• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants I stopped taking Ritalin after a year and a half & now I'm really fucking depressed.

lalapanda

Bluelighter
I stopped taking Ritalin after a year and a half & now I'm really fucking depressed.

It literally did nothing good for me, ( i was a fucking zombie!) and All the side effects, I thought were normal like, everything here...

Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: numbness/pain/skin color change/sensitivity to temperature in the fingers or toes, fast/pounding/irregular heartbeat, mental/mood/behavior changes (such as agitation, aggression, mood swings, abnormal thoughts, thoughts of suicide), uncontrolled muscle movements (such as twitching, shaking), sudden outbursts of words/sounds that are hard to control, vision changes (such as blurred vision).
Yes, literally I had ALL those side effects.

Definitely were not, It scared me. I've been off it for a few weeks and originally I felt alive for the first time in so long..Until a few days ago. (Yes, all my ADD symptoms came back, but it's better than feeling like a bitchy zombie.)

However lately I've been feeling so depressed, like no one cares. I just feel like killing myself, and be done with this shit fest. I feel so fucking And I hate it.
Has this happened to anyone else?​

I took Ritalin for 9 years or so, never daily, and did not get any of those side-effects, become or feel like a zombie, or feel depressed. Talk to your doctor about this, and how you are depressed.

I know people who Ritalin stopped working for, and they tried other medications that did work.

DO NOT kill yourself. If you are suicidal talk to someone about it like a friend, family member, or therapist or counselor. Good luck.

If you stimulate your mind in some way there are always going to be downsides.
For every high there's a low point; and you have to learn to accept that.
It's completely natural, kick and scream but it's the way it's gonna be.
Try to vent, talk, cry; but don't bury it deep inside.

If you stimulate your mind in some way there are always going to be downsides.
For every high there's a low point; and you have to learn to accept that.
It's completely natural, kick and scream but it's the way it's gonna be.
Try to vent, talk, cry; but don't bury it deep inside.

I try to vent but my S.O doesnt want to hear it. I guess I'm annoying or something, same with crying he used to feel bad but it's basically gotten to the point where he tells me basically to shut up.

The solution is really, really simple, buddy. Simply stick to a vigorous exercise routine, eat a healthy diet, abstain from drugs and alcohol and give it time. I can personally guarantee if you stick to those suggestions religiously for a couple of months you'll feel much, much better. If you don't want to put time or effort into your recovery, then get used to how you're feeling now because there is no sustainable quick-fix.

The solution is really, really simple, buddy. Simply stick to a vigorous exercise routine, eat a healthy diet, abstain from drugs and alcohol and give it time. I can personally guarantee if you stick to those suggestions religiously for a couple of months you'll feel much, much better. If you don't want to put time or effort into your recovery, then get used to how you're feeling now because there is no sustainable quick-fix.
This is dead on. You're feeling awful because your brain's adapting to an environment where it's no longer being flooded with dopamine. A healthy lifestyle, focusing on getting natural dopamine "highs", and some time away from drugs will have you feeling better.

Also, if you really DID feel that you were suffering from literally ALL those side effects, you've almost certainly got some hypochondriasis going on. Try to relax a bit.

I try to vent but my S.O doesnt want to hear it. I guess I'm annoying or something, same with crying he used to feel bad but it's basically gotten to the point where he tells me basically to shut up.

Well, it can be very tough for someone to live with a depressed person. Not everyone can handle it or understand it. Then again, he may also just be an asshole. Only you can decide.

All that said, the best person to speak to would be a good psychologist that you trust and have a good relationship with. Highly suggest you find one if you don't have one yet.

@ lalapanda

How much were you taking daily?

Do you have a pdoc? You should definitely see a doctor and discuss your problems with him.
Keep in mind that you're feeling so depressed right now because you're off the ritalin.
Once you fix this problem you'll likely feel better!
You will probably have to find a substitute for ritalin if you don't want to take it anymore.
You could try other stims like wellbutrin, strattera, dexedrine.

If you have adhd then you should be on a medication for it otherwise it comes back and you'll be impaired again and also feel bad.
Maybe you were also on too much ritalin. I have been taking ritalin and not gotten any serious side effect.

talk to a doctor, therapist, counselor, something.

Start taking 5-htp, omega 3 tuna oil, vitamins, and eating healthy, and exercising and keep this regimen up for at least a few months to a year

Also consult a doctor or therapist, dont kill yourself please i care about you message me if you need someone to talk to.