• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I would like concrete info about Klonopin (clonazepam)

pandapandax6

Greenlighter
May i take it under my tongue? I noticed pills dissolve real quick and taste like mint. Up untill now ive been taking 60mg bromazepam daily (im from europe so we have bromazepam) so as u can see im high on tolerance. Bromazepam has became unpleasant for me and since i switched to klonopin (rivotril here in europe) i feel amazing, im taking usually 6-10mg at once and everything feels light, like im levitating, just awesome and im not drowsy like on bromazepam. The only downside is my blood pressure drops very low and heart rate is around 45 and up to when i get episodes of anger 60, i dont know why im getting angry sometimes tho but i dont mind it gives me confidence.

Yes, you can take it under your tongue. Some ppl say it even starts working faster.

Yes and they actually make dissolvable tablets that are made to be taken that way.
But your prescription would have to be changed.

I know Clonaz inside and out, better than most doctors. Be warned, extremely easy to become dependant on Clonazepam and the withdrawals are literally the equivalent to torture. This is not a joke or an exaggeration. Taking it once a week is pushing it. Taking it twice a week is pushing it more. Taking it 3 times a week is guaranteed physical addiction.

Anyone who tells you otherwise here or anywhere else has no idea what they're talking about. I have taken this drug off and on for most of my life. I've quit cold turkey twice off of very high doses, and I've also quit using the much safer, severely slow tapering method (taking longer than a year).

This drug is in NO way a joke, and should never be taken recreationally.

I would say the only reason to take clonazepam is if you're having an anxiety emergecy.

If you've never taken it before ever in your life, you can get away with taking it for a few days (LESS THAN A WEEK) if you need to get through something insane, like a car accident or something.

The anger is mild withdrawal. When you come off clono it will destabilize your mood.

I could tell you all the dangers of clonozapam but then I'd be writing a novel here. Most important to remember are 1) You're impulsive so don't make any commitments or anything you do habitually (like shopping) just promise yourself not to do those things for at least 2 days after administration of the drug. 2) Don't drive or do anything dangerous on a high dosage, it impairs you. 3) Don't ever do it regularly. EVER. EVER. EVER. People have NO IDEA how serious the withdrawals are. Literal torture. Can't sleep for days. Think of the worst trip you can possibly have on a drug, + it never ending, and you not being able to sleep, literally not even for a second, for a week at a time.

You don't want it.

And when you come down off a high dose, that anger thing can be very serious. You may not notice it but the people around you will, you will treat people wrongly, even if you have no idea you're doing it. Clono works on GABA, just like alcohol, and it's effects are very similar.

Also, under the tongue actually doesn't make too much of a difference. Clo acts very slowly. If swallowed, 1 hour til you feel 'something' and 2 hours until it peaks, generally.

Lots of people take too much because they don't realize they aren't in full swing yet.

Uh, that's a lot of opinion and not much fact.
Clonazepam in thearuputic doses is not going to cause withdrawal or physical addiction within a week.
Sounds like it's a medication you've had trouble with specifically but not everyone that takes it has the same experience.

I currently have the footballs (lower dosage). The bars are better (higher dosage). Never herd of ones that dissolve on your tongue. I thought they were all pills you swallow, I never chewed one for taste but I guess I might try now.

I currently have the footballs (lower dosage). The bars are better (higher dosage). Never herd of ones that dissolve on your tongue. I thought they were all pills you swallow, I never chewed one for taste but I guess I might try now.

Tasted like a yucky pill, stick to swallowing.

Uh, that's a lot of opinion and not much fact.
Clonazepam in thearuputic doses is not going to cause withdrawal or physical addiction within a week.
Sounds like it's a medication you've had trouble with specifically but not everyone that takes it has the same experience.

I never said it would make you addicted in a week. I advised not to use it as long as a week. And to be honest it doesn't take much longer than a week, even for a first time user.

I don't think you're disagreeing with the facts I presented, but maybe you don't like my advice? The facts I gave are solid and you can google them. Easy to be addicted. Causes lower inhibition. Withdrawals can cause extreme suffering, especially cold turkey. Not to mention seizures etc. Clonaz works on GABA. I think I said quite a lot of facts.

I think you're confusing opinion with advice. I gave a lot of advice but that doesn't mean I don't have facts. I've been reading about clo for years as well as have a life of personal experience, quitting it cold turkey twice from high doses, and once by slow taper, have seen many people take it personally, and have read many personal accounts on top of it all. My advice is backed by a lot of experience and reading.

It's the best I can do. Sorry if I can't please everyone, or you specifically.

Just what is your motive in saying that anyway? You think my advice that people shouldn't get addicted to clonazepam is bad advice?

If you have a point, make it, so that people can actually benefit from it. Don't just say 'this guy is all opinions and barely any facts'. What's your point then? What are you trying to tell people? If you really care, wouldn't you tell them which parts are not facts?

Last edited:
The sublingual route is a good option if you do not have a completely empty stomach at the time of administration.

Klonopin tends to make you less drowsy than other benzos. To my knowledge, it is one of the few that is classified as an anxiolytic without hypnotic effects. However, all benzos seem to make users drowsy to some extent.
Klonopin is also supposed to be the "least addictive" of the benzos, according to my doctor. But in general, benzo withdrawal is very serious.

Also, paradoxically becoming irritable from benzo use has happened to me more than once, but it seems to be exclusive to etizolam and alprazolam.

Since this thread is getting heated (for no reason), I will say I AM NOT A DOCTOR, THESE ARE MY UNIQUE PERSONAL EXPERIENCES ONLY in hopes that I don't get attacked.