Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I need help for Noman's tek

sk0sH

Greenlighter
Hey all,

I saw MHRB in a smoke shop a while back, bought it months ago, kept it completely sealed. Did 10g of powdered root bark for my first attempt, as I only have a 3oz bag of the bark. So...28.8 x 3 is...um...hold on Windows calculator lol -- 86.4g, and after using ~10g, I now have about 76g.

My first attempt completely failed. I ended up with clear, crushed ice-like crap in my jars.

Anyone ever done this tek before? I just have a couple questions--

I'm using an oral syringe instead of an eye-dropper to do my pulls. Is this okay? Or should I decant by pouring? I am using mason jars, but I do have a pyrex measuring cup, so it could decant due to its spout, but decanting via pouring w/ mason jars is just asking for a ton of basified black crap to get into my freeze precip jars (or maybe not idk)

My questions:
1) How long do I need to have the MHRB soak in the basified solution in order to get maximum yield? Should I just let it sit for 48 hours, then do a pull all at once, then remix the basified solution for additional pulls with additional naphtha?
2) How long do I need to freeze precip? I feel like I am taking the jars out of the freezer too quickly. I leave them there for about 5 hours--everything is frozen, but no spiderwebby clusters of snow.
3) The clear crushed ice crap just...melts, and then there's nothing. No flakes, crystals, etc., after my pulls, freeze precip, heat evap, subsequent freeze precip, recrystallization, etc.
Edit: Never mind, I made it finally. See my important question below in bold

I am making baking ash by using a small amount of baking soda spread thinly on an oven pan in an oven at 200F for an hour to make the ash for cleaning the crystals--except there's none to clean lol

The clearish ice just melts, and then I am left with nothing. I want to do this tek, not waste any more MHRB, and do it correctly so I don't waste more MHRB. I am only doing this just to see what the fuss is all about with dimitri. I find psychedelics are good at "resets", which I only do maybe a couple times a year. Besides that I smoke herb, but that's it.

To clarify I am using 100% anhydrous lye, VM&P naphtha (came out clear when doing evap test), and powdered MHRB bark. Idk what I am doing wrong. can someone please help me? Would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

Edit: Figured it out. I didn't agitate the jar long enough with the naphtha, and I didn't wait an hour after making the basified solution the first time. So I probably got 0.0001% yield. Did a second extraction and got a good yield. :)
-----------------------------------------

Edit: I successfully made this stuff, consumed it, and probably reached the waiting room? I got there, and there were these entities, with not much detail--I think I took a sub-threshold breakthrough dose, as I almost certainly didn't breakthrough, and then I saw what I could describe as impossible shapes, moving very slowly through what looked like empty outer space. It looked like it was the fabric of space. Each dimensional sheet kept bending and warping and moving in seemingly what looked like at least 6 dimensions. I tried inhaling a breakthrough hit 3x.

Entities were reptile-like, with scales, and kind of weird, vibrant but dark colors, like bright purple, green, etc. I couldn't hear anything. They just kept moving around me. I tried to communicate with them but they said nothing. They just looked at me with wonder as to why I was there. They moved, almost like the Cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland. They would move around, their heads jutting out of the weird bending spacetime fabric.

Does anyone have an idea of what 50mg looks like? I don't really want to use my scale, as I had to also weigh sodium hydroxide on it, and I don't want to be inhaling sodium hydroxide for obvious reasons.

I guess I should add, for Noman's tek, that someone should specify that you need to agitate the jar 3-4x over a period of an hour or so, after waiting about an hour after adding the aqueous sodium hydroxide to the plant material.

Damn that mothball taste. Everyone was correct. Tastes like ass. I would recommend some ginger ale or mouthwash (or both), to be kept on hand immediately after coming down. I'm not sure I would do this again. The buzzing sensation in my head was rather uncomfortable. The body load wasn't too bad, but it felt like my body was vibrating. It wasn't unpleasant, but it also wasn't pleasant either.

I would do it if I was guaranteed to breakthrough on just one hit.

but yeah...I wanted to find out what all the fuss was about with DMT. I found out...sort of. I guess I am missing out on a breakthrough, as apparently that is the best experience ever....but...honestly, give me 500ug of LSD, and then 3 hours in, put on some meditation music, give me an eyemask, and I will have a more intense experience, for far longer. Maybe I am consuming DMT oxide? It's a light amber color.

I do have one more important question, as I'll probably make a tiny bit more of this stuff.

Q: Is it incredibly important that I do the recrystallization process?

Light amber crystalline flakes don't seem to be getting me to breakthrough--even with a lot sprinkled on my e-nail. Am I consuming DMT oxide? I did not see any geometric patterns during the open-eyed visuals--just visuals similar to LSD. What I did notice the most, was that objects very close to me didn't seem to warp much, but objects about 15 feet or so away from my eyes would warp tremendously, just before the peak of a strong LSD trip.

Last edited: