I need some advice please---1 month into benzo withdrawal

Bedone

Greenlighter
So for a couple years I was addicted to benzos really really bad. I could take 20 mg of clonopin easily and just fuck off and be a dip shit but it has caused some serious issues in life. Now I am recovered heroin addict and have been for 9 years but doc put me on clons for anxiety and i quickly became addicted. Anyways it took 1 YEAR TO TAPER!!! and I did it as proper as I thought a taper should go. But...every now and then up until 2 months ago or so I would pop 15 clonopin 1 mgs maybe twice a month like that on top of my taper so it took much longer to get to where I am now. Anyways, I am about 4 weeks from my last benzo use and withdrawal symptoms are almost gone, but I still have lingering sympotoms or I am hoping that is what it is. It just seems like my heart pounds every so often, a little shortness of breath and have been checked out and is nothing serious but I think it is from the benzo withdrawal. How long do symptoms last? I am sick and tired of feeling this way. Also still have the mental part of it.

Also...since starting withdrawal i can hear my fucking heart beat in my left ear used to be only when I bend over but now it comes and goes all the time left ear hurts just a little bit sometimes.

The physical aspects shouldn't last much longer than 6 months, and will probably progressively decline until unnoticeable. For me they were mostly gone after about a month and unnoticeable after 2. I would guess that the rapid heart beat is related to anxiety, and possibly the shortness of breath could be too.

Exercise and proper nutrition are your friends. Things like running definitely have a noticeable impact on the post-acute withdrawal symptoms, or PAWs. Lowering stress can help with some of the rebound anxiety.

I've heard some of the PAWs can last up to a few years, but some people report recover quicker.

These symptoms are completely normal. They may seem frightening if its your first time getting off them.

As Mafioso said, exercise and proper nutrition is extremely important. During my experiences with the PAWS, exercising like walking a lot or powerlifting kept me somewhat sane.

You will experience all sorts of random 'withdrawal phenomena' as I like to call it. You might start salivating for no reason, you may get bouts of tinnitus etc. Hang in there, workout, get those endorphins and testosterone flowing.