• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I think I've invented a new alcoholic/opiate cocktail; the methadone bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bropiate

Bluelighter
If you have no alcohol/GABA tolerance along with no opiate tolerance this is a deadly combination, I would only say people who are prescribed methadone and get takehomes along with being on it for a long time should try this and again it is at their own peril
I really have to warn you, as a harm reduction forum, if you don't know what you're doing you're playing Russian roulette with three bullets in the chambers. Even if you do know what you're doing, don't mix with benzos, barbs, pregabalin or any other gabaergic drugs. You may want to consume for your first time with a friend who has a naloxone kit just in case. Methadone is funny with dosing (it doesn't really fit on any equivalence table)

Essentially the cocktail is a whiskey sour with 1mg/ml syrup which floats in the middle giving it a yellow, green, yellow colour with the green usually in the middle if ice is used (I'll put ingredients below)

2 measures whiskey, more if you can hold both your opiates and drink a tolerance to benzodiazepines has a mild cross-tolerance and may help again, for HR reasons, go easy on the booze, not only may it help you absorb the methadone faster but downers have a 1+1=5 relationship usually, which is why I called mixing booze, benzos and smack 'tickling the dragon's tail' in memorium of Enrico Fermi who fatally Irradiated himself during the Manhattan project by causing a plutonium core to go critical. I almost overdosed once (woke up at 1pm in the burger king toilets and had to sneak out come morning.
1.5-2 measures syrup or gomme syrup, gomme syrup is nicer; though you'll need to go to an ethnic speciality store to get the gum.
2 measures lemon juice (if you don't like squeezing lemons then you can add about 3/8 more grapefruit juice, though remember white grapefruit juice interferes with liver enzymes.
Shake in a cocktail shaker (I use a thermos with a push button spout for the fact that nobody suspects a person drinking from a cup from a thermos)
Add (I'm on 70ml so I use 20ml of methadone) your methadone dose dependent. I personally wouldn't pass 20ml even if you are on 200mls.

After that's all added up you get something that looks like this (pic related)

Methadone_bitter.jpg

Again I must stress the danger of this and being a harm reduction board this needs done. If you are in the slightest worry about your health do not make it
If you are opiate naieve I'd suggest avoiding m'done altogether

Finally this is a tasty drink, though you may doze off and not wake up. Idiots say 'YOLO', they don't seem to understand that you only die once too.

If you've been on methadone long term and can hold your drink; approach with caution and start with 5ml and work your way up the next day if you are okay.

Don't be silly, don't die, don't be a statistic

I've gotta say though, I'd suggest it to the "imma grip and sip" rap artists. I would warn the fans of grip and sip (as much as I wish the people who make 'lean' would self-terminate I still urge you to stay away

This is a drink for super seasoned opiate addicts and even then you are taking a chance.

However I must admit it does improve on the flavour of prescription methadone.

Consume at your own risk, I cannot stress this enough.

EDIT: Mods, if you feel this goes against the harm reduction policy of the forum (though I did put in warnings everywhere) feel free to delete it. I feel it's just on the cusp of a dangerous thing to do and a nice summer drink. But ultimately you get to decide. :)

Closed as it is against harm reduction practices to suggest people consume alcohol with opiates especially methadone.

Status
Not open for further replies.