• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

i want a new drug.

if you could iv Marijuana would you do it??

• I mean, obviously

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • wtf?

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • fuck no

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
Wow - look at the volume of liquid required! It's not a surprise - CBD is known to reduce psychotic symptoms even thought it's not psychoactive in it's own right.

For some time I have been repeating that of all drugs, cannabis is the MOST associated with the development of mental illness. While many other drugs can cause psychosis, when someone abstains from their use, the psychosis ends. But not with cannabis.

Nobody knows quite why but we began to notice it in the early 1990s when skunk became available.

I wonder what they mixed it with or was it sythetic THC somehow. Like surely you can't IV distillate, even in a carrier solution.

I think cannabis is also a drug that's abused the most almost, often on a day by day basis by habitual users. Hell i used to smoke 7g+ per day in pure joints back when i was involved. Didn't realise it at the time but looking back now it definitely was having a negative effect on my mental health. I would say even moderate use can cause a certain level of anxiety and make you anti social because of it.

I don't feel like it causes psychosis. Or at least not in the same way as day 3 awake smoking meth or crack.

I often wonder is it hybridisation that caused it. You rarely felt that head fried kind of way when smoking blonde moroccan say, or manali black (not sure it even still exists in the UK), but with all these new super strong crosses i'd say many people have weed induced psychosis and often don't even realise/aren't willing to admit it, because of the habit.

Like surely you can't IV distillate, even in a carrier solution.

Why not - the MW of all the actives is VERY similar and such a lab would be able to perform GC-MS and KNOW exactly what was in there. Don't forget, no basic nitrogens in the natural stuff so removing everything else is quite simple.

The sheer volume shows that you need a LOT of carrier since you only need 10-20mg of active and they were using 4-5ml Now maybe that's to titrate the dose - we didn't see it injected so we don't know if all of it was used.

BUT the actives are described as being 'moderately soluble' in propylene glycol so maybe they needed that volume... at least to ensure that when kept in a fridge, it remained in solution?

It all looked pretty accurate to me - that wasn't a Toy Town laboratory.

Also Tapered: I wonder if the study took into account how many people use Marijuana. I have been surprised at how many people use, that seem and look straight laced and have professional and normal jobs that use. Also what about the fact that people with mental illness seem to have fewer inhibitions. Also there seems to be a lot of people who are undiagnosed who may self medicate and pot
Is cheap, legal where I live and even when illegal, there were fewer consequences to personal use, and ease of availability compared to other drugs.
Also I use to drink and people at bars saw my long hair and druggie appearance and would ask me you smoke pot? My answer, look at me, what do you think? and then an invite

Also Tapered: I wonder if the study took into account how many people use Marijuana.

Of course. Anonymous questionnaires given to over 100,000 people were the basis of the findings. Multiple questionnaires over multiple years.

As I pointed out, unlike other drugs that commonly result in psychosis (stimulants and some pseudohallucinogens), psychotic symptoms didn't stop of cannabis use was discontinued. A large meta-analysis was that cannabis use was shown to increase a teenagers likelihood of developing schizophrenia by about 50%.

As you may know, schizophrenia tends to develop in people aged 18-24 and it's this age group that cannabis seems to impact the most. We began seeing a trend in the early 90s but it was over a decade before their was sufficiently strong evidence for it to be accepted as a (statistical) fact.

My friend Michael Linnell (who worked at Lifeline Publications since in opened in 1971) wrote/drew the above booklet:

As you can see, it's in no way telling people it's morally wrong to use cannabis, it touches on how the risks are dose/frequency related and since, at the time synthetic cannabinoids weren't fully understood, they are only touched upon.

I think we now have better evidence showing that the synthetic drugs are potentially even more hazardous:

I should add that I have seen thousands of GC-MS results on batches of these synthetics and as I've mentioned elsewhere, dangerous impurities (dimers, trimers, polymers) were more often present than not. They all have much higher MWs so they won't vaporize ahead of the flame-front so they will be pyrolized. Since they contain basic nitrogen atoms, N-nitroso and even N-nitroso compounds are formed. These are highly carcinogenic.

I've been asking Michael to develop questionnaires that ask about cancers and other negative health outcomes.

I can only speak of the UK but it's notable that the cannabis market and the 'spice' market are completely different. Whereas the smallest cannabis 'deal' I've ever come across is for £10 - maybe enough for 2 decent joints, Spice is sold in tiny £5 wraps like heroin or cocaine. The majority of Spice users appear to be homeless or living in temporary housing. It's not being uses to enhance other activity, it's used to essentially wreck people so much that they escape from their reality.

A really unexpected thing I noticed was that a surprising number of people who use crack stated that they preferred Spice. I do not understand that at all as the effects of the two drugs seems so entirely different. But I think it's because Spice is cheaper and acts for longer - when one is solely seeking escape. I would be interested to know if this is common in other parts of the UK or if it's actually the case everywhere. It just seems so odd, but these people made the statement freely, I didn't ask them.

Oh - and it would appear that 'addiction' to THC and synthetic CB1 ligands is an accepted fact, their is some basis for thinking that physical dependence may occur in some users. That last link noted that people who chose to smoke forms of cannabis with high levels of CBD were less likely to develop psychotic symptoms (as the video demonstrates) and of course, the synthetics contain no CBD. CBD has no affinity for the CB1 but rather acts as a negative allosteric modulator of the CB1 site.

Schizophrenia is a more common illness than most people imagine. The Dark Side gives an insight to how severe it's outcomes can be. It really shocks me that people who have stopped taking prescribed neuroleptics sometimes appear to judge how much their body has recovered by reporting on how potent the subjective effect of cannabis and/or hallucinogen use are.

Pointing out that someone who has previously suffered from long-term psychosis really shouldn't be using such drugs doesn't go down too well. BL is supposed to be a HR site and yet when presented with evidence, I haven't seen a single person re-evaluate their drug use. I don't know who mods TDS but I cannot help thinking that a sticky with the above links would be of value.

Why not - the MW of all the actives is VERY similar and such a lab would be able to perform GC-MS and KNOW exactly what was in there. Don't forget, no basic nitrogens in the natural stuff so removing everything else is quite simple.

The sheer volume shows that you need a LOT of carrier since you only need 10-20mg of active and they were using 4-5ml Now maybe that's to titrate the dose - we didn't see it injected so we don't know if all of it was used.

BUT the actives are described as being 'moderately soluble' in propylene glycol so maybe they needed that volume... at least to ensure that when kept in a fridge, it remained in solution?

It all looked pretty accurate to me - that wasn't a Toy Town laboratory.

I thouht IV'ing more than 1ml of liquid at a time was ill advised?

Mad, i assumed it would still have that 'sticky' type nature that most cannabis products have. I know that even 91% pure distillate is stilll like that. I'm guessing they need so much carrier fluid because if not it would clog an artery. Still seems a dangerous thing to shoot IMO.

I will suck dick for this good
Will suck yo big, fat titties if you can invent an opioid that gives a rush lasting at least 45+ years upon injection and has a half-life of at least 99+ years so I can spend the rest of my life being high as fuck from just taking one single dose. I will call it the golden shot...or maybe shot of the gods or something like that...no, how about this: OLYMPIAN ELIXIR.
You go make me super-duper-uber IV opioid solution, and I go take plane to you and suck tit as a lil thank youuuu tihihi :spinning:

Hmmm. A new drug ? Have you ever heard of Hallucinogenic Fish ? I don't know whether there legal or not, but not too many people know about them. If you eat the Fish you trip.

Here is what I'd do if I was a billionaire:

1. buy a majority stake in a pharmaceutical company.
2. Force the board of directors and managers to manufacture me a lifetime supply of Oxymorphone IV solution (I've heard it gives the most euphoric opioid high).
3. Enjoy 🥴 💉💉💉

I thouht IV'ing more than 1ml of liquid at a time was ill advised?

Mad, i assumed it would still have that 'sticky' type nature that most cannabis products have. I know that even 91% pure distillate is stilll like that. I'm guessing they need so much carrier fluid because if not it would clog an artery. Still seems a dangerous thing to shoot IMO.

More is fine - it's how fast you do it that's important and if the patient is fitted with a cannula. It takes 20-40mL of propofol (milk of amnesia) to produce surgical anesthesia but if you watch them do it, they just go slowly.

You would surely have to have an IV to deliver shots of such high volume, honestly i wouldnt be able to keep it steady the whole time with a 5ml shot and i would probably slip out of the vein eventually. Mean it took me years to get to the point where i can get a 1ml shot in the vein perfectly and its smooth like 95% of the time.

It took alot of practice for me to get good at shooting up personally. Once i learned to rest my wrist on my arm so i dont shake as much it was a game changer. When i started id try to hover above and i would always fuck the shit up. I really fucked up my veins when i was younger like a dumbass.

But then once i really figured ot out i went off the rails with IV use, wouldnt really recommend the lifestyle for anyone. Major problem was the first ten years of my addiction needles were illegal in NJ and hard to get, cost 5 to 10 bucks each at times. So me and my friends would use the same one repeatedly for weeks, not sharing.

But i would keep using my own and it was so sketchy, i absolutely did damage using dull needles and who knows what kind of crazy infections i could have caught. Thankfully i never did but it was a serious risk. Once they were over the counter and very cheap i only used them one time.

Do you mean a cannula? As discussed above?

Yes exactly, meant to type IV line when i wrote that.

Im sure that would be the only way right, i think id even need one with 5ml shots personally. Its hard to keep it steady for an extended period IME.