• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I stopped smoking pot and hash and oil in 2010 pretty much because of anxiety

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
Anxiety, tachycardia (real not imagined, up to 150 sometimes), chest pain etc, stopped in mid 2011. I stopped smoking cigarettes in 2014, smoked them for 9 years, until they became so expensive the last 2 years I mostly was buying tubes and using rolling machine, with quality tobacco, not 100% More and such which is just swollen tobacco, it was export A that came in a metal Can, not the Export A in plastic tubes that rolls 100% more. Anyway I stopped that and started vaping, 1 year later I stopped having chest pain bouts that would come and go. I hear it takes 3 years for the cial or whatever the name of the hairs that are along the respiratory tract to help you clean up your lungs. I smoked weed everyday pretty much from 2001 to mid 2011.

The main common high quality strain here is m-39, you can check it up yourself, maybe it's because it's more of a indica, I think even a pure indica strain, or 80%, the site isn't saying, but leafly has a lot of other info including pictures. It's very difficult to grow even hydroponically, but those who master it, and grow it right, man, this dank has been the most common weed in QC and I would say all of the maritimes + newfoundland at the same time. I got a lot of benzo scripts now. Once I bought some flubromazepam and the guy was so cool he gave me a ton of free stuff, including 3 flavours of damiana spread with AB-FUBINICA, after figuring out it is actually not a nightmare of a cannabinoid since it made it to stage 3 testings at Pfizer as a painkiller (I understand why they stopped it though, it wasn't very physical at all). I took tiny hits in my old pipe and it was fine, once I took too much and panic attack. I smoked 0.1 split in 4 tiny balls of likely m-39 and tachycardia+panic attack if I smoked more than 0.025g of it at once in my pipe's bowl.

Is weed ruined for life for me ? It used to bring back LSD-iness to everything, I'm not fried, but I had about 250 trips in my life at different doses with LSD. I dealt with it in parties, if alcohol was present I never had anxiety and weed felt amazing then. Everytime I had a hit off a joint at a party since if drunk (before I got on Suboxone, can't drink anymore, makes me pass the hell out and in unpleasant way, more than 2 drinks will do that), it was awesome like old times but I kept it at the offered hit.

I didn't have a hit in 3 years though, my ORT clinic doesn't care about weed and hey its becoming fully legal in july 2018 here so cops have actual work to do...they already stopped caring about weed a lot, especially in Quebec, BC and Ontario. The centre of the world in Canada, the rest is just prairies or fishing towns (I love Halifax though, as big as Quebec City and people there are cool, it's the exception, New Brunswick is boring as hell. never been to P_A's rock though, I oughta sometimes (NF), a ferry is needed and it's long, the best way is with a plane. One day the 138 will get to the last villages on the northern coast of Quebec and some bridge will be built to go there, someday, still too much animosity between QC and Newfoundland.

Anyway, weed anxiety, does it ever go away even after a long time of taking care of oneself and stopping a lot of bad habits (cigs + weed really fucked my voice, I used to sing in a thrashcore/hardcore punk band in the early 2000's, I can't sing like I used to.

Nobody here managed to stop weed because of the panic attack it would bring them, often even learning to hide them inside so to appear alright if just maybe a little higher than others, got rid of weed because it wasn't fun anymore at all. Took a medium to long break and the magic was back? Nobody?

I've had repetitive panic attacks for the last 40+ years; the vast majority of them *not* caused by Cannabis; if by panic attacks you mean sweating, hyperventilating, the shakes, possible diarrhea, an urgent need to flee? And yes, tachycardia, vomiting, etc Just had a bad panic attack at work ~4 weeks ago and just left and went home without explanation (working there for over 27 years so I'm ok).

Periodically, weed would cause panic attacks, severe anxiety or a feeling of derealization/depersonalization; the end results though are pretty similar to one of my 'normal' attacks. When weed would cause such an event, I'd stop cold turkey. Wasn't much of a problem since during this 'panic prone' consumption period, I was smoking perhaps once or twice a month.

This sporadic, episodic use, panic and cessation lasted from ~1984 until September/2009 at which point I discovered just how useful it was for arthritis. And I started smoking again, once a day at first, and now 7.5 years later multiple times per day.

I still get uncomfortably high every now and then, but the benefit I derive from weed far, far outweighs the effect a panic attack causes me. So I put up with the unknown, and for the most part (say 90%) I enjoy smoking.

Tom

CBD counteracts the short term memory problems quite a lot

Is weed ruined for life for me ? It used to bring back LSD-iness to everything, I'm not fried, but I had about 250 trips in my life at different doses with LSD. I dealt with it in parties, if alcohol was present I never had anxiety and weed felt amazing then. Everytime I had a hit off a joint at a party since if drunk (before I got on Suboxone, can't drink anymore, makes me pass the hell out and in unpleasant way, more than 2 drinks will do that), it was awesome like old times but I kept it at the offered hit.

That seems pretty significant, IME LSD changes everything about perception of life and reality independent of cannabis use. Herb is also strongly hallucinogenic, so the stress can be a response either to mood or trauma. It's like LSD in the way you can be convinced that something that isn't real is for sure real (i.e. sudden tachycardia). I've had intense trips on edibles where I literally couldn't trust my own measure of anything. I couldn't measure my own pulse, it was futile, everything felt real and concrete but my senses were being totally fucked with, similar to LSD.

Try going lower and slower, if you are vaping use just a few crumbs and find the threshold dose where you can feel physiological effects (e.g. muscles relax) without the mental. If the anxiety is rooted in past trauma related to this, then going to the lowest effective dose can help push through that.

I still get uncomfortably high every now and then, but the benefit I derive from weed far, far outweighs the effect a panic attack causes me. So I put up with the unknown, and for the most part (say 90%) I enjoy smoking.

Tom

couldn't have agreed more.

i believe environmental tolerance plays a roll in many panic attacks when it comes to drugs...