian psych meds. The truth is at once simpler and more complex—when talking about drugs that change our perceptions, discussions can suddenly take an epistemological and ontological turn. A facetious portmanteau I used to throw around during Twitter discussions of the validity of psychiatry and it's interventions was something along the lines of "epistomonosolontology." The intersection of diagnosis, perception, and being itself. I won't belabor this stuff too much, but hear me out. Psychological phenomenon and drug-effect are very finely braided together.

While in general, across populations, antidepressants reduce suicide risk, there is some evidence that some people, especially younger people, experience de novo suicidal ideation after stating antidepressants. What there is very good evidence for is that someone with past suicidal ideation will sometimes, after starting antidepressants, experience worsened suicidal ideation, and, particularly, incidents of attempted or completed suicide.

There's an essentially psychological explanation for this as well: a severely depressed individual is amotivated with respect to pretty much all goal-directed behaviors, which, it turns out, includes suicidality; likewise, a general lessening in blunted emotional experience can include a sharper subjective experience of emotional pain. So some of the motivational issues can be dealt with before the suicidality really recedes, which can lead to unfortunate outcomes.

Something like this is probably going on with ibogaine. Given the very complex pharmacology in play, combined with the neurochemical and hormonal changes that come with cessation of long-term opiate (or other drug) use, it's a very thick soup that's being stirred, which will necessarily have complex experiential and psychological sequelae. Our intuitive understanding of why one might feel hopeless or suicidal after the failure of ibogaine treatment or post-ibogaine life fits right in here.

As in the case of the anti-depressants, though, it's probably more than a purely psychological or environmental issue. It's unsettling, if not insulting, to think that "mere" chemistry might lead one to take one's own life, but no matter what explanations we can muster, this appears to be a drug with a different relationship to these risks than merely experiencing failure, relapse or let-down.

Either way, I think it's a significant cause for concern. Our small sample size notwithstanding, I think there's plenty of reason to be concerned. In fact, I think this is something that should be of deep concern to all uses of psychoactive drugs, and particularly in cases of what might be called the "experential paradigm" or "pharmacopsychotherapy", e.g. MDMA, classical psychedelics, ibogaine.

Incidentally, while often mentioned together with these, ketamine treatment for depression—which has the potential to be very helpful in some refractory cases involving suicidal ideation, including a set of cases not unlike those for which ECT is sometimes recommended—is somewhat different as there is no claim made that the subjective ketamine experience causes the antidepressant effect, it is more of a "pure" pharmacotherapeutic effect, albeit one not taken on a continuous basis. Ibogaine actually is a little of column "A," a little of column "B"—it's thought to pharmacologically interrupt the processes of addiction and habitation but also is often experienced as beneficially cathartic. One might even be tempted to draw the conclusion that there is a one-to-one equivalence here, but this is probably too clever by half (especially as nonpsychedelic ibogaine analogues may have efficacy for addiction.)

Postacute risk of suicide associated with treatment—and to be clear I don't mean anything necessarily connected with the content of the subjective experience, as in the infamous case of an LSD research subject defenestrating himself, but rather the taking of the subject's life after the experience is finished but still due to it's neuropsychiatric effects—is actually something that I brought up repeatedly to people like Rick Doblin at MAPS and some of the people at Johns Hopkins, mostly to get a more or less cold shoulder and hear my concerns minimized. Due to the "Blue mondays" issue (mostly a serotonergic deficit, classically implicated in depression) I think it's a huge concern with MDMA that's overlooked, and one that I unfortunately would be considerably less than shocked to see lead to some very bad press for those organizations. At the very least, a cynic might worry that a single high profile suicide might set back the movement to regularizing these kinds of therapies back a decade or more.

My feeling in the case of MDMA has been for a decade or more that treatment in situations like that of PTSD (where there's a significant risk of suicide to begin with) should be undertaken in a pleasant, non-restrictive inpatient setting treatment, at least initially or in at-risk populations, and that inpatient care should extend for a period of time (perhaps 48-72 hours) after the experience for safety, reintegration, and aftercare. Ditto for psilocybin and similar, probably, although I suspect MDMA is higher-risk than typical psychedelics due to the depletion of serotonin.

I'd say these precautions are warranted in even stronger terms for the use of ibogaine. Unfortunately, this isn't the way treatment is done. Now, in my friend and yours' cases, this likely wouldn't have saved any lives; and certainly I don't expect a six-month inpatient aftercare period. In a suitable facility, this might not be a bad way to do ibogaine, with a therapeutic environment and multimodal treatments both before and after after fact, but sadly it isn't 1960 anymore, and we no longer have agencies which fund such an approach to psychiatry, although we sadly many patients who are in great need of it.

To make a good start in cases like his, what we need is good screening process and exclusion criteria, which would've ruled my friend out, unfortunately, the private clinic he attended in Mexico was probably not particularly rigorous here and he could've easily lied anyway, and, due to the gray-market nature of the treatments and consequential lack of integration into the broader healthcare system, there's no way for responsibile referrals to be done. Clinical studies of, e.g., MDMA, usually screen pretty well as far as that goes. Doesn't mean the issues won't come up where and when those treatments are done more indiscriminately.

All in all, a thorny and emotional set of problems to which I don't readily have answers.

The very least we can do is have a frank discussion of these issues and possible attempts to reduce risk with those who are interested in trying ibogaine. In fact, this might be one of those curious situations in which awareness of risk might be, by it's very existence, prophylactic towards risk—this seems to be the case with antidepressants and suicide at least to a small degree. Awareness that suicidal ideation may crop up "due to" a drug may make those very ideas and impulses easier to resist. This doesn't guarantee that they won't be ultimately followed through with, but we should take any help we can get here.

Drug prescribers and advertisers disclose this risk of suicidality due to liability first and foremost but also because it's genuinely helpful. The experiential pharmacopsychotherapeutics should be no different, in fact, we should be even more careful with them. Unfortunately practitioners, researchers and promoters tend to an evangelistic, magic-bullet presentation and a quasi- if not overtly religious miraculism—Dimitri Mugianis went so far as to get himself initiated into the T. iboga-using Bwiti tribe, and putatively therapeutic ayahuasca use is very often tinged with shamanism, in and out of the jungle, not to mention less problematic and more staid research, e.g. at Johns Hopkins, which correlates a "mystical" experience with better therapeutic outcomes—all with to little thought given to paradigms of treatment and to management of risk. I've been sounding this alarm and making this criticism in various ways for many years now and have found only more reason to do so, sadly in this case due to very non-theoretical loss of life.

Edit: revised and expanded

Last edited:
Hi, PD. It's been a while. I wish I was bringing you a less morbid topic, but here it is:

I recently lost a very dear friend of mine to suicide. This is about 6 months after doing ibogaine to get off methadone, had been a long term heroin and then methadone user. Was initially successful getting off dope but eventually had chipped a bit with dope in the interval between the ibo and his passing.

This brought to mind another situation that occurred years ago. Another friend did ibogaine, in this case more for cocaine than for dope, then took his life on a similar time frame.

My thinking is that these individuals had a mindset that the ibogaine and getting off drugs is going to fix everything in life and then of course they get back to real life and find that even without drugs they have serious life problems. I feel like this lead both of these people to despair.

This is a fairly simple psychological explanation, but one can't really rule out a stronger link to ibogaine itself.

I was wondering if anyone was aware of similar cases and if this is something that should be made known to people who chose ibogaine treatment as an issue that should be addressed in aftercare.

Love to all and hope everyone is doing well.
I did a lot of speculation when my best friend died, and then again when it happened again.

Without first hand account of how they feel, it's all just that; speculation.

I did a lot of speculation when my best friend died, and then again when it happened again.

Without first hand account of how they feel, it's all just that; speculation.
This feels dismissive. I'm talking about broader issues here, as are others, albeit ones brought up by a specific loss, which has turned out to be a situation which is repeated across different individuals and contexts. This isn't just a case of pondering "why" with respect to my friend—although I certainly do—but about raising concerns related to questionable practices and lack of safeguards in the underground, semi-underground and experimental treatment scenes. When you lose a friend in a drunk driving accident you're allowed to mourn and wonder why he was taken so early, but also think of alcohol as a potential issue.

* Revised and expanded my long post above.

Last edited:
This feels dismissive. I'm talking about broader issues here, as are others, albeit ones brought up by a specific loss, which has turned out to be a situation which is repeated across different individuals and contexts. This isn't just a case of pondering "why" with respect to my friend—although I certainly do—but about raising concerns related to questionable practices and lack of safeguards in the underground, semi-underground and experimental treatment scenes. When you lose a friend in a drunk driving accident you're allowed to mourn and wonder why he was taken so early, but also think of alcohol as a potential issue.

* Revised and expanded my long post above.

I think this folds into the greater issue of addiction being stigmatized and criminalized. Nobody is really looking into changing how sobriety happens. Rehab is incredibly profitable, squares are convinced it works and is the only way, so I dont see "radical" things like ibogaine being legalized and studied any time soon. Very unfortunate. Even our rehabs arent a sure thing on being safe, they are very poorly regulated, and people die in them all the time from neglect (I was a hair away from being one) and nobody changes how things are run. It's nobody's top priority until someone they know dies, then it's too late. You wont hear any politician making speeches about changing treatment options. It doesnt get people riled up like abortion and guns do.

Sorry to hear about your friends. Addiction is overwhelming, and sometimes it feels like both addiction and sobriety are different flavors of hell. Takes a lot of work to grow past that.

I hate downers, but this is not about me. I had a friend who wanted to fit in / make friends. I had to leave for a year. When I found out it that a common "friend" got this kind, most benevolent friend began using and ODed, not only I felt responsible --he was a teenager with gray hair-- I (story for another day). I checked the phone that I leave home oftentimes, and found he was calling daily. Another happy (old) teen who got into addiction 'cause someone needed a partner in crime (carry it, buy it, etc) He had the audacity to tell me that he was selling it to him after getting him addicted just to get his fix. Drugs are being cut. You don't know what can happen. Even prescription meds. you take one pill, the 2, then 3, and stop. He wasn't even chasing euphoria. Even all the drugs on the world won't help is you find the source of the problem (although this is I.)Only advice I can give: feeling euphoric withought changing things in your life, leads many people to hades. Epicurus' Tetrapharmacon is the path devoting our lives into achieving it.

I hope they all left peacefully

I think this folds into the greater issue of addiction being stigmatized and criminalized. Nobody is really looking into changing how sobriety happens. Rehab is incredibly profitable, squares are convinced it works and is the only way, so I dont see "radical" things like ibogaine being legalized and studied any time soon. Very unfortunate. Even our rehabs arent a sure thing on being safe, they are very poorly regulated, and people die in them all the time from neglect (I was a hair away from being one) and nobody changes how things are run. It's nobody's top priority until someone they know dies, then it's too late. You wont hear any politician making speeches about changing treatment options. It doesnt get people riled up like abortion and guns do.

Sorry to hear about your friends. Addiction is overwhelming, and sometimes it feels like both addiction and sobriety are different flavors of hell. Takes a lot of work to grow past that.
A friend of mine you used party drugs 2-3 times / year kept saying that even sobriety is an addictive thing. One day his stepfather beat him badly and a moron gave him pills --he was 16 and less than 100lbs I don't know how things outside Europe, at least they don't interupt the user / scaring him and harming himself/herself, BUT high......... o.......s don't mind dealers who have ferraris and huge mansions 50meters from a major p..g farm. I saw a user with just a needle, no weapons, no stash and the guy trying to escape the beating got hit by a train. The guy with a glog, the Porsche, and bags was watching 100meters away.

Off topic I believe I read that nicotine is as addictive as H...n. LOL!

My dreams are strange enough already. I have heard of people meeting dead ancestors or relatives on Ibogaine, and Ayahuasca and that the drugs or plant/root mixtures both tend to manifest in human or entity forms for some people. I have never taken DMT. I never took Salvia as I saw a friend sort of have a difficult time on the 5X extract leaves he smoked, and he had taken acid, mushrooms in super high doses, lots of pot, nitrous, MDMA, benzodiazepines, Dexedrine, coke once, Ketamine, Angel dust or PCP, DXM, alcohol, oxycodone, etc.

I used to know someone who does not have drug addiction issues want to take Ibogaine in a super high dose to see what happens, but this person loves Ayahuasca, Datura mixed into the Ayahuasca, DMT, all of the then legal research chemicals from the late 1990s/early 2000s, etc.

But I am not sure why someone would take Ibogaine like this? The then married couple I knew who had taken it in the early 1990s, did so out of desperation as they had read an ad in a magazine or newspaper that it helped people get off of heroin and cocaine which they both used. The source shipped it to them from Florida.
Ibogaine is a bit similar to anti-parkinsonic meds. They used to give them to soldiers. Made them very aggressive, have no fear, heighted senses,etc high dosage can cause hallucinations, but nothing like Angel's Trumpets / Scopolamine and datura (cousin species). Trumpets aka Devil's Trumpets has the characteristics of sooo many halluciogenic and not only...... people go on killing sprees/suicides/dissapearences/etc. Even planting it makes some people dissapear. I don't know about planting, but a flower made a German rapist after she made him some tea running naked for a week trying to hide from the devil. Good part for addicts? In dosage that lasts 1-2 days you confront whatever you fear the most (like drug addiction/smoking/etc). Nothing like being able to see what's real or not, but not kind of fun like other stuff. with just a cute flower that grows in parks in abundance (even smelling it can... to a child) in mediteranean places. turning the tea to icecubes is enough to make like 20 dosages. I couldn't believe it. So I tried taking 3 icecubes. Everywhere I looked... dead people. Mirrors? Telepathetically talking (the cute version sawed my mouth shut. to my self only he was only a little cutter (horns, sharp teath, asking me to kill). Fortunatelly I got locked in a friends house for 2 days. small dosage works like Kratom. large (a 15 year oldchubby girl run 20 miles to her parents home and broke the door? You want to ask someone to kill you, but have your mouth closed shut with stiches and HE is not letting you of where you are lying paralyzed.then the aforementioned follow. Even with trihexylphenidyl & atropine combo, people who can't buy coke get aggressive stabing each other. I'm trying again, but those addicted to heavy drugs............... probably will stop for a few months.

He's correct!!!!!!!!! even 60 pills make you just a bit aggressive. Only try in emergencies. I you hear a weird noise (like a burglar) oooooh he's fucked. when I first tried it, I was asking a policeman to punch me to see what happens to him next. Maybr they should be giving only to combat soldiers. One week's abstinence didn't help. need a month or more. let me know

Ibogaine is a bit similar to anti-parkinsonic meds. They used to give them to soldiers. Made them very aggressive, have no fear, heighted senses,etc high dosage can cause hallucinations, but nothing like Angel's Trumpets / Scopolamine and datura (cousin species). Trumpets aka Devil's Trumpets has the characteristics of sooo many halluciogenic and not only...... people go on killing sprees/suicides/dissapearences/etc. Even planting it makes some people dissapear. I don't know about planting, but a flower made a German rapist after she made him some tea running naked for a week trying to hide from the devil. Good part for addicts? In dosage that lasts 1-2 days you confront whatever you fear the most (like drug addiction/smoking/etc). Nothing like being able to see what's real or not, but not kind of fun like other stuff. with just a cute flower that grows in parks in abundance (even smelling it can... to a child) in mediteranean places. turning the tea to icecubes is enough to make like 20 dosages. I couldn't believe it. So I tried taking 3 icecubes. Everywhere I looked... dead people. Mirrors? Telepathetically talking (the cute version sawed my mouth shut. to my self only he was only a little cutter (horns, sharp teath, asking me to kill). Fortunatelly I got locked in a friends house for 2 days. small dosage works like Kratom. large (a 15 year oldchubby girl run 20 miles to her parents home and broke the door? You want to ask someone to kill you, but have your mouth closed shut with stiches and HE is not letting you of where you are lying paralyzed.then the aforementioned follow. Even with trihexylphenidyl & atropine combo, people who can't buy coke get aggressive stabing each other. I'm trying again, but those addicted to heavy drugs............... probably will stop for a few months.
Fun fact: in many countries they were selling datura stramonium for asthma. Everyone's different.. Mushrooms/LSD/MDMA never made hallucinate. to shit your pants try peyote/datura/etc/ for nice hallucination a bit aggresive Artane & Biperiden

He's correct!!!!!!!!! even 60 pills make you just a bit aggressive. Only try in emergencies. I you hear a weird noise (like a burglar) oooooh he's fucked. when I first tried it, I was asking a policeman to punch me to see what happens to him next. Maybr they should be giving only to combat soldiers. One week's abstinence didn't help. need a month or more. let me know
Maybe it was I, maybe the plant. depends on the color of flowers as well. Salvia... I think it was low dosage for a person of my height/weight. About artane I love getting the aggression out of your system --like being in the octagone and tunting the opponent to hit you in order to become more aggressive. Once I tried the pills that are seen at a nightstand in Pumping Iron. Good, but not roid rage. I didn't listen to the news Arnold killing anyone.

I see a link between death/suicide with heavy drug use in general. Very hard to say in these situations unless you have witnessed it all unfold if the ibogaine was a trigger or if the person was going to commit suicide regardless. Or unless ibogaine is in their blood stream at the time.

Ibogaine has proven over time to be successful in treating opiod addiction. However since it is so potent and a deliriant at flood dosing I would not dose it without a sitter. Especially if you are already talking about potential risk of suicide. The success stories you read of online in a lot cases would have been in treatment centers or guided by someone experienced.

Dosing ibogaine alone without therapy and dosing with a sitter (w/ integration therapy) should be viewed as two different experiences which may result in two completely different experiences.

The positive effect of ibogaine also doesn't seem to come from it's psychoactive effect. I think in the future we will see ibogaine swapped for non-psychoactive derivatives in the treatment of addiction.

First, sorry for all your losses, I've lost count and no longer keep track of the number of people I know who have OD'd accidently or on purpose, or took their own lives.

I think the mind is extremely powerful and malleable. We live in a society where we've come to expect fast results and instant gratification. Fast food, the internet, netflix, grub hub, etc. All of these things are designed to give us what we want as fast as possible with as little work as possible.

I think there is a reason there are religions and ceremony so closely intertwined with psychedelics like peyote and ayahuasca. Shamans and priests and spiritual guides that often accompanied people who take the sacrement. These things are meant to provide perspective and direction. It's the beginning of a new JOURNEY, not necessarily the end of an old one.

Life is hard even for people who have never used drugs. We all need some help from time to time to get through the rough patches. Unfortunately depending on how long one was in active addiction, one may have never learned how to cope with difficult situations, since running from/ignoring/avoiding promises was all they know, it's hard to not resort back to it. That's where religion, therapy, spiritual beliefs, shamans, support groups, mentors, etc come in. They can share their experience and help guide us into a healthy, successful resolution of the problems we face. Ideally we learn these things as children, teenagers, and young adults. Those are the lessons we addicts miss out on while in active addiction.

I'm not saying there was not a connection to suicide risk increasing with any given substance. I just think that risk would have been reduced or eliminated had there been more guidance. You can call it aftercare, therapy, aa/na, religion, spiritual reading, or whatever.

Just because I buy a hammer, and learn how to nail something with it does not build my house. There is more knowledge, time, and effort required to get there. Ibogaine (or any psychedelic) is closer to a hammer, nail, and the idea that you can take material, apply your energy and create something new; than it is to a house. I believe that in the situations where you hear someone does a psychedelic and magically turns their whole life around, it isn't because they got lucky and bought the best hammer ever or learned how to use it better... it happens either because they naturally pursue the rest of the tools and knowledge needed, or the hammer was simply the one tool they were missing to get started.

Long story, but it wasn't my post. Secondly, I AGREE! TOTALLY. Also I often say: "good things come even from bad things" and the opposite, but mostly the first one. Also, everything is dose dependent, etc.

First, sorry for all your losses, I've lost count and no longer keep track of the number of people I know who have OD'd accidently or on purpose, or took their own lives.

I think the mind is extremely powerful and malleable. We live in a society where we've come to expect fast results and instant gratification. Fast food, the internet, netflix, grub hub, etc. All of these things are designed to give us what we want as fast as possible with as little work as possible.

I think there is a reason there are religions and ceremony so closely intertwined with psychedelics like peyote and ayahuasca. Shamans and priests and spiritual guides that often accompanied people who take the sacrement. These things are meant to provide perspective and direction. It's the beginning of a new JOURNEY, not necessarily the end of an old one.

Life is hard even for people who have never used drugs. We all need some help from time to time to get through the rough patches. Unfortunately depending on how long one was in active addiction, one may have never learned how to cope with difficult situations, since running from/ignoring/avoiding promises was all they know, it's hard to not resort back to it. That's where religion, therapy, spiritual beliefs, shamans, support groups, mentors, etc come in. They can share their experience and help guide us into a healthy, successful resolution of the problems we face. Ideally we learn these things as children, teenagers, and young adults. Those are the lessons we addicts miss out on while in active addiction.

I'm not saying there was not a connection to suicide risk increasing with any given substance. I just think that risk would have been reduced or eliminated had there been more guidance. You can call it aftercare, therapy, aa/na, religion, spiritual reading, or whatever.

Just because I buy a hammer, and learn how to nail something with it does not build my house. There is more knowledge, time, and effort required to get there. Ibogaine (or any psychedelic) is closer to a hammer, nail, and the idea that you can take material, apply your energy and create something new; than it is to a house. I believe that in the situations where you hear someone does a psychedelic and magically turns their whole life around, it isn't because they got lucky and bought the best hammer ever or learned how to use it better... it happens either because they naturally pursue the rest of the tools and knowledge needed, or the hammer was simply the one tool they were missing to get started.
Also I know I heroin addicted girl, who was kind of an expert on psychedelics, and used it to quit. She did it! Amazing. Also an guy told me they used to sell smokes with datura powder to people with asthma. :O

Also I know I heroin addicted girl, who was kind of an expert on psychedelics, and used it to quit. She did it! Amazing. Also an guy told me they used to sell smokes with datura powder to people with asthma. :O
I'm also an ex-heroin addict (just over 2 years now), aided greatly by psychedelics (Cliff's notes: DXM to detox, diet, exercise, meditation and the 12-steps of AA for 6 months to balance the brain chemistry and start healing some extensive damage to my body and mind, then some 1P-LSD in addition to, not instead of the other stuff.) I'm glad your friend was able to escape the misery that is addiction. Too few do. It took years and tools learned and practiced from dozens of sources before I found the ones I needed to free myself. I'm blessed to have survived long enough to learn them.

I don't post often, but I get passionate (read: long winded 😅) about addiction and recovery. I've escaped a fate worse than death. I just hope something I say helps somebody else do the same.

fellow flood doser for heroin recovery. I was in my early twenties. it intervened and saved my life, but I was not done partying. I attempted to use it as a "party guardrail" and was roundly smacked down/told by it/it told me in no uncertain terms that if i came back for another flood re opioids, that would take my ass out. and that I should come back once I have a different, equally pressing problem.
Because of that i have completed my last opioid withdrawal the old fashioned way. I look forward to utilizing it again, in proper context for completely separate mental issues.
I have had some friends with aborted attempts/second attempts and all I can say is - Iboga is EXTREMELY potent medication that truly needs (as indicated by others) a full re-integrative support network to get the most out of. There are uncomfortable physical and mental aspects that without the right insight could easily
be fuel for additional damage, or dangerous self-harm. I am so grateful for what it has done for me. I am also excited to see new analogues and methods come out to provide different types of help. I 100% concur with what others here express -- it can fuck people up if it is not handled correctly. Ibo is not a toy, it is an ancient plant medicine/spirit of vast intelligence and agency. I regard it with veneration/awe and respect as one should such a dense and old information source.