• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids I need to know once and for all.. does adderall speeed up the rate of which methadone metabolizes on one’s body? Specifically one on MMT

Regulat0r10

Bluelighter
As stated in the title, it sounds crazy but based off my own experience in MMT w/ adhd (diagnosed for Ofer 20 years now) and every answer i have received thus far is that it’s just is my mind simply associating said symptoms (glassy/watery eyes, yawn, and runny nose) yet I have no allergies nor do I experience this whenever I don’t take adderall. long story short it’s as if the mdone doesn’t hold and or last as long hence requiring me to take my dose earlier than I would the next day vs when I don’t take Addie’s and at this point I just keep filing scripts and maybe use one pill out of the 60 in a month and clearly not on a daily basis as I’d like. So if my theory is completely false, with science to prove it, can one tell me why this happens?

That aside, I’ve always went with IR since I liked the ability to gauge when the addy will hit and when I can expect to get sleep. As apposed to the XR which I’ve always hated, I’m wondering if anyone can tell me (mmt ptientbpreferred) if they experience the same issue and or have found possibly switching to vyvanse or switching to adderall XR to prevent this from happening to me. Obvi when I take a larger dose of mdone, maybe an addictional 20-25mg I can fully take a 30mg or half and not feel my dose wearing off sooner due to it. I need to once and for all figure out exactly why Addie’s are causing my dose to burn thru quicker since it’s making my taper much more difficult. Also would vyvanse provide the same effects? Eg similar ingredients? Does it provide its own type ofrecrearional / euphoria different than adderall? Eg lack of appetite, energy, perhaps less irritable?

Hey there @Regulat0r10

You ask an interesting question and one that I've heard before a few times. It so happens that I'm pretty well-versed in Methadone on both a personal and scholastic level. I was on Methadone for years. I'm probably one of the world's leading theorists on what one can do to either make Methadone more or less potent, haha. I'm so proud.

Anyway, Methadone is really tricky because it has a highly complex pharmacological/pharmacokinetic process. Unlike many of the other commonly used Opiates/Opioids out there, which are relatively unaffected by these same processes, Methadone metabolism is greatly dependent upon enzymatic activity. You may have heard of the Cytochrome -450 system of enzymes. They play a significant role in the metabolism of ~50% of all pharmaceuticals known.

Amphetamines are also processed in a small way by certain enzymes from this system, but their metabolism is more dependent upon other factors than P450 enzymes. I wouldn't expect there to be a cross-over in this system significant enough to actually put you in withdrawal in a single day.

Even well-known, potent inhibitors of Methadone metabolism like Fluvoxamine (Luvox) will take several days of administration before clinically significant changes in disposition would be noticed in the patient. In other words, it would be a fairly extreme reaction for you to take speed and then immediately be in withdrawal.

I think it's possible that the simple fact that Amphetamines can be depleting to the body could be causing stress that somehow triggers early symptoms of withdrawal. That is really a big shot from the hip from me with no real data to back that up. But that is my best guess here.

Interesting! Yes I’m well aware of c450 and I know the typical OTC’s and supplements that can be used to potentiate opiods and bzds’s although I have found that mdone doesn’t operate the same as standard opiods like oxy, hydro, h4 ect but oddly enough I found that out of all things that potentiate done’ that isn’t as harmful as the typical tagement / otc meds, cats claw has been the most affective, of course 100% grapefruit juice helps to some degree but just like anything if you stop taking them you will find your dose not lasting as long if you do it on a daily basis (in my case Atleast) I would love to hear what you have found to be very effective. And grats on getting off mdone! Are you 100% sober or do u dabble around here and there? So I just hit my 4th year on mdone (unfortunately) since i was not planning on being on such a heavy opiate for so long.. getting monthly take homes make it much difficult to get off although I have been tapering myself off over the last year. I was mostly on 40mg, relapsed for a bit and had to jump on 80 for 2-3 months and now I’m down to 45mg. I’m really happy to hear you managed to get off. It makes me feel like it’s doable but I’m sure it’s going to be one of the most difficult things I’ll ever accomplish.

That being said do you have any reccomendstions or guides that would help address wd symptoms from tapering, most importantly PAWS? Is it safe to assume your PAWS lasted a year + assuming you being on it on a consistent basis for a few years? What dose were you on? I’ve been told that tapering at small doses are the best but I think that would only apply when you hit the 20mg mark? I managed to get to that dose until my psychiatrist fucked things up for me and insisted I tried a bunch of bs meds that didn’t work. I managed to get prescribed clonazepam and xanax ( 2mg twice a day) that said I’ve kicked BZD’s enough to respect the WD’s so I’m not dumb enough to be taking them often if anything I’d only take it a few times a month when I do like a 5-10mg taper till I stabilize but honestly I am just stock piling it till I get down to the single digits. In a couple more months I’ll switch to diazepam so I have all 3 to mess with PRN (CAUTIOUSLY) despite being on mdone and perscribed these BZD’s as well as clonidine , gabapentin, Baclofen, and lyrica, and soma which I haven’t touched yet (just preparing for the final countdown) I’m more of a holistic supplement consumer now and have found so many that have benefited me. I do not plan on jumping from mdone to subs (I think that’s just a waste of time and energy) but with this arsenal i was thinking I’d be okay but I’d like to avoid the pharmas as much as possible and was considering kratom as well a healthy balanced diet (I workout 6 times a week) so I’m pretty fit although the massive drop of testosterone levels due to methadone has prevented me from reaching my full potential and unfortunately I’m not on TRT but was considering it for the single digit range - I just don’t want to risk loosing my nice head of hair.

Sorry for the rant but you get where I’m going. Would you mind taking a moment to share your experiences getting off methadone? I’d assume it’s a lot similar to H paws but due to the insane half-life, i can only imagine it would be dragged out for a year + / depending on the total length I’ve been on the liquid. At any rate I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my thread and much respect for what you and the rest of the BL staff do. If it wasn’t for this site I’d be long gone. RIP captain Heroin.