• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

I think my friend might have ripped me off

Mathew Lheureux

Bluelighter
Hey guys my names matt this is my first time posting in this section so ill try and be brief... awhile ago I contacted a friend of mine and asked him if he wanted to sell me some suger *cough* weed *cough*.. anyways we agreed to meet at his apartment lobby and he would send a friend of mine downstairs to meet me so it was set I got to the apartment lobby and one of his buddies runs down the stairs and hands me a ball of tinfoil wich I just assumed there would be sugar in,, I get home and unwrap the tinfoil and I see a bunch of spice instead of sugar.. the next day I run into the person who ran down the stairs and handed me the bag and he says that he honestly didn't know there was spice in the tinfoil and that he wasn't trying to rip me off.. I msg the guy who set the whole deal up and hes telling me that he didn't rip me off and that the other guy did... the man who ran down the stairs has agreed to pay me back 15$ this Friday meanwhile the other person has just been trying to buy shit off of me.. who should I believe and do you guys honestly think that the guys gunna pay me back the 15$

edit * I know for a fact that they were not in on it together so that changes things abit don't ask me how I know I just do...

Count it at a loss and decide whether your friend is being honest or forget them both.

Ive been ripped off once by a good friend, but i forgave him and let it go because i realized he really did care about me and the only reason he did it was because he was a drug addict.
Addiction causes people to do harm to people they care about because they don't really have a choice they just need the money for their fix.
he never ripped me off again after that, either, and has done me many favors since then.
ultimately i decided friendship is hard to come by so one little hiccup shouldn't sink the whole ship.

Been there done that when I was young and naive.

Next time ask yourself why he needs his friend to go downstairs to meet you. When you're unfamiliar with the person or don't really know them that well, you buy the drugs from the person directly. You only hand them the money when they've produced the drugs and allowed you to visually inspect the drug and/or smell it and you do it in a place you feel safe. You don't accept a wrap, a pack or whatever of the drug to be opened later, you look at it. No ifs, no buts and it's not rude, it's prudent. It's only rude if it's someone you know well where there's an element of trust, because trust is earned, not given.

Look on the bright side: for only $15 you both:
A) learned it's a fake friend and
B) never have to see them again.

awhile ago I contacted a friend of mine and asked him if he wanted to sell me some suger *cough* weed *cough*.. anyways we agreed to meet at his apartment lobby and he would send a friend of mine downstairs to meet me so it was set I got to the apartment lobby and one of his buddies runs down the stairs

this isn't clear at all, is the guy who did the hand-off a mutual friend of you and your friend in the apartment, or is he your friend's friend and just a stranger to you?

honestly, i wouldn't be friends with either of them. the majority of low-level dealers are just chopping to subsidize their own habits and will short you if it means they get to toke another bowl for free.