• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine I need help from someone who has OD'd on coke before ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andghosts

Bluelighter
This happened half and hour or so minutes ago, I am okay now but I just want to be sure.

Basic history:

I'm no stranger to hard drugs. I used to use heroin and fentanyl on a daily basis and crystal and coke a couple of times a week. I have been on suboxone for 3 months, and starting a month ago I have been taking IV fentanyl periodically, 2/3 days a week (75mcg lasts me apx. 1-2 days) (except this week its been almost everyday- I've been spitting out my subs) and coke-wise I've been using anywhere between a hg and hb in a 1-2 day period maybe 3-4 times a week. I use benzos (2mg xanax and 10mg valium ) periodically for the comedown but that is all. I haven't used crystal meth in over 3 months.

___

Yesterday night I had a couple of pints (2-3) at the pub and 2 or 3 xanax later on into the night. After leaving the pub we ended up at my good friends condo and I started the night with a fair sized shot of fentanyl, and a little under a g of blow. We went out to a different bar and had another pint and I came home feeling fine, slept like a baby and woke up feeling not too shabby. So I mix up my shot of blow, bang it. And ten minutes later I'm doing it again, but my hands are shaking and I guess too much fell into the dish and it dissolved before I could figure out exact how much, heck it looked like water, for a second I blanked and was like wait, did I even put any in here but I said what the heck I guess I'll know soon enough.

I immediately new something was wrong as soon as the plunger hit the bottom- when I get new product I usually inject half first, then wait but idk what sort of a rush I was in this time around by that's beside's the point. First I tasted it in the back of my thought as usual, then the bellringers but then the sound became incredibly distant and muted. Second my vision blurred and started my eyes stared to shift uncontrollably were I became unable to focus on any other thing for longer than a second or two. Almost seconds after this I started to shake uncontrollably in which I had no choice to sit on the floor to prevent the chance of a fall and a concussion. As I'm sitting on the floor, I'm half scrambling to put every bit of incriminating evidence away which in this state was very difficult to do and half willing myself not to have a seizure. As the conlvulsions got worse, I located my stash I had 2mg Xanax bars so I place ,some under the tongue and viewed the other, chewed two aspirin to thin the blood and prevent blood clodding.

What else should I do? I've OD'd on crystal before, years ago but I lost conciousness and was brought to the hospital and was kept there for 3 weeks so, I'd ideally I would like to not got back into a hospital, unless actually absolutely necessary.

If you feel you need to go to a hospital, go immediately. It doesn't matter how much it costs or if your acquaintances will think less of you- would you rather be dead?
That said, if you're able to type up several paragraphs here while intne middle of what you think is an od, you're probably not inthe middle of an od. Good luck man.

Dude, not to lecture you or anything, but if your on subs, why the hell are you abusing drugs like the way you are? I would seriously consider to slow down man. The mixture of drugs you have been taken are pretty damn deadly, but I'm assuming you know this already so I won't lecture you any further. If you feel like your life is in danger I highly reccomend you call an ambulance or get to the hospital ASAP.

If you were able to type that I think you are alright now.

Dude, not to lecture you or anything, but if your on subs, why the hell are you abusing drugs like the way you are? I would seriously consider to slow down man. The mixture of drugs you have been taken are pretty damn deadly, but I'm assuming you know this already so I won't lecture you any further. If you feel like your life is in danger I highly reccomend you call an ambulance or get to the hospital ASAP.

I was going to say the same thing. It's like the subs are just being used for the luxury of being able to avoid withdrawals.

i od'd on coke once everything went white and i feel to the floor next thing i remember is coming to i just guess i wasn't supposed to die yet

I hope you're okay..

I know how terrifying this is to go through but the fact that you didn't blackout is a good thing. (Health wise - perhaps not emotionally)

If you had gone to the hospital they would give you ativan or something similar, ekg test, maybe ct scan, and prob keep for 24-72 hours. Your BP was most likely dangerously high. I would go to the hospital to be safe, I believe anytime you have convulsions things can go wrong elsewhere in your body.

Having said that..

I have gone through this and I regret going to the hospital but would have a hard time telling someone else not to go.

Last edited:
All of the above...

And not to be one more person lecturing but hon that's a lot of shit to be mixing on a regular basis. If you keep trucking down this road you WILL end up with a serious OD, its just a matter of time. When its at the point where you can't remember if you put the shit in (which happens) but then you are past the point where you can CARE whether you did or not and can't practice any of the procedures you put into place for safety (such as inject half first) then its bad news.

As far as if you should/should have go to ER? Yeah you probably should have...but that being said..you are probably past the worst of it now.

Slow down and be safe

Everything alright now? feel free to update..

Just IMO/speculation here (not backed by medical knowledge ofc)

In a way your first od was sort of 1 step away from death, and this most recent one was prob closer to 2 steps away. Next step being full blackout seizure (like od #1), and the step after that being full blackout seizure + cardiac arrest. Obv this is a bit abstract/impossible to define but if you look into how River Phoenix died it does make some sense..to me anyway.

(Temporary or permanent disability could be a variable in here as well)

Anyway, unfortunately he took the next step so to speak..

Cocaine being a DRI is much easier to overdose on compared to other stimulants. I'm not sure why because I forgot, but someone once gave me a sensible explanation for it. If someone cares to share that information, I'd be great as I'm keen on knowing more about it.

I never overdosed on coke, but I did on DRI agent (ethylphenidate) and it was a terrible experience. I have taken way too much and still continued to dose, regardless of increase in negative effects. I got seizures, visual and auditory hallucinations, confusion, inability to speak and think rationally. On top of that there was a racing heartbeat and sweatiness. I don't know how far into overdose range I went, but it wasn't a positive experience, it felt like being very close to dying simply.

IV coke OD's are really scary. Unlike other drugs like opiates/benzos where you just get really high and fall asleep... coke OD's leave you awake and intensely aware of just how much danger you are in... it is a terrifying experience.

What else should you do? Assuming you aren't ready to stop IVing coke, there are a few things you can do before a binge that will help avoid the scenario you described above.

First, pre-mix all the IV cocaine solution that you plan to use in a session. I used to mix 3.5 g coke to 5 ml water. This would yield 14 .25g shots that measured 50 units.

Second, load and fire a tester. Not going to tell you how much to use here, but follow the push half / wait / push half procedure you mentioned above.

Based on the results of your test, preload the rest of your syringes while you're not shaking so bad. This will prevent you from dulling the points later, and also from loading a really fat shot when your judgment is clouded.

The experience you describe above is an OD, albeit a minor one, since you maintained consciousness and seemed to retain some degree of motor control throughout. That having been said, any time you push enough coke to cause convulsions and loss of motor control, you are overdoing it, and need to slow down.

As suggested above, unconsciousness and cardiac arrest will occur at slightly higher doses.

Be safe, have fun.

FC

Dude i hate when i have a SERIOUS question and i have to scroll through a bunch of GARBAGE about "oh not to lecture you or anything" if you start off by saying those words then yes you are meaning to lecture. You ask a question for what? TO GET AN ANSWER.. I'm sick and tired of having very serious questions and getting no answers because you want to tell me how to live my life.. answer the question or keep your mouth SHUT!

Way to revive a 2 year old thread for basically no reason but to complain about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.