• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants I might be mixing meds so much that none of them might be working properly.

Tims

Greenlighter
It’s like I’ve got my own little pharmacy in the house. I have adhd, so it’s vyvanse 50mg my current daily, along with up to 600 mg lyrica, every other day, a whole variety of Benzos, subutex, OxyContin, Effexor (a 75mg pill when needed) tramadol,dhc, codeine, Lipitor, supplements, various otc painkillers and sleep remedies, some phenobarbital, and oh well, not too easy to get online right now, so list might get shorter( there are a load of others I forgotten now). My reason for mixing things up is to avoid building tolerance. However, recently I’d been mixing things up even more, and this includes doses, except for the vyvanse, and I noticed none of them seem to be working like they did only a couple of weeks ago.

Oh, forgot to add, I was also doing this because I thought these drugs were all prn,as required. I get that Effexor being an SSRI takes up to 6 weeks of regular use before full effects, but I’d been on Effexor for 2 years continuous, from 2014-2016, until my adhd diagnosis, but I always took one every now and then, even after that and they do work as a sedative now, I don’t think it’s placebo effect.
Anyone else out there mix a lot o stuff up and some self medicate.

I wouldn't combine Tramadol with Effexor.

Thanks KS. That little tid bit is actually quite important. By combining these drugs, you are seriously lowering the seizure threshold. Then, on the other hand you are taking Phenobarbital, which makes the likelihood of seizure pretty low. However, when you mix so many different drugs together on a regular basis, you are more likely to have a dangerous interaction.

Could you be a little more specific about what your actual worries are? What you have given us is actually a lot to unpack.

Thanks guys, yeah I heard that about directly mixing tram with Effexor.
I guess what I was trying to say, is that I’m dealing with adhd and related depression/anxiety.
It can be pretty brutal at times, so I’m using a load of different stuff, and never two or three days continuous, to avoid tolerance. I know a lot of people do this too, but are some of these drugs simply counteracting others, or not being given enough time to kick in.

I even heard that opiates weakened stimulants and anti depressants, they basically over power them.

for Effexor, please see op.
Thanks

Thanks guys, yeah I heard that about directly mixing tram with Effexor.
I guess what I was trying to say, is that I’m dealing with adhd and related depression/anxiety.
It can be pretty brutal at times, so I’m using a load of different stuff, and never two or three days continuous, to avoid tolerance. I know a lot of people do this too, but are some of these drugs simply counteracting others, or not being given enough time to kick in.

I even heard that opiates weakened stimulants and anti depressants, they basically over power them.

for Effexor, please see op.
Thanks

Mate, it's a terrible idea to try and self-prescribe like this, especially such hardcore drugs like phenobarbital, which could pretty easily kill you - as you must be aware - and most of which you don't need to treat depression/anxiety or ADHD.

Regarding mixing, I'm sure you've probably heard terms like 'uppers' and 'downers' before, so you can imagine that when you mix an upper with a downer in approximate balance, both effects are going to be blunted such that you may end up feeling nothing much at all and receiving little clinical benefit.

But I think you're probably smart enough to have figured that out for yourself, and also that if you really do have treatment resistant depression and anxiety, you'd be best speaking to your GP/mental health team/psychiatrist.

These mixes are impossible to be really hot/therapeutic unless you take the Phenibarb/benzo and or opiods prior to the Amphetamine.

By about an hour