View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

iboga without puking.

Dracarys

Bluelighter
I've done iboga twice. Both experiences where very different. The first time i ate 15 grams of rootbark. It felt a bit toxic and i sorta puked my gut's out. My mind was a bit foggy and the experience was chaotic and incoherent. There where real hallucinations, but also a strong enhancement of the senses. I could all of a sudden, without holding my ear close to them, hear lightbulbs for instance, and it also gave me nightvision. I could clearly distinguish colours in the dark.

The second time, i ate a little more, but instead of eating it all at once, i ate small bits, spread over two days. The result was that there was no puking and no toxic feeling. My mind was also clear instead of foggy. But the most important difference was that the experience was much more hallucinogenic and much more visionary. When i lay down under a blanket i was fully immersed into other worlds. At some point i became a bee in a beehive. It was a giant hive, it was beautiful and it seemed to be made of pure energy.

Another difference was that the experience itself was shorter. Where the first experience had three phases, a visionary phase, a sedated, stoned sort of phase, followed by another visionary phase, the second experience was different. The different phases where sort of melted together, and the first phase gradually changed into the third phase, without an intermediate second phase.

The come-dowm was also much more comfortable. I didn't feel like a wreck afterwards. Instead the effects just gradually faded away, and at the end it just felt as if everything was a movie played in slow-motion...sometimes suddelnly speeding up to catch up with the normal world and then slowing down again. That was a bit funny.

Anyway. I later heard that tha bwiti also take iboga, spread over a period of days instead of all at once (though they take huge quantities). I find it a much better way to take iboga, in every way.

I've never tried iboga, but I find this to be true for dxm too. I haven't tried any other dissociatives but I definitely prefer a slow come up with dxm for the same reasons you describe with iboga, no body load and much more pleasant come down.