• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I need advice on different routes of administration for Weed.

IMO orally consumed cannabis has always taken on the effect of being a hallucinogen, with some pretty strong psychedelic aspects (compared to smoking weed, anyway) I think it has something to do with a different THC metabolite being present at higher concentrations when one eats an edible (11 Hydroxy-THC, I believe).
Yeeaaahhhh! The weed I smoke acts akin to a hallucinogenic, would it be too strong for an edible?

Yeeaaahhhh! The weed I smoke acts akin to a hallucinogenic, would it be too strong for an edible?

If the weed you have is that strong, I would honestly keep it for smoking/vaping rather than try and make edibles with it. Most people prefer smoking good weed to edibles, so that's why trimmings are used, because nobody really wants to smoke them. Try to acquire some trimmings to make edibles... it's much more cost-effective.

If the weed you have is that strong, I would honestly keep it for smoking/vaping rather than try and make edibles with it. Most people prefer smoking good weed to edibles, so that's why trimmings are used, because nobody really wants to smoke them. Try to acquire some trimmings to make edibles... it's much more cost-effective.
When I was growing I would usually make edibles out of the trim and smoke the bud as you suggested.

However, now that I can get killer bud for cheap I've started using whole buds for the procedure and here is what I've found:

It taste better and is usually slightly stronger as well. It's very comparable to the difference in a BHO run with trim versus a BHO run with bud. The bud run is slightly stronger and usually taste much better than the trim run.

Now with wax, for me taste is nice but not the biggest problem. With edibles, taste IS the biggest problem. Trim usually taste like eating grass cuttings unless you make extra steps to filter out the nasty tasting stuff.

It's easy to make strong edibles, not so much good tasting ones. Good luck!

So smoking from a joint releases more THC. I learn something new every hour.

My plan is to experiment with (In This Order) Joint, Edibles, Vape

"They say I'm addicted to Dank and I Aggreeeee"
-Bird
Smoking a joint gives you the least amount of thc releasedo while vaping releases the highest thc content of any method that involves inhaling. Edibles would give you the highest rate of thc released to your body as you consume all of the active thc within your goodie

When I was growing I would usually make edibles out of the trim and smoke the bud as you suggested.

However, now that I can get killer bud for cheap I've started using whole buds for the procedure and here is what I've found:

It taste better and is usually slightly stronger as well. It's very comparable to the difference in a BHO run with trim versus a BHO run with bud. The bud run is slightly stronger and usually taste much better than the trim run.

Now with wax, for me taste is nice but not the biggest problem. With edibles, taste IS the biggest problem. Trim usually taste like eating grass cuttings unless you make extra steps to filter out the nasty tasting stuff.

It's easy to make strong edibles, not so much good tasting ones. Good luck!

Interesting thanks for the info, friend!

One strategy for making oil or butter taste better is this method that adds water to prevent to much 'plant flavor' from being absorbed:

Take your decarboxylated weed and add in oil (coconut oil is best IMO) such that it has an approximate oatmeal consistency. Then add an equal amount of water. This prevents the oil from taking on a plant flavor and makes the coconut oil remain basically white without tasting like weed. Cook on low for 30 minutes and then strain. Put the oil/water mixture into the fridge until it separates and the oil is solidified. Then pour out the water and save the oil.

Also filtering with a pillowcase or t-shirt prevents any solid plant matter from remaining in the oil.

Interesting thanks for the info, friend!

One strategy for making oil or butter taste better is this method that adds water to prevent to much 'plant flavor' from being absorbed:

Take your decarboxylated weed and add in oil (coconut oil is best IMO) such that it has an approximate oatmeal consistency. Then add an equal amount of water. This prevents the oil from taking on a plant flavor and makes the coconut oil remain basically white without tasting like weed. Cook on low for 30 minutes and then strain. Put the oil/water mixture into the fridge until it separates and the oil is solidified. Then pour out the water and save the oil.
The water method does help the taste if you are using butter-oil, especially if from trim.

When using bud, I like to use the left overs (nothing goes to waste) that still have that oatmeal consistency and either cap them up or parachute them. There is no need to use the water method if it's just a pill or a 'toss and wash'.

Also, if the OP has access to concentrates, it's a lot easier to make good tasting edibles without the need for the 'water method.' It's a little more difficult to tell (unless it's labelled or you made it) if your concentrate has been decarbed or not, but the same principles apply as they do for flower to "activate" your concentrates for edibles.

filtering with a pillowcase or t-shirt prevents any solid plant matter from remaining in the oil.
Neat way to tie-dye your clothing as well ;)

If you really want to make some tasty edibles, take your weed coconut oil or weed butter and melt it in a frying pan on low heat. Once melted, add in a bag of little marshmallows and stir constantly on low heat until mixed homogeneously (should have fluff consistency). Pour in your favorite box of sweet cereal (fruity pebbles work great) and stir until the cereal and weed fluff are mixed evenly. Cool and cut into cereal bars.

YUM %)

Time to get a vaporizer. What is a trimming? Yes, laugh, laugh. Weed trimmings? I only have buds, I've never actually seen a live weed plant except for photos!!

Time to get a vaporizer. What is a trimming? Yes, laugh, laugh. Weed trimmings? I only have buds, I've never actually seen a live weed plant except for photos!!

It's the close 'sugar' leaves that are clipped off the buds that have trichromes (THC) on them