• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Poetry I Taste and Quicksilver (Memory)

Hannah Capps

Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So
(This poem was written in 2016 in regards to the complex mess of self harm, autism, being a Christian who's been shunned from my own tribe because the scars scare people away etc.)

I Taste

Palms that sing to touch, kisses sting too much.
Fire on my lips, holy ghost spit, holy hunger split.
Eyelids heavy yet can’t sleep.
Hunger hurt can’t keep.
1/3 cup of sugar makes a blue face.
1/2 teaspoon of high half-baked.
Tears taste like salt,
Mine a scarlet fault.
Haunting “XO” kiss hug,
Recall warm womb of blood.
I can still trace the scars that killed me,
Can still be tempted by the shrill need.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This poem was written after I saw avengers age of Ultron in 2015)

Quicksilver (Memory)

Flash of wit - smart ass smirk.

"Catch up old man,"

Tender dirt.

His spirit of - selfless love,

Pace to save, so they might hug.

How it felt? Careless asked,

Like ruptured-panic-heart attack.

"Was this as Shield was meant to be?"

Echo's in, the in-between.

Buoyant sunshine-silver white,

Forever in eternal flight.

Beautiful, both of them. "Quicksilver" is amazing and I especially loved this;
How it felt? Careless asked,

Like ruptured-panic-heart attack.

"Was this as Shield was meant to be?"

Echo's in, the in-between.

Buoyant sunshine-silver white,

Forever in eternal flight.

Palms that sing to touch, kisses sting too much.
Fire on my lips, holy ghost spit, holy hunger split.
.....kisses sting way too much
..... wholely hunger split

what do you think?
i love your work, i just for once had a possible suggestion?

abstract words/ concepts can be difficult for me to understand exactly what you mean when vague.. have to have your perspective..
but thats a me thing...
dont ever change a thing if it doesnt express you, and what you represent
its perfect without my opinions. great work.

To clarify Fix, what this portion means for me is summed up when Jesus took His spit and made it into mud in order that the blind man might see. Note however Jesus had to lead the blind man out of the city in order for him to fully see. For my faith God gently reminds me 'Hannah have another thought my love, because I love you so much more thoughts of life for you then sands on the sea shore.'

This past year I have missed going to church in total freedom to express my faith and thankfulness to God. It isn't anything that will ever be a 'new normal'

A way to describe worship to God, He inhabits the praises of His people. Think of the Throne of God being a lawn chair that He uses to sit back, relax, and enjoy the prescience of His kids. (this was a word picture that He gave me, and it made me laugh) :ROFLMAO:

There is a proverb that goes, laughter does good to the bones and marrow, and now science has proven it.

When I sing, (God has gifted me with a voice) I am so very overwhelmed by Who God is and how much He loves me. It's the only way that I knew how to describe the painful process of lifting of a sacrifice of praise to God even when and especially when the shoe drops.

In the Bible you'll find in the book of Isaiah chapter 6 when he was at his wits end.

In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphim. Each one had six wings. With two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. One cried to another and said:

“Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of Hosts;
the whole earth is full of His glory.”

The posts of the door moved at the voice of him who cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

I said: “Woe is me! For I am undone because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips. For my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of Hosts.”

Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar in his hand. And he laid it on my mouth, and said, “This has touched your lips, and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin purged.”

Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?”

Then I said, “Here am I. Send me.” Isaiah Chapter 6 Verses 1-8

This account of Isaiah is the best way I can define what I feel and experience when I live for God, when I decide to help others (not for earthly praise) Just like Jesus said to Peter who denied Jesus three times, Jesus said do you love me peter? and three times peter said yes Lord you know I love you with all that I am. And the response of Jesus blew Peter's sandals off and my socks off. Jesus said, then feed my lambs three times each time restoring peter for the three times that he denied Jesus.

Nothing new under the sun, and my heart echo's Isaiah's in "Here I am Lord, send me."

When Jesus returns to the earth He asked, "Will I find anyone faithful and on fire for Me?"