• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I switched from subutex to methadone and now back to subutex...I really need help guy

subssavedmylife

Greenlighter
Hey all. First all I'm a brand new member, and have no idea where this should be posted! but i am avid reader of this site and have used it hundreds of times to help find out about new opiates and then how to kick them, and can't thank you all enough for your advice and for even making me lmao a few times when I was sick lol. Eventually i got on subutex, I was on it over a year, very stable and absolutely loved the way it helped me, BUT It never really helped me AT all with pain, and recently after an accident I found out I had fractures in my lower spine and my NEW pain management doctor suggested I now start taking methadone for PAIN management. I started out at 70 MG daily. I took this dose for almost a full month, then thought i could cut it in hald to 30 MG of done , 1 day, before stopping done all together( my last dose was friday, last week and it is now Wednesday night)...then I took subutex 36 hours later after Friday night (omg...worst experience of my life I didn't eat or sleep for 3 days because my doctor told me to just keep taking more subutex til I felt better...after 2 days and 64 MG of subutex I still felt worse) and it was the most horrible experience of my life...72 hours after my last dose of methadone, my doctor gave me lortab to take away the withdrawal but he wrote me for 40, 10 MG pills and it took them all in 2 days to make me feel better. I took my last lortab last night at 2 a.m almost 24 hours ago and I feel no withdrawal hardly at all...my main question is, I know I need to be at a 26 on the COWS sheet to induct myself again, but will 6 days of no methadone use and 36 hours of no fast acting opiods either, still cause me to get precipitated withdrawal? I'm truly so scared of that to happen again, and really can't figure out why I'm not sick yet. ..is it because I still have so much subutex left on the receptors from takin 64 MG 52 hours ago? Or is it safe to say I may he able to just endure a very slight withdrawal for a while so I do not need to take subutex or anything ever again? (I realize the second part sounds very far fetched but I'm just confused as to why I haven't had a lortab in almost 24 hours or any opiate at all, no methadone for 6 days and yet...no withdrawal yet...can someone please help me with this...I refuse to do methadone again because of the way it tore my brother and father apart after only a year of use, I wanna be stable again and hope if I do need to take my subutex, that I can take it again soon so I'm not tempted to fill a void. Do I need to just tough it out another day or 2 and wait for withdrawals or is it safe to dose now? Thanks everybody on advance and look forward to being able to help those in need with what I do best as well.

I guess I forgot to add a few things..I'm still not sure also if I need to use SWIM or not as there is nothing illegal about my situation or questions that I know of? Could use help with that as well. As I said it's been almost 24 hours since my last dose of lortab, and 6 days since my last dose of methadone. Is the reason for lack of withdrawal because of the amount of medicine still in my system since I took such a large amount of subutex? (I'm not sure how it works, when subutex through me into precipitated withdrawal, did it remove ALL methadone and is that why I was so sick for 4 days almost dying, or did it only remove some? or simply could the small amount of withdrawal I currently AM feeling ( I was able to sleep 4 hour's earlier and just have slight stomach cramps and goose bumps on and off...that's literally it AND By NOW I'd Usually Be Half Dead and Begging for something now! And yet I'm barely sick at all. I guess I'm wondering could it just be my body lacking the feeling of being high and I'm past the worst of it, and can not take anything at all anymore (I wish) or am I just gonna feel awful later rather than now and suffer with aanticipaion? Lol thank you all for your help in advance!

really, still no reply?

Still no reply? Almost 24 hours since my first post and I'm still really confused. Can anyone help me figure this out please :\ thanks guys and gals!!

If you take subutex with any methadone in your system it will send you into immediate WD's. So every time you were taking another one it just made the WD's worse. I know from experience

my girlfriend was on 130mg per day of methadone for only 6 months and she took a subutex and it sent he into immediate wd. She had diarrhea and threw up immediately. She also had all the other effects of WD's to the max. Finally at 5 am she went to the methadone clinic and dosed and started to feel normal a few hours later. Eventually she went cold turkey off methadone and she wd bad for about a week. Then she got on suboxone. 1 8mg twice a day. That was able to remedy her residual WD feelings.

After 6 days you should be able take subutex to help get through it.

I believe those lortabs are still helping to keep you from having WD's. Taking 64mg of subutex is a lot. I'm not sure how long it will stay in your system but when I took 8 mg it could last up to two days before I woukd wd.

I was addicted to opiates for about 4 years. I tried many times to get off them but it would only last 2 or 3 days. The only way I got off them was eventually going to prison. And after the first 3 or 4 days the WD's started to go away but the residual effects took about 2 or 3 months. The residual effects I'm talking about are the lack of energy and depression. But I say try to tough it out if you can. I took Xanax to help getting anxiety from not so much getting WD's but the fear of getting them.

Last edited:
Thanks jailbirdc. I appreciate your response. It still kind of blows my mind cause typically after 36 hours from my last lortab od be seriously sixk begging for anything, amd figured maybe I had subutex, or methadone still in my system keeping me from my withdrawal. Going to tough it out til Sunday morning and induct myself again. Gives me a full 8 days of no methadone whatsoever and I truly hope it works this time...I mean with minimal withdraw swim could get some xanax and bud and possibly lopermide to get through, but I was also thinking is it even sage to start the subutex again? I don't want to start it and get sick again, but I also don't wanna go score some heroine ti feel better cause we all know where that leads us back too. Today my doctor was cool enough to give me a script for 40 oxy 5 mg amd that will last me til Saturday night, then I'll start subutex again Sunday night hopefully.

Ok everybody. So it's been 8 days since my last dose of methadone. I'm wondering if I should just take the rest of my oxys and wait for withdrawal to set in tomorrow and induct as otherwise tomorrow may he pretty rough with only half the pulls I would normally need to be comfortable all day. Any advice on what to do next? Should I just take half tomorrow what I took today and tough it out? Or take it all today and wait til tomorrow to start subs again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Well I figured I would tough it out. Took my last oxy last night (Friday ) at 1030 p.m. at 6 p.m I took my first dose if subutex at 2 Mg, felt better immediately, took my total of 8. MG and I feel like I'm on a full blown agonist. I feel amazing and back to normal. It doesn't get me high, it makes me feel like I'm 15 again, before I ever started the drugs. Subutex truly did save my life and I believe now that I've figured out how to switch from methadone to subutex safely id love to help other's m I feel normal and stabilized again and I appreciate all your help as well. If anyone needs help with these types of things or anything else please let me know. I am vice president of a company who treat severe illnesses such as cancer and epilepsy using cannabis and cbd oils, we have a compassion program and offer free oils to those who are both severely ill and need financial assistance as well. Feel free to email me anytime if you need help and get a gold of my on here. Thanks again guys

Super old post but I switched from subutex to methadone after 10 years then after 1.5 years on methadone went back to
subutex but stopped methadone for month by using short acting opiates and transferred without issue at 4mg. I really wanted to stop maintainence but after 2 weeks without anything couldnt handle the PAWS, So now going to try a 2-3 week taper off 4mg

Methadone's a tough one I hear. Makes me scared to get into it. I was hooked on h and Suboxone was always my go to whenever I tried to get" clean" some people feel like they have no choice cause subs aren't working for them so they go to methadone but sometimes Suboxone induction takes more time than others cause of how big of a habit they have. Sucks. I went through it just recently. You just have to get enough subs in your system and eventually it'll work.