Staff Feedback I think I need some guidance

AllMightyMe

Greenlighter

I posted what I thought was a humorous, jovial bit of my cannabis smoking experience. These are the replies I got....

If your your reason for making this thread was to generate as much hate and indignation as possible then I think you have succeded

lol yeh try and keep random ish to the social thread, that's what it's all about

then....... a big ole

Can someone explain to me what I did wrong because I am clueless? There are other threads in this section.... that seem "social" as well yet you targeted mine to be shut down.
Do cats and dogs get high too? First time smoking stories

I am VERY new and need help understanding how things work around here. I am new to "forums" and apparently don't know what is appropriate or inappropriate. I am surprised by the reaction I received from my very first real post. Help me Please

Firstly welcome to Bluelight, I'm sorry that your first experience was a bad one (were really friendly).

If your new to chatting on forums - Please do not use bold, do not use bigger txt than the standard unless you really want to make a point (sounds stupid but fucks people off).

I do not know your post but remember - what you find as a 'humorous, jovial' post could be deemed as offensive (your new, the mods on that section don't know 'your' humor).

PM me if you want further advice :)

Bear

Hiya AllMightyMe. Welcome To Bluelight.

Can I ask have you created a thread on New Members Introductions? That's usually a good starting place. Plus there's what Bluelight calls an adoption programme on NMI where a Bluelighter offers to befriend a new member n helps them settle into the forum; gives them advice on forum etiquette, where to go; stuff like that.

I've been here 16 months now n I'm still learning, still making mistakes - so try not to worry.

I would go to the cannibis discussion thread n tell them what you're telling us, that you're new n nervous as you're unfamiliar with things. I'm sure they'll understand. We were all new once. And we're a friendly bunch here at Bluelight.

And Bearlove (above) makes some good points too. Using capital letters or bold font is seen as a textual form of shouting n can often annoy people.

Evey

Ignore her - she's off her head
NSFW:
:p

(jke)

Last edited:
First, thank you for the replies.....
2nd.... Thank you BearLove. Except for this thread, I am not sure if I used bold, or bigger text. I will check if I ever have the time I used it here because I wanted to bring more attention to what I had to say and less attention to what others said. So maybe I used it appropriately here. Maybe I did not.
3rd.... Magnevibe.... Thank you to you as well. I originally liked your ideas and was grateful that you shared them. Then I noticed that under your name it says.... Temporary Ban that cannot be a good thing? Can it? I then went further and read BearLove's next reply. Who is she/he talking to, you or me? I did leave a brief intro about myself. I was slightly disappointed that only 1 person replied. Such is Life?
and finally.... One thing I do know about the Internet is that humor does not always come across the way it was intended. Therefore using LOL or LMAO or LMFAO is so very important.

hi allmightyme

you've only been a member for about 2 weeks. like any community - irl or online - it can take a little while to get a grip on the zeitgeist, the rules both formal and informal and the other personalities. my advice would be to read the blua: http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)

then read the guidelines for the forums in which you're participating.

if you're not comfortable, consider lurking for a little while to see how others interact.

welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

Allmightyme

Zeitgeist is a very important word and in case you don't know what it means, cuz not everyone has that in their vocab (I didn't) it means "the general beliefs, ideas, and spirit of a time and place".
But just by posting here, I think that is a step in the right direction. It shows you are trying to be self aware and figure things out. I am sure you will do fine. Welcome to Bluelight.

Perfection

Thank you so much JackiePeyton.
I didn't even know I didn't even know I didn't know what that meant (zeitgeist)
I need much more help than I ever imagined.

Last edited:
Just like any place in life, you will find who is more helpful and who is not. you will do fine.