• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I.V Heroin / Speedball detox guide at home

Psyblast01

Greenlighter
Ok mates , i m not a doctor but my guy been struggling with heroin n speedball addiction for most of his 20s and now 31. It was a nightmare but we managed to push through without rehab or other programs after many attempts . So, i would just like to present you my "guide" and see if it helps you or if you have somebody who finds himself in this soulsucking spiral and needs help to get clean.
First things first , one must really want to get clean and have a good grasp of his underlying psychological issues that led him to addiction . Dreams and hope are good tools as also the desire to not want to die enslaved to a substance
What you will need : trust and hope ,1×2mg or 1×4mg subuxone the ones with naloxone in it ( we used 1×2mg) , 10× valium 10s and a couple of xanax bars if you can find , a few cannabis joints are also nice to have if you like cannabis.Of course all the vitamins and good food you can get , plenty of fluids etc. Say goodbie to dealers and using friends as their toxicity is more than real and they will tempt you into using again 100%
Now the important things , you will have to tapper your use of h or speedball to as little as possible , not too little but get down to the less you can manage , this might take some time or not so much time . I know its hard but if you can manage to dose every other day and not daily thats a plus because you build psychological strength .
When you decide the time has come , first two days without using must be taken as they are so that you prove yourself you want this despite the pain and also to feel the pain and your feelings that come up , that's very important so for the first 2 days no suboxone no nothing just take the pain as it is or try to distract yourself without medications or just otc meds.
3rd day : cut your sub in half and take the first piece , you will feel relief for the whole day
4th day : if you are still "high" from the 3rd days sub dont eat the other half just wait till later that day or at night
5th day : at night ,when the previous days last half of your sub starts wearing off you might start feeling some symptoms but much much milder . Remember suboxone is also an opiate but quite different from h. This is where you need to have some benzos . Take as little as possible first time and see from there .Don t exceed 4 days on benzos since they really are addictive if you get used to them and take as little as possible . Ideally not more than the 10 valiums and one xanax bar spaced between 3-4 days
Day 8 : toss the rest of your benzos down the toilet or keep just one pill just in case you get panicky or smthing which i doubt .Get some cannabis of good quality to smoke as needed or not at all . Excercise lightly, since your energy must have come back by now . Eat well. Be social. Connect. Do what you love doing in life. A bit later when you stabilize you can even start dating and everything.