• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I ran out of Klonopin but have Xanax?

jrey

Bluelighter
I'm currently prescribed and taking 2 mg klonopins twice a day. And I am also taking 1 mg xanax 3 times a day. I ran out of klonopins and cant get any until tomorrow. Should I up my xanax dose and take more often just until i get more klonopins? If so, how much xanax should i take and how often? Thanks.

With 4mg of Klonopin and 3mg of Xanax daily, I would double up on my Xanax, and take an extra dose per day (to make up for Xanax's short half life compared to Klonopin) until you get your Konopins back. Then, you can skip a dose (or even skip a half a pill) of Xanax until you catch up and your meds are back at your regular dose. That's what I would do (and have done with various medications with great success).

Depends. What medical conditions are you prescribed them both for?
Are you dependant?

My recommendation would likely be to just wait until tomorrow without increasing your alprazolam. But I would need more info on your specific circumstances before I could make any judgement whatsoever on whether I believe you should take more benzos or not (even though the answer is usually no- especially when you got yourself into the situation in the first place...?).

-PA

I'm currently prescribed and taking 2 mg klonopins twice a day. And I am also taking 1 mg xanax 3 times a day. I ran out of klonopins and cant get any until tomorrow. Should I up my xanax dose and take more often just until i get more klonopins? If so, how much xanax should i take and how often? Thanks.

Youre prescribed that much benzos?! That is not good! You should talk to doctor about lowering your dose all together! Trust me I started selling xanax 1.5 years ago and went from 2 a day to 15 street xannies a day + 4mg scripted klonopin, and when i told doc to take me off kpin, I had to take 25 to 30 xanax 2mg pills a day to keep up with my habit. Benzos are absolutely awful terrible almost impossible to stop. Youll thank yourself now!

Also if it was me I would take more xanax if you had to at bedtime only so you can sleep. I wouldnt try to up your dose all of the sudden, xanax is much shorter acting and stronger peaking, you will fuck your tolerance and schedule up. What happens when you run out of xans early? Eat more klonopin? Then its messed up for good!

Cheers bro