View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I took shrooms when I was 15 and I've been feeling weird

Mrseahawk77

Greenlighter
Hi and thank you to anyone clicking on this thread, I took shrooms when I was 15 and now I recently turned 17 and I still feel as if it still affects me. I often feel as if my mind is blank and that if I wanna get angry or excited it's very hard and I feel as if I have to fake emotions. Sorry if I sound like a drama queen but I dont really have anyone to talk about this since not many of my friends do this stuff. It's been a whole since I did any type of drug. I hope that maybe someone here has dealt with this issue and overcame it and will be able to help me. Thank you and have a good day.

I don't think the mushrooms have directly caused you to become disassociated from your emotions like that, but it's possible, what do I know. I think it's most likely a psychological situation that might have been triggered by a mushroom trip.

My advice would be first off to forget about trying to fake or force your emotions. Just let it be, from a certain perspective emotions aren't real anyways, they are just constructions of our overactive mind. Over time you'll get back in touch with your natural emotions automatically, but don't try to force it to happen. It's actually pretty cool if you're not over involved in that stuff in the meantime, so enjoy it while it lasts, don't worry about it being a bad thing, it just is.

Eventually your emotions will probably come back, and be more real because they will be coming from a deeper, truer place.

On the other hand you might want to talk to a counsellor or psychiatrist, I'm just some guy on the web, I know nothing about you or psychiatry. In any case it's better not to fake it.

Thank you so much for your reply you really are a help. But your right since I remember having a mostly horrible experience.

this is what happens when you do drugs.

you should have listened to DARE.

but now that you are here, you should try to exercise, eat well, stop using drugs/cigarettes/alcohol, meet a girl/boy (or many), enjoy life, focus on school/trade...

or

start injecting ketamine immediately.

But seriously, don't worry about things too much. If your parents have the means, you might want to ask them to talk to someone (therapist) or maybe go to a school therapist if possible...

I remember not feeling many emotions when I was younger, as you grow and learn and experience things this changes (or at least it did for me)...

I used mushrooms heavily through my sophmore year along with MDMA. Along with my families house foreclosure I completely broke, I'd lived there since I was 8 months old and all of a sudden we are living in a motel. I had to learn how to function from scratch and having Aspergers didn't help lol. Just try not to overthink it, it is a self perpetuating cycle. Stop doing drugs for a while especially alcohol, if you want to smoke weed keep it to a minimum. Try and find hobbies and even if its torture at first try and hang out/make some friends. I owe everything to my best buds. At the end of the day all we really have is each other.
Tripping at that age is just too chaotic, too many obligations and not enough personal liberty. Once I felt comfortable (about a year later) I started to dip my toes again and I can say without a doubt I have made a full recovery.
I promise it will get better, time can be the best medicine :)

PS. Many people have this preconceived notion that mushrooms are safer than LSD but personally I find the opposite to hold true (Psychologically). A bad shroom trip can be full of self depreciation and loathing which is something you can definitely learn from but at that age it can just be a bit too much.

What was the trip like? You could have had a terrible time and experienced PTSD which can create an emotional numbness. Also growing up can create a huge mess of fucked up thinking, confused emotions and understanding.

It was horrible, absolutely horrible. Except toward the end where me and my friends laid under a tree. It was my first time to this place which was far away from my parents. To top it off I was feeling extremely guilty during the trip so I was really emotional and I didn't want to be there.