Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ibogaine - 110mg - experienced - Smoking Cessation

cdin

Moderator: H&R; Discord Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'd had a half gram of ibo hcl sitting in my drawer of treats for quite some time. As a little background, I have done quite literally most of the recereational drugs available, had habits to all the major ones and have really gotten my life together over the last few years. With one exception - after my first flood dose I felt so naked without any chemical helpers, so I picked the stoges back up. Eventually I got down to just snus - but this became 24hrs/day! I'm pretty sure I've damaged my salivary glands and it's just gross to have a brown fucking teabag staining your teeth literally 24hrs a day(realized I could use it through the night unlike cigarettes!)

The last time I took anything above 20mg of the hcl was a very ill advised experience. It was after my flood(several years), I had been fucking around with the usuals - booze, pills, coke and one day decided it was getting kind of out of hand, downed 300mg.... BIG MISTAKE. I can't describe it too well with words, but it definitely felt like getting my psychic ass spanked for six hours by a rather unhappy deity. Basically I was told - DO NOT USE ME AGAIN IF YOURE DOING IT FOR YOUR OPIATES, I SOLVED THAT PROBLEM ONCE, GOOD DAY. In ancient diety plant speak, which is usually images/feelings, but there was also this message directly, "verbally". The rest of the experience was TERRIBLY uncomfortable, had to terminate with valium/hydrocodone....

Ok fast forward to now, tobacco is the only real habit I have left, I use kratom occasionally but not above 2 - 4 grams which I would never have even felt before. Anyhow, I consulted a friend who does work w/ibo in mexico and asked him his recommended dose for smoking cessation - keep in mind we're both about 60kg, he said "120mg" no hesitation, so about 2mg/kg. I went home, weighed it out, looked at it skeptically. Became hesitant, then threw that fucker down anyway. 1 hour later I could feel it washing over me, soothing away all the nicotine jitters. I am sitting here now 17 hours tobacco free with no anxiety at all. I'll be continuing the 120mg a day until I run out, which is to say today :) I am absolutely shocked at how well this has worked, and with such a vastly different experience from the same material. I am an athiest, I strongly believe this 'inert' powder is possessed of a consciousness outside of the one you stick it into. just my .02

as a follow up, I took approx ~100mg a day for 4 days, am nicotine free still! all this done well below the tripping threshhold

as a follow up, I took approx ~100mg a day for 4 days, am nicotine free still! all this done well below the tripping threshhold
As a double follow up. Never went back to dope, nicotine regot me though