• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I withdraw from kratom even on other opies

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
DIdn't bring my kratom with me one day... didn't think I'd need it because I had some pharmaceuticals temporarily. Suddenly, started sweating and pretty awful anxiety... you know that not being alive withdrawing feeling from opies? I was on a substantial dose of opioids throughout that day too of the good stuff. I didn't know this was even possible. I don't take alot of kratom regularly either by any means. I felt high from the other stuff, but horrible still until I took kratom that very night to "feel normal" again. Maybe because kratom is a totally different composition? This totally wasn't in my head by the way! I suppose like switching off seed tea, even if you do heroin or something or high dose opioids you'd still be withdrawing from all the additional alkloids in the tea. I guess kratom is stronger than I thought. Everyone refers to it as a pretty weak opiate. Pretty much a slave to kratom at this point until I plan out a proper withdrawal plan this winter.

Last edited:
I’m the same way with suboxone.. No other opiate really touches suboxone withdrawal, even generic suboxone and subutex doesn’t that well. It’s just the way suboxone feels to me can’t be matched really.

-GC

I’m the same way with suboxone.. No other opiate really touches suboxone withdrawal, even generic suboxone and subutex doesn’t that well. It’s just the way suboxone feels to me can’t be matched really.

-GC

So you mean the sub withdrawal is severe for you? Some ppl say it is very managable, but I suppose it's super subjective and depends on too many factors to type out.

I'm just shocked... most people wouldn't have known this was possible. Kratom is pretty weak, but I guess after a long period of time your body just depends on it a bit and other opiates can't replace it physically. I was high on non kratom but SO grouchy and really physically uncomfortable.

Nah kratom is it's own beast, it's got some unique aspects that you don't get from traditional opiods.

Oh good. Glad I walked into yet another monstrous trap with a blidnfold on ;) At least it's not as soul consuming as the real stuff. Kratom is a pretty managable addiction in comparison IMHO. In some ways, I actually think it improves my life while real opiates want to destroy everything I love lol

Aside from being an opioid, kratom has alkaloids that are calcium channel blockers, thus it is not fully replaced with pharmaceutical opioids.

Kratom is like the black hole of opioids, you keep on downing that green powder to chase some high that never fully materializes...

even generic suboxone
What? So generic sub like the Sandoz brand I get lately isn't as good as brand name SUBOXONE? I thought I felt extra buzzed when I took the brand name 2mg strips the other day that I had found hidden.!!!

Aside from being an opioid, kratom has alkaloids that are calcium channel blockers, thus it is not fully replaced with pharmaceutical opioids.

Kratom is like the black hole of opioids, you keep on downing that green powder to chase some high that never fully materializes...

Can you explain this more? I actually don't know how kratom really affects the body/brain.. not to many do it seems. I've had some batches that felt stronger than pharmaceuticals even but that's rare. My use feels pretty limited, because past a certain point it's just dizziness and nauseau so it's a little bit anti-abuse friendly.

Some people state that it's really toxic but it is hard on the digestive system so maybe some can't tolerate that aspect.

Can you explain this more? I actually don't know how kratom really affects the body/brain.. not to many do it seems. I've had some batches that felt stronger than pharmaceuticals even but that's rare. My use feels pretty limited, because past a certain point it's just dizziness and nauseau so it's a little bit anti-abuse friendly.

Some people state that it's really toxic but it is hard on the digestive system so maybe some can't tolerate that aspect.

I don't think that many people think that Kratom is really toxic, and if they do I fully disagree.

I am dependent on Kratom but have only really been using it daily for about 6 weeks (my plan is to get back to at least not being physically dependent on it and needing it daily over Christmas break), but I have eaten such massive quantities of Kratom in a single day and over the course of days to the point that if it wear toxic I would be having problems.

I know that there are certain people who get liver problems from Kratom but I think that those people probably just have some kind of allergy to it or for whatever reason their body doesn't metabolize it or handle it well as they always have issues within the first couple weeks of using and I've never heard of anyone using Kratom for a while and having no issue with it and suddenly developing liver problems.

Of course Kratom is addictive and has side effects like any opioid, but I very strongly believe from personal experience that it is non-toxic, does not cause respiratory depression like typical opiates, and that most healthy people can handle it very well, even in large quantities, other than of course the fact that if you stop you'll get withdrawal.

I mean, I don't think there's any way it can cause respiratory depression in healthy people who can tolerate it cause I've taken like an ounce in a day and drank very heavily while on like 13 grams and even while also on some Phenibut too (that is a BAD idea and certainly NOT to be recommended) and never ONCE has my breathing slowed or have I in any way felt even remotely in danger.

I think that it is most likely the safest opioid out there and it's probably smarter for pain patients to use Kratom than traditional opiates in my opinion.

I don't think that many people think that Kratom is really toxic, and if they do I fully disagree.

I am dependent on Kratom but have only really been using it daily for about 6 weeks (my plan is to get back to at least not being physically dependent on it and needing it daily over Christmas break), but I have eaten such massive quantities of Kratom in a single day and over the course of days to the point that if it wear toxic I would be having problems.

I know that there are certain people who get liver problems from Kratom but I think that those people probably just have some kind of allergy to it or for whatever reason their body doesn't metabolize it or handle it well as they always have issues within the first couple weeks of using and I've never heard of anyone using Kratom for a while and having no issue with it and suddenly developing liver problems.

Of course Kratom is addictive and has side effects like any opioid, but I very strongly believe from personal experience that it is non-toxic, does not cause respiratory depression like typical opiates, and that most healthy people can handle it very well, even in large quantities, other than of course the fact that if you stop you'll get withdrawal.

I mean, I don't think there's any way it can cause respiratory depression in healthy people who can tolerate it cause I've taken like an ounce in a day and drank very heavily while on like 13 grams and even while also on some Phenibut too (that is a BAD idea and certainly NOT to be recommended) and never ONCE has my breathing slowed or have I in any way felt even remotely in danger.

I think that it is most likely the safest opioid out there and it's probably smarter for pain patients to use Kratom than traditional opiates in my opinion.
Nah I agree with you! Most people who claim to have liver issues from it also are heavy meth users or engaging in other stuff--but I do believe some people can't metabolize it right so they have awful nausea and other side effects. I’ve been on it for over a year now.. somehow my tolerance has stayed steady. Haven’t noticed any side effects so far. It's nice that when I switched over from pills to kratom regularly that I got my sex drive back quite a bit, and started enjoying more things about life that opiates kind of stole away from me for some time. Being a male user with opies is obviously a problem if you're younger and people expect you to perform a lot more often o_O At least on kratom I don't have to worry about popping a stiffy when it's needed. My life has felt pretty balanced since switching. Towards the end of my pill addiction I was just becoming extremely depressed and unable to pinpoint why until I switched off it. Kratom is a better anti-depressant for some reason it seems imo.

I mostly have good things to say about kratom minus the aspect of withdrawal that's for sure. I had some really dark moments when I was knee-deep in pill addiction--they definitely cause depression in long term use it's the strangest thing (probably has to deal with low testosterone). Can't eat it with spicy food with kratom though lol.. that's a disaster. Sucks because spicy food is my favorite. For some reason I can mix it with alcohol and not have any digestive issues though.

Last edited:
I have eaten such massive quantities of Kratom in a single day and over the course of days to the point that if it wear toxic I would be having problems.
Don't you find your vision getting blurry from high dose kratom? I notice this uncomfortable effect after just a few tsp or less within a day's time.

Don't you find your vision getting blurry from high dose kratom? I notice this uncomfortable effect after just a few tsp or less within a day's time.

Yeah of course lol. That's why my tolerance has stayed so level. If I try to get "high" off of it I just become dizzy and it's unpleasant enough to make me not care about the euphoria.

However, it has raised my tolerance to any other kind of opiate quite a bit so it gets tricky if I try to switch off for a little bit or use both at the same time. I know that kratom does not cause respiratory depression.. so would that make my tolerance to the respiratory effects from other opiates go way down even though my tolerance for their euphoria is already up? That's something I want to look into. Kratom is enough for me... other things are just recreational at this point in time. Came out of oxycodone addiction so kratom was a godsend since I couldn't get on subs.

Kratom is somewhat of a temporary solution for me. I don't want to be using other things but it happens you know? However, in the long run I can't be ending up taking huge doses of kratom because that defeats the purpose of substituting an addiction with a more manageable and legal one in some ways. So at some point in the future, I would like to taper off it and be on nothing opiate related. I do occasionally feel euphoria from good batches of the kratom, but for me it's basically suboxone in the sense it simply holds me up from becoming sick. I'd rather be on it daily than needing pills to not be sick--that was the worst.

Last edited:
Aw my first night of Kratom was amazing after detoxing from Opiates. It really gave me euphoria and energy. I drew like a dozen dirty pictures and danced with them in front of my partner. It rocked. After that it just kept me going in the morning, the worst detox times for me. After two weeks of not even moderate use, I feel the lack of after stopping. I'm sure it's crapper than crap coming off high doses.
If it's a temporary solution, it's maybe time to consider tapering if you're having issues. Have you considered using weed to ease the transitions? It won't fill the void but it'll ease some of the discomfort.

Aw my first night of Kratom was amazing after detoxing from Opiates. It really gave me euphoria and energy. I drew like a dozen dirty pictures and danced with them in front of my partner. It rocked. After that it just kept me going in the morning, the worst detox times for me. After two weeks of not even moderate use, I feel the lack of after stopping. I'm sure it's crapper than crap coming off high doses.
If it's a temporary solution, it's maybe time to consider tapering if you're having issues. Have you considered using weed to ease the transitions? It won't fill the void but it'll ease some of the discomfort.

Helps with the boredom aspect of withdrawing. Maybe a good idea! Sometimes when I smoke during withdrawl I become paranoid and negative but then I relax later. Anxiety is my most noticable symptom of withdrawing from any substance actually. Feels like the world is going to end any time soon.

Any time I've gone through kratom wd I always blast myself out of it. I have a long one to look forward to soon.

No that really doesn't happen to me.

Years ago when I was new to it it happened once and a while but I haven't gotten ''the wobbles'' in a long time.