• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I snorted 600mg of ritalin in 4 hours and nothing happened.

gooseontheloose

Greenlighter
TL;DR- I snorted 20x 30mg Ritalin pills in 4 hours but didnt feel ANYTHING except jittery as 2 30mg pills usually make me. 3 hours after snorting the last pills i puked once and had the sweats for like less than 20 minutes its been 15 hours since the first dose and that was the last of my symptoms. Why did i feel almost nothing and why am I not dead or dying right now?

OK so this is a story and a question but let me start this off by saying I have literally never done another stimulant or coke in my life and I AM NOT ADDICTED TO RITALIN this was my first ever binge! I have also never taken more than 90mg at once. And also know they were not pressed pills because I have been prescribed it since i was 12, I am 18 now and to be honest I sometimes go weeks or months without taking it and when I say I have literally hundreds of these hidden in a drawer I am not exaggerating. As most of you know last night was cinco de mayo and i thought why not honor mexico like a real mexican and snort some coke but i was too lazy to go buy some so i thought "hey ill try snorting ritalin for the first time that cant be bad ive done it on and off for years." So I packed a knife a cutting board (to crush the pills because I have literally only snorted a smartie in 5th grade so i dont have a pill crusher ok) and of course a bag of Ritalin from my drawer (it had 30x 30mg Ritalin xrs and 30x 20mg, in case i wanted to do lower dose lines). My bag is packed and off went to my favorite weed smoking spot from high school (I am in college now) and I find my table setup all my shit, and grab 3 30mg Xrs(for the rest of the story ill just say pills because i never used the 20mgs) and crush them into two fat lines and at exactly 12:01am i snort both in succession, instantly i got the usual annoying trembles that ritalin usually gives me so surprise there. At 12:15 I take out two more pills crush them and snort them again and literally i felt nothing except for the need to walk around, which was conveinent since i nicki was calling me so i walked to the gas station to go get a pack of cigarettes, Camel Turkish Golds of course, and when i got back to the spot it was 12:45 and I snorted 3 more pills in individual lines, waited about 30 minutes and snorted 3 more pills to save you the reading after a couple hours I ended up snorting what i think was 18 pills it may be more. It is now 4am and at this point the only symptom i felt was the need to walk around since there is no way im sleeping for the next 3 weeks so I decided to go to my favorite place on earth to watch the sunrise, my old neighbors japanese garden, listen this guy is a millionaire and this garden is the most beautiful place on earth. I got there and immediately snorted 2 more pills for a total of 20 pills then sat down and watched that beautiful sun rise behind his beautiful fucking japaese tea house. Then I was walking home when out of nowhere I puked, slight gagging for maybe 3 seconds yet no coughing, no 30 minute feeling of pain in my abdomen, nothing. Then I immediately started to sweat and i mean when I got home my mom asked if I was hosed down or if it was raining out. It is now 3pm (15 hours later) and im perfectly fine i feel perfectly normal.

Also: I am also wondering how I did not die since i have a weak heart that is literally in the wrong spot meaning it has to word twice as hard as a normal one to exercise and i also have a weak aorta.

So your pill is only a couple percent active ingredient with tons of inactive filler that will clog the mucus membranes that absorb substances very quickly. After the 2nd pill nothing more is going to stick. Another problem that is concerning is that 600mg of Ritalin with a heart defect is beyond risky. It's tempting fate and stressing it beyond normal circumstances.

If you were to eat your pill or two the response would be greater than snorting, but with a bum ticker 30x30mg is dangerous and a waste. The weak aorta aspect is even more troubling.

Last edited:
Hi there, welcome to Bluelight :)

Glad you didn't suffer too many unpleasant side-effects from taking such an unwise quantity of ritalin.

Were you trying to kill yourself?

I can assure you suicide was not the goal in any way it just sort of happened and i COMPLETELY FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART I ALSO NEVER DRINK but was drinking last night too and a lot, I will update the thread.

Generally speaking: ritalin is a stimulant, alcohol is a depressant. The two will tend to blunt each other. This is one reason so many people take cocaine when drinking a lot of alcohol - they take longer to get 'drunk'.

Please don't do this again though. If you weren't trying to kill yourself, you were still doing something dangerous, especially if you know that you already have an aortic dilatation or something similar.

So your pill is only a couple percent active ingredient with tons of inactive filler that will clog the mucus membranes that absorb substances very quickly. After the 2nd pill nothing more is going to stick. Another problem that is concerning is that 600mg of Ritalin with a heart defect is beyond risky. It's tempting fate and stressing it beyond normal circumstances.

If you were to eat your pill or two the response would be greater than snorting, but with a bum ticker 30x30mg is dangerous and a waste. The weak aorta aspect is even more troubling.

I understand this was a sarcastic jab but could you please elaborate on what that means in relation to my post, could you please explain because now i am genuinely interested.

Generally speaking: ritalin is a stimulant, alcohol is a depressant. The two will tend to blunt each other. This is one reason so many people take cocaine when drinking a lot of alcohol - they take longer to get 'drunk'.

Please don't do this again though. If you weren't trying to kill yourself, you were still doing something dangerous, especially if you know that you already have an aortic dilatation or something similar.

Thank you for the reply and concern. I am not planning on doing this again it was CLEARLY a terrible mistake, but if i understand correctly you're saying I just got lucky and they cancelled each other out?

I understand this was a sarcastic jab but could you please elaborate on what that means in relation to my post, could you please explain because now i am genuinely interested.

There was nothing sarcastic, just concern. The pill is about 200-300mg total with 30mg homogeneously blended Methylphenidate into it. That means that the few cm3 of mucus membrane in your nasal septum can only hold a small amount of powder then it just falls down through the back of your pharynx / larynx. So after a few pills you were essentially eating them in a very uncomfortable fashion. I urge you to use caution in the future with stimulants, esp if you have a cardiac issue. This is a small sample of overdose symptoms: delirium, hyperthermia, sweating, flushing, headache, tachycardia, heart palpitations, cardiac arrhythmias, hypertension,

You should understand, sir, that methylphenidate is able to rapidly saturate all the transporters you have; such that even a dosage such as you say, notwithstanding the problems mentioned by the previous posters, may already be in excess of that maximum dosage of actual usefulness; in other words, as they say here, you can only get so high with this material. And if I remember correctly from my own personal research, the maximum as typically prescribed is in fact quite close to this physiological realistic maximal dose, and any in addition will be more likely to affect the noradrenaline systems and result in side effects that most people find less pleasant.

Here is hoping to success in your future attempts.

I don't understand a so high dose of methylphenidate does not put you to fly. Amazing