• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I wake up every 2-3 hours in W/D!! Why? How?

The WD really happens that often. My best link is because I take hydro ever 2 hours so my body is used to a constant dose of hydro and Opana isn't cutting it. I also take Clonzepam 10mh before bed. Yes, 10mg at bed all at once. I am prescribed double that per day, but don't take that much. The max dosage allowed. I have been on benos forever so they don't do anything besides keep me out of beno WD and having spasms/etc.

The quote below also makes sense. I take brand name and am very acitic I drink soda always never water.

Also this problem is new Semi new... Been on opiods for years. Happened shortly after I started to smoke double the cigarettes which always made me feel very acidic/etc.

Also I may not seem like I'm a high dosage but I am. I would experience the same WD someone taking 5 times my dose would... Due to Methodism, and my weight which is embarrassing... I'm like a high school girls weight so the WD I have been through has been just as brutal as the worst ones I read on here =\

I take brand Opana. Took generic and same problem before.

I think you are onto something. I am super acidic and drink soda all day everyday including when I take a pill(s). I will try that tonight. Does Pepto count? Or do I need like Alka selizuer/tums? I could take both.

Also maybe you are right. I take 5mg of hydro ever 2 hours instead of 10mg ever 4 hours. My body is maybe used to the constant hydro and Opana isn't good enough. Before I was on Percs same daily dosage as now
but switched to Vicodin at same dosage and had zero W/D. This was like 1-2 years ago.

Hydrmorphone also seems to have the most effect on me, which Vicodin breaks down into.. And Hydrmorphone is 33% stronger than OxyMorphone. Maybe my body is turning a very larger portion of the Vicodin into HydroMORPHONE Therefore making the Opana actually weaker? It's possible.

Insurance don't cover Zyhydro yet being so new, but may be worth a try. First I'm going to try to be less acidic at night before I take my last Vicodin dosage and before taking my Opana at bed. Will see if that works. Hope it does as it makes sense. I have a diet of fast food and soda, literally.

ALSO: I feel more WD relief from Vicodin then Opana... But I'm guessing is because 10mg is being released over 10-12 hours so I don't get "hit" all at once. I know OxyContin releases 1/3rd instantly and the remaining over 10-12 hours. Does Opana also release 1/3 instantly and the rest over 12 hours? Or is Opana just pure slow release and doesn't release a good portion immediately like Oxy does?
I tried 1 and a half tums and Alka selizuer before bed... I slept do a good 3-4 hours but then suddenly my roommate woke me up. Ugh. Will have to test it another night.

I know tagament is suppose to boost hydro, but how about Opana? I thought *maybe* it would do the opposite. Since tagament blocks a lot of the hydro from converting into the bigger HydroMORPHONE, and if taking Percs/oxycodone it blocks it from forming into oxymorphone. But I don't know if I take a direct forum of oxymorphone of the tagament will stop it from turning into oxymorphone (I assume no, since the pill is already in oxymorphone form.)

Anyone tried ZoHydro with success? Is it still crazy expensive or has it came down since it's not brand brand new anymore?

Even tho you take them orally and dont purposly abuse them...the fact that you are putting the drug into your body multiple times thruout the day is goimg too get you addicted. And opana is a very strong opiate the withdrawl is horrible and when your addicted too a certain point you have too redose every few hrs ( the time varys eveeybodys bodys diff. Comes on sooner for some and depends on many factors). Ive had exsperience with doctors getting ppl addicted then when you complain about it they say nothimgswrong or they just raise your dose or throw more drugs into the mix. I had a broken spine and started doing heroin from getting addicted to the pain meds even tho i took them as prescribed.

I know all this. I know my body is dependent or addicted otherwise I wouldn't have W/D constantly... Just some of the answers taking about shooting it up, which has nothing to do with what I posted... So I had to Clairfy I don't do any of that.

I can tell only a few people read my post fully so I thank those who did.

I think the PH thing is very likely, and so is the "my body is used to hydro every few hours, and even with Opana it's not enough to get rid of W/D". Both those two answers from the same person make the most sense.
I guess I will try the tums idea, if that doesn't work then maybe I need to be on something other than Opana... When I was on oxy ER, I had similar results too of constantly waking up. Just not as bad.