I think I'm addicted to snorting

JCF94

Greenlighter
I think I'm just addicted to the actual snorting of the drugs wether it's Coke speed or crushed up codiene is this a thing?

Yes...although it seems to happen more with I.V. use, poeple also get addicted to the ritual/ act of snorting.

Yeah thanks cause I don't care if it's speed Coke or my codiene I snort any of them I feel good after it even though they all give different effect I never mix them tho only time I do is to help the speed come down but I look forward to the snorting as much as the effect of the drugs which I thought was odd

Take a peek at the brain and addiction thread in SL.. the post that has the video pertaining to the monkey and dopamine release gives the reason for "the ritual" involvement in addiction.

This is also the reason some people get nauseous to the point of throwing up on the way to or from scoring drugs that they are addicted to. They are receiving a strong dopamine rush even before they use.

I think I'm just addicted to the actual snorting of the drugs wether it's Coke speed or crushed up codiene is this a thing?

Absolutely it is, right from the initial thought *hmmm, I fancy getting high", once this thought is embedded, its' incredibly hard to shake off, and in most cases, me included - the actual "getting wasted" is only a small percentage of the entire ritual.. Personally,my make up seems to make me hugely attracted to the really addictive shit, and whether its something new or an old friend, it begins right away as soon as the thought is fixed in my brain.

That's the start of the ritual, which then follows the following steps:
  • Which substance shall I use...
  • Justification. (i.e. I've only been using a few benzos, some wine, and a line of coke for the last few weeks)
  • Promises (it'll just be a one off..) - eayt to snigger at now!
  • The planning the purchase
  • The waiting for the order, prepaing the paraphanalia
  • The getting high for a few hours
  • The anti-climax and the comedown
  • The feeling rough for a day or two - telling myself that was the last time
  • Followed by the settling of dompaine and seratonin levels bring me back to normal, then repeating the process again...

Bit of a vicious circle really, yet I definitely agree a tough nut to crack!

Good luck

Everyone is addicted to snorting. Some people don't know it, yet or switched to more damaging ROAs.