• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos i think i need heavy doses of benzos daily to function.

kushblowin

Bluelighter
ive mostly smoked weed and ive been sober for awhile too and even after that mostly just weed. i started xanax to get fucked up hearing about it and it was fun but i didnt like the black out and how easy it was to blackout and i mixed it with alcohol. i dont even like that anymore it just makes me do stupid shit, and its not enjoyable at all. ive just been taking xanax myself responsibly and it completely helps with everything in mild doses using it for its actual purpose but i dont know how i'd get be able to do that.. im like an opposite person when have a bunch of xanax and weed i turn into a better person. im nicer, i take care of my responsibilities, i try going to be social, i talk to more people, i dont stress about the things that drive my crazy 24/7, i can just relax and breathe and enjoy things around me, i shower more, clean, take care of myself

my anxiety has gotten so bad over the years i legit just lay in bed and dont do anything at all. i sometimes have days i try to go out and do something but its not long, i usually just lock myself inside not showering or doing anything. i honestly dont want just xanax i want something more mild to help control general anxiety not something strong and fast acting because ive tried it before and its perfect for just handling anxiety without getting fucked up. ive just been taking xanax in low doses daily and any time i feel my feet getting heavy i just stop and i only take enough to get over my depression and anxiety. and i think weed balances it out where it kills any cravings for xans and stops me from doing dumb shit.

i went for years sober or just smoking weed and its just so awful i have anxiety just going to a store or outside, i cant do anything i could barely get out of bed most the time and i stopped taking care of my hygeine and haircuts but ive just been taking xanax low doses and smoking weed and ive been more outgoing, i dont feel like im a constant panic anymore, ive been able to talk to people, ive been taking care of myself better brushing my teeth, showering, thinking about getting my haircut, going back outside,, feeling relaxed for once. it was so bad before i just laid in bed most the day and just thought everything was pointless and was living in a mess not showering and gave up on talking to anyone or trying anything. i would pick anything and just quit after 15 minutes and lost all interest, i was literally just laying in bed waiting for death. i used to drink for my anxiety but it was awful i couldnt stop drinking, and turned into an alcoholic and doing dumb shit drunk, and never putting down a drink but with xanax i just take a quarter and forget about it

is it even possible to go a lifetime of having a xanax prescription for actual anxiety? i heard it used to be easy but now its basically impossible and most people just try to ween you off. i just want to have a full legal bottle and be able to have enough to actually treat my anxiety. and im in america with no health insurance i talked to a doctor about it before he gave me buspar and hydroxyzine which did nothing and then another doctor told me they would give me ativan but i lost my insurance. i tried kratom and its like a hit or miss it helps 20% but never really actually breaks the barrier of anxiety.

Xanax is not a sustainable long term solution to anxiety, sorry to say. If you must use it, leave a couple days inbetween each use to avoid withdrawal. Even doing this its possible to get rebound anxiety.

I'm a bit of hypocrite as I'm on it right now :p Maybe it would be worth talking to your doctors and trying some other meds, sometimes antidepressants can be work for this purpose. The problem is... the word we use for anxiety can have so many meanings so it can take a while to find the right meds. Benzos is like going nuclear on your anxiety, they should be the very last resort, and if that is the route you go down, klonopin may be better. Don't forget to try kava, you can even use it conjunction with kratom and is much safer. It has a reverse tolerance so you may have to use it a few times to get the effects.

A lot of my anxiety perished when I stopped smoking weed everyday. Same with benzos. While they helped me on an off for six years, I have way less anxiety now that I don't do 100 K-pins a month.

Meditation and exercise are your best weapons, IMO, against anxiety. It's not what you want to hear probably.

as
ive mostly smoked weed and ive been sober for awhile too and even after that mostly just weed. i started xanax to get fucked up hearing about it and it was fun but i didnt like the black out and how easy it was to blackout and i mixed it with alcohol. i dont even like that anymore it just makes me do stupid shit, and its not enjoyable at all. ive just been taking xanax myself responsibly and it completely helps with everything in mild doses using it for its actual purpose but i dont know how i'd get be able to do that.. im like an opposite person when have a bunch of xanax and weed i turn into a better person. im nicer, i take care of my responsibilities, i try going to be social, i talk to more people, i dont stress about the things that drive my crazy 24/7, i can just relax and breathe and enjoy things around me, i shower more, clean, take care of myself

my anxiety has gotten so bad over the years i legit just lay in bed and dont do anything at all. i sometimes have days i try to go out and do something but its not long, i usually just lock myself inside not showering or doing anything. i honestly dont want just xanax i want something more mild to help control general anxiety not something strong and fast acting because ive tried it before and its perfect for just handling anxiety without getting fucked up. ive just been taking xanax in low doses daily and any time i feel my feet getting heavy i just stop and i only take enough to get over my depression and anxiety. and i think weed balances it out where it kills any cravings for xans and stops me from doing dumb shit.

i went for years sober or just smoking weed and its just so awful i have anxiety just going to a store or outside, i cant do anything i could barely get out of bed most the time and i stopped taking care of my hygeine and haircuts but ive just been taking xanax low doses and smoking weed and ive been more outgoing, i dont feel like im a constant panic anymore, ive been able to talk to people, ive been taking care of myself better brushing my teeth, showering, thinking about getting my haircut, going back outside,, feeling relaxed for once. it was so bad before i just laid in bed most the day and just thought everything was pointless and was living in a mess not showering and gave up on talking to anyone or trying anything. i would pick anything and just quit after 15 minutes and lost all interest, i was literally just laying in bed waiting for death. i used to drink for my anxiety but it was awful i couldnt stop drinking, and turned into an alcoholic and doing dumb shit drunk, and never putting down a drink but with xanax i just take a quarter and forget about it

is it even possible to go a lifetime of having a xanax prescription for actual anxiety? i heard it used to be easy but now its basically impossible and most people just try to ween you off. i just want to have a full legal bottle and be able to have enough to actually treat my anxiety. and im in america with no health insurance i talked to a doctor about it before he gave me buspar and hydroxyzine which did nothing and then another doctor told me they would give me ativan but i lost my insurance. i tried kratom and its like a hit or miss it helps 20% but never really actually breaks the barrier of anxiety.
the rest said, this does not work. your receptors will just get progressively disregulated until you have terrible anxiety and seizures all the time. It makes any anxiety symptoms far, far worse in the long haul - and no dr.s will prescribe them in this way any longer (because they know it does not work)

is it even possible to go a lifetime of having a xanax prescription for actual anxiety?
these days doctors are well aware of the problems that long term benzo usage can cause so in almost all modern medical practice they are only prescribed for short term usage (2 weeks or less) to help you get established with a more sustainable form of therapy. one of the prescribing instructions is also to avoid benzodiazepines in people who have had a substance/alcohol use disorder.

the reality is they will not remain effective at the same dose forever. also there is the matter of the rebound - because benzos do not actually help you deal with anxiety, they only chemically block it, as soon as they wear off your anxiety will most likely only get worse. I know it sounds cheezy but you need to seriously consider developing some life skills to help you deal with anxiety rather than hoping for a medication to magically fix it.

another doctor told me they would give me ativan but i lost my insurance
Can you not pay out of pocket to get a generic?