• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

I take my first Vivitrol shot in a few hours, but I did heroin less then 12 hours ago

sick with it

Greenlighter
Hey guys I did something stupid, maybe?

I am scheduled to take my first Vivitol shot in a few hours. But I did 5-6 shots of heroin yesterday. Before that I was clean for 3+ weeks. So I only have one days worth of heroin in my system. Basically I quit a few weeks ahead of time like I was supposed to. But when 'the day before the shot' came I basically panicked and decided I wanted to get high one last time. I did around .3ish if I had to guess. Also, I don't know if this is relevant but I am 98% sure that what I did yesterday was Fentanyl. I don't know if that means anything in regards to half-life, etc.

So is that going to be an issue? I know all about precipitated withdrawal, but my understanding was that it would only put you in WD if you were going to WD in the first place if you had stopped taking Opiates then, and that it basically just condensed your 5-6 days of WD in to a hellish 6-12 hours.

So since I wouldn't come anywhere close to withdrawing in a vacuum based off of the few shots I did yesterday I figured that it wouldn't be that big of a deal. And that basically anything I had in my system that was still making me feel well would be gone, but that I wouldn't go into full fledged WD either.

How accurate was my take on it? Will I be fine, or did I really fuck up and it's going to hit me like a bus running me over at 100mph?

Thanks for your help.

Just curious on a side note , I have no real input into your question I never had experience with Vivitrol, but when you quit for 3 weeks and did the 5 shots yesterday , was it worth it? Not like in terms of putting yourself down and not worth the trouble. I mean was it worth the high did it even feel good , like better than when addicted ? Do you feel it's pointless to do it even if you could control it cause the high is whatwver ? I'm just curious cause most cases people regret relapsing for a few shots that they aren't even fun

Yeah your last sentence basically nailed it. I pretty much instantly regretted it.

That being said, I am ready for this. It's not something I'm being dragged kicking and screaming to. I want this. I know that sounds like I'm contradicting myself, because if I was ready to quit then why the hell did I take more! And that's kind of where being an addict kicks in. I think I just wanted one more 'last hurrah' type thing to send it off proper. Was it worth it? I don't know. If that last time keeps my mind from wandering in the future and helps me stay true to my resolve, then maybe it was.

In regards to the high, this was some really really weird shit. I think it is some kind of Fent Analogue. It is absurdly strong, but also really weird. Weird in that it makes me do stuff that I usually wouldn't do, similar to being on a benzo. If I do a strong shot there is this initial 30-45 minute period of time where it was almost like a blackout, and I would do shit that I would never do on normal heroin.

For instance, last night I did a bigish shot around 4am. What I usually would of done/wanted to do pre-shot was just chill on the couch with my laptop, maybe play some video games, etc. What I ended up doing was - I threw some clothes on, got in my car, and apparently was on my way somewhere. I snapped out of the blackout/rush and had no idea what I was doing, or why I was driving. First off I was in no condition to drive, second off I have no idea why I was driving or where I wanted to go, I wasn't wearing any shoes, I was screaming/singing songs I was making up on the fly. It was all very bizarre and not representative of my usual high self. And after I snapped out of that part of the high, it was instantly like a normal high then. I immediately turned around, and went home. When I got home I cleaned up a little bit and played on my computer, etc.

There are a couple other examples, but I'll spare you. This is a very odd/bizarre batch of Heroin/Fent/Analogue.

So the experience was much more weird/meh then fun/warm blanket/content

To answer one of your questions at the end though - If I could control my actions 100%, then I would have no problem doing heroin once a month or so. The issue is that with me it doesn't work like that. It ends up consuming too much of my life, and doesn't allow me to grow and progress in other parts of my life like I want. And it puts relationships that I value more than anything in this world at risk. Enter Vivitrol.

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, but you will probably feel really sick after getting the shot. For a few hours at least. Luckily you didn't have a habit before yesterday but an antagonist removing an agonist will never go over well under any circumstance.

I just got out of detox and they used methadone to detox me how long should I wait to get the vivitrol shot? I need it so bad