View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

i need help with recognizing cactus

chemlab1990

Greenlighter
hello everybody im new here and recently i started growing my first cactus i planted it from cuttings that i accidentally got from nursery. i do think it looks like peruvian torch but im not sure i need some cactus experts to help me :).
in addition after plantaition a small one arrived aside the big cactus, do i need to switch thier place to bigger one?,
and if swim wants to make soup how many cm do i need?. thanks in advance and hope you help me figure the cactus strain.

photos of my cactus: https://postimg.org/gallery/1b2jo1lps/

It certainly looks like a Peruvian Torch to me. I think since cactus' roots grow laterally it would grow bigger if it were transplanted to a larger pot or in the ground ideally. People generally use about 1 foot plus for entheogenic purposes. There are other cacti-centric sites where people might be able to provide a better ID, might have better luck there. I have a T. Bridgesii and it looks similar to the T. Peruvianus except with shorter spines. That's great that you have some pups! My prize 3 foot tall Bolivian Torch has a couple of pups at the base. It is amazing to see how incredibly fast these guys grow!

Have you ever seen the film with the guy from superbad about traveling to eat a cactus. Sorry, off topic, but it was good.