• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I need information about suicide by oxycodone overdose

statued

Greenlighter
Ok, my last thread didnt work so I'm trying a different approach. This is probably against the rules but I really need some information. I don't want to commit suicide, but I've thought about it and I would do it through this method: Huge oxycodone overdose by mouth (300 mg by mouth at once). I need all the facts. How long until death, chance of it working, consequences of surviving etc. DO NOT TELL ME I NEED HELP, I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT. I NEED INFORMATION!

I hope you are joking. This is a harm reduction website and we will not help you kill yourself.

High doses will cause gasping for air, hypoventilation. This is a terrible way to go. A consequence is perminant brain damage. IF you are someone you know is thinking about hurting or killing themselves or others - go to the ER. You will get help.

BTW, I'm from spartanburg, SC - originally. You should move.

Obviously you want help. People who talk about killing themselves dont actually do it. If you really wanted to die, I am sure you're smart enough to figure out how to do it. Whats with all questions about how do i kill myself on bluelight? Come on people... why not just say "i am so depressed... i really need to vent... sometimes i wish i were dead..." just ask people for help instead of trying to get other posters try to "talk" you out if it. Dont mean to be a bitch but enough with the how to posts. If you can figure out how to get onto bluelight and post this i am sure you can figure out how to die if you really wanted to.

oxy od wouldnt the typical peaxeful opiate od. as mick sais it would be unpleasant. get help

Please don't do this to yourself. Worst case scenario yeah, you'd die. But you might survive but end up brain dead from oxygen deprivation. One of my best friends did this.. now I'm thinking maybe if he had reached out like you have he would still be here today.

High doses will cause gasping for air, hypoventilation. This is a terrible way to go. A consequence is perminant brain damage. IF you are someone you know is thinking about hurting or killing themselves or others - go to the ER. You will get help.

If you're suicidal get help. Please do not kill yourself, or attempt to. stay safe.

Here's the thing. I've looked this up on the internet alot, and it's a really mixed topic. Some people say it's the most peaceful way to go, the other people say it's very unpleasant and the gasping for air thing. Don't worry people, I'm not going to try to kill myself like this. It's obviously not a guranteed method. I could survive and end up as a vegetable which is not worth it. If I tried to do it, I would hang myself. I just wanted some opinions on how full proof this method would be, and my conclusion is that it would most likely not work. I am getting help and just so you guys know, the reason why I have suicidal thoughts is because I'm afraid of poverty and homelessness. My parents have kicked me out, they don't talk to me anymore because of my drug addictions and I have slept on the street in winter time. It is the number one reason why people kill themselves, but like I said, I'm not going to do it, I just wanted information. I know this is a harm reduction website, I figured it would be ok to ask about the consequences of large intakes of oxycodone if you catch my drift.

the reason why I have suicidal thoughts is because I'm afraid of poverty and homelessness. My parents have kicked me out, they don't talk to me anymore because of my drug addictions and I have slept on the street in winter time.

It sounds like drugs have caused a lot of negative consequences in your life and this might be a good time to take a break. I got to the point where life sucked but all I had to deal with life were drugs. The idea of quitting was terrible - my entire life was based around drugs, quite literally. After getting clean I realized that life is a lot easier and more fun when I'm not lying to everyone and trying to hide my drug use. I'm happy and don't need drugs to cope with the bullshit anymore. I just wanted to share my experience with you - everyone is different and I'm not trying to convince you to get sober. It just sounds like drugs have caused some seriously negative consequences in your life and you may want to consider getting clean. If you don't like it you can always keep getting high, but you won't know unless you try.

Good luck and let me know if you need to talk.

Hey man,
Im sorry to hear life has got you backed into such a rough spot.

As others have said, this wont work as nice and peacefully as you might think.
Somthing to keep in mind, is the fact that a lot of that 300mg will end up on the floor and not in your bloodstream once you start vomiting.
Its not the same as an IV od.

I won't pretend i know what your going through, but things can always get better.
Hope is never completely lost.

Have you tried looking into some of the resources offered to those who find themselves homeless?

http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/cgi-bin/id/city.cgi?city=Greenville&state=SC

I dont know firsthand about any of these but they are worth a try.
A lot of places can help you find housing and provide you with job training or employment opportunities.

Is there anyway you could patch things up with your parents?
Even if its only until you can get on your feet enough to support yourself?

I hope this helps in some way and i wish you the best of luck!

I've actually wanted this same information and there's no information online for someone with big tolerance, so far all I've been able to figure out is just IV heroin and I've never IV'ed and that I would probably fail. I'm also fairly sure if you eat to much oxy your body would reject it before processing it.

OP, if I didn't know any better I'd think you were the person I mentioned in a previous post. His parents kicked him out for just smoking weed (stupid) and he was homeless and addicted for years until he took his life via intentional overdose. I'm sure you have friends irl who care about you! Hell, people on here care. Otherwise we wouldn't bother.

I've been in this situation myself, not saying I know how it affects you because I don't. But you need to know that things can always get better and they will. In times like these you have to pull yourself up and ask for help no matter how much you just want it all to end. It's not easy, but when you can't go down any further you can go up. Rock bottom isn't the end, it's a new beginning.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You just have to muster that inner strength and have faith in yourself cause in this life.. you are all you've got.

I've actually wanted this same information and there's no information online for someone with big tolerance, so far all I've been able to figure out is just IV heroin and I've never IV'ed and that I would probably fail. I'm also fairly sure if you eat to much oxy your body would reject it before processing it.

Not having IV experience is a very good thing.
Dont ever cross that line, it makes everything so much worse.
A needle will bring you nothing but problems.

Is your problem worth trading away everything good you have ever experienced?
Thats what suicide is. Everybody thinks about it at one point or another and some people romanticize the idea, but you have to sit and think, does my problem outweigh every positive experience you have ever had?

As SluttyPeach said, its a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

There is always somthing to be thankful for.

I can't say I haven't thought about ending it. If I died from the next shot I didn't care, I even had this excellent idea to haunt the hell out of bryan seacrest...needless to say I have also been homeless. I slept with well middle aged to older women for a place to lay my head at night...and the drugs I needed to cope. It took realizing what the right thing was and actually reaching out for the help everyone around me was offering. I am sure there are those around you offering help if you listen hard enough, and if you can hear them grab their hand and don't let go.

As some scholars commonly refer to it, life is real shit pickle. It is how you deal with it that will make your time here a little better. I am here if you want to talk.

and anyways wouldn't you want to go out in a blaze of glory? My ideal death moment is jumping from a helicopter full of ronald reagan clones firing two mini uzis back at them as I fell. My body would land in a fountain and I would stand up and say "wow didn't expect that to happen." as a I slowly passed in the arms of a longtime lover.....then she would would slowly look up at the helicopter and squint her eyes and vow to avenge me. pretty fucking epic right? If you kill yourself that can never happen for you.

I think you're just trying to get rid of your person...getting rid of your person or personality does not require getting rid of your body. You only have to practice Yoga.

"you are all you've got. "

I must object. The idea of possession is an interpolation that humans did between self-awareness and the fact that humans can grab and hold onto objects. You posses nothing because everything can be taken away from you and it would change nothing to the concept of who you are. Who are you without your house, car, arms and legs, if you lose these, are you not the same entity? Would you wake up as someone else? Better question is, if you could wake up as someone else, would you notice anything? Not really ^__^ So who are you? It's the universal "I Am". That's you. Not "I do" nor "I have", nor "I need". These aren't you.

You see, people say I am an engineer. Engineer is a profession, it's something you do, so it cannot be you because being an engineer is one possible outcome of many outcomes to the same "I am" entity. Etc. Etc. Everything changed since you were 3 y.o....you became an engineer, your body grew around you, hair grew in your asshole, so everything changed except one thing. Find that one thing that stayed the same.

Last edited:
I think you're just trying to get rid of your person...getting rid of your person or personality does not require getting rid of your body. You only have to practice Yoga.
True! Buddhism and yoga are the best way to erase the tormented parts of yourself :) Good luck Statued! How did you choose your name?

"you are all you've got. "

I must object. The idea of possession is an interpolation that humans did between self-awareness and the fact that humans can grab and hold onto objects. You posses nothing because everything can be taken away from you and it would change nothing to the concept of who you are. Who are you without your house, car, arms and legs, if you lose these, are you not the same entity? Would you wake up as someone else? Better question is, if you could wake up as someone else, would you notice anything? Not really ^__^ So who are you? It's the universal "I Am". That's you. Not "I do" nor "I have", nor "I need". These aren't you.

You see, people say I am an engineer. Engineer is a profession, it's something you do, so it cannot be you because being an engineer is one possible outcome of many outcomes to the same "I am" entity. Etc. Etc. Everything changed since you were 3 y.o....you became an engineer, your body grew around you, hair grew in your asshole, so everything changed except one thing. Find that one thing that stayed the same.

Good advice, yes. But maybe we should try to see things from OP's perspective instead of our own, because we don't know him or what he has been through other than what he's told us. When you are in a situation like this, you have NO idea how you're supposed feel and for some people the one thing that stays the same is struggle. That's pretty depressing but it happens because not everyone has had a "good" life or a healthy perception of themselves. Fighting with your own mind will ultimately lead to your destruction!

I don't know what else to say to you statued, except you can PM me or anyone else who has offered if you need an outlet. I hope you're still alive

Seems like a waste of oxycodone to me? Why not make a random addicts day by giving them the 300 mg and feel good about yourself for a moment?

Thanks for the answers (at least the logical ones) Yes, oxycodone addiction has been a huge train of consequences on my life. I am clean now and getting help, going to an outpatient program and living with my mom. She's nice enough to give me another chance. For the people who say go to the hosptial, they always do the same thing: prescribe me an anti depressant and set up an outpatient program follow up. An anti depressant could probably help me, but hell, I just don't like those things. So what Im trying to say is, hospitals can help, but not very much... it's ultimatley up to me. The thing is, if I get to the point of homelessness, that's what scares me. When I'm actually on the street with no where to go, that's when the suicidal thoughts kick in hard. True, there's resources like half way houses and stuff, but the rent there is so high it's outrageous. it's like 1200 a month. If I stay sober and find an apartment with a roommate for 400 a month, I'll be good as gold! Moral of the thread: Oxycodone overdose by mouth is not a good suicide method. I'm done with this thread now.

ok dude i was suicidal too, deep shit 4 years into a bth addiction, but Jesus saved me.
if u kill ur self ur taking a gamble at eternity... who knows, Jesus could really exist, and what the bible says is correct (personal experiences, even with demonic beings and manifestastions) u never know what is the truth and what the truth deals with ppl that end their own lives... due to personal experiences i have to tell u God is real, and dont reject Jesus and His offer to save you (eternally, mentally, spiritually and physically, have u ever read the Bible? He's a HEALER!)