• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I need to change something and my only options might be methadone or suboxen

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
I should have been more clear I’m already dependent on opiates. I have a hip out of place and I have been on pain medicine for 13years. So I have 2 legitimate issues opiate withdrawal and the fear that surrounds that and legitimate pain control. My insurance is in transition across counties and I am not actually living with my parents in Santa Barbara I’m in riverside which it’s a long trip and I have requested a change of address officially on January 28th.

So, I ended up sucking it up and going to my parents house for a drs appointment since I am still covered by Santa Barbara county med-cal program until they get around to switch me to riverside. By some miracle this dr gave me Percocet. However, the Tylenol in it made my feet swell after day 1 of taking it as prescribed.i used to occasionally have similar reactions to Tylenol but it’s never been so closely linked with starting medicine after a two week gap because of the insurance issues.

I called the dr to ask him if I could get some prednisone to help the swelling in my feet and I was told to try urgent care. I figured it was best not to say what I think causes the swelling over the phone since I don’t want him to think I must have taken too much. Better to explain at the next appointment and maybe bring my mom. The last time I tried to bring up concernsabout Tylenol I was seeking stronger opiates before I could even finish my sentence. I will swear on stacking
Bibles that all I was going to say was do they make Percocet with ibuprofen instead of Tylenol.
I only got as “ I think it’s the Tylenol that causes swelling in my feet so I was just wondering if they make...” I was interrupted and told off.

My last dr never listened when I thought Tylenol causes swelling of my legs and feet. So, right now I am stuck with 2 bad options for my pain control: Percocet which keeps my feet swollen or kratom that causes daily migraine headaches.
I literally don’t get migraines when I’m not on Kratom. But for my feet are so swollen I can’t transfer to my bed or wear shoes so I guess it’s back to Kratom and migraines until my appointment next month.

you might be thinking just go in early and show the new dr my feet. If I was in Santa Barbara I would but I am in Riverside and it’s a long trip. I don’t drive and I can’t wear shoes so how am I supposed to take the train that requires shoes?

if I can’t get him to listen I might have to just tell the methadone clinic what they want to hear because both of the options I have don’t seem to be good for my body. I need a long break from Tylenol. So which addiction option does better with pain control. Like if I were to either tell an mmt or suboxen dr whatever they need to hear and keep my real reason for being there to myself? Thanks

i keep trying to work within the pain control system but my liver issues are subclinical so people don’t listen. And it’s like a circle I take the medicine for legitimate hip pain, the medicine causes swelling which cause more pain in my whole legs which makes it incredibly difficult

Last edited:
Would that show up on urine tests? I was afraid that if they noticed I don’t have Tylenol in my system they would know in doing something that is technically illegal with the pills. They send patients to a stand alone lab and it takes a week for them to have results

If for some strange reason they were testing for tylenol they could technically see that it wasn't in there, highly unlikely though imo they probably test you to make sure you aren't taking other opiates/downers, in that case you could always just swap to the methadone then though. If you wanted to make sure of no problems and especially if you can tolerate occasional tylenol just take some tylenol prior to the test and that should cover worries about it not showing in urine

I might be able to after a long break but this time my feet swelled up hugely after one pill. I got the impression that they looked for whatever they prescribe so they know that you are not selling it or taking it via a route they didn’t prescribe. Isn’t Tylenol supposed to prevent Iv use? Although I cannot write with a pencil and need extra thick handles on spoons and forks so any doctor with a bit of common sense could probably tell that I couldn’t hit a ven to save my life. Trouble is that common sense is in short supply

Not to sure about it preventing IV I just read about an IV formula of tylenol, I would say it prevents oral abuse beyond a certain dose because the tylenol quickly becomes toxic in the amounts you get with 10+ pills, I would just do the extraction with cold water its super easy. Its more than likely you are only going to be tested for the opiate itself (and other abusable drugs) Id say like a 99% chance. Even if you did have a problem you can just tell the truth. Worst case scenario you take tylenol once a month or however often you have a urine test if you are too worried about it.

Also as far as asking for something else usually the best thing is to say what you have now isn't working that great but not to say you want something else. If you mention any specific drug you are pretty much done for so let the doctor come to that conclusion on their own. If they start to get the drug seeking idea maybe you could say something like you would even be willing to have something weaker like codeine or tramadol as long as it didn't have the tylenol.

Last edited: