• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids i made a small iv oopsie (help)

Zonxx

Bluelighter
been awhile since ive given it a go, decided why not, at the end of my shot i got a tiiiiiny air bubble through i think, a tiiiiinitty bit of swelling @ site but thats about it. thoughts?

The danger of air bubbles is highly overstated to the point where I would call it a myth. You would have to inject an entire syringe of air for it to be problematic.

William s boroughs put it well in his book junky by saying something to the effect of 'if air bubbles could kill there wouldn't be a junky alive today'

It's basically a non-issue, just a popular misconception. I still get rid of air bubbles beforehand but there's nothing to worry about if you accidentally shoot some.

Hell, I've shot more than a tiny bubble many times.

If the lump becomes sore, swollen, feels hot or you get a fever then you gotta head to a doc. But that would be infection, which is much more of a real concern than air bubbles.

Last edited:
The danger of air bubbles is highly overstated to the point where I would call it a myth. You would have to inject an entire syringe of air for it to be problematic.

William s boroughs put it well in his book junky by saying something to the effect of 'if air bubbles could kill there wouldn't be a junky alive today'

It's basically a non-issue, just a popular misconception. I still get rid of air bubbles beforehand but there's nothing to worry about if you accidentally shoot some.

Hell, I've shot more than a tiny bubble many times.

If the lump becomes sore, swollen, feels hot or you get a fever then you gotta head to a doc. But that would be infection, which is much more of a real concern than air bubbles.

This. If every time I pulled back and wasn’t in a vein and redid it to get the air out I’d have wasted far too much time ?

been awhile since ive given it a go, decided why not, at the end of my shot i got a tiiiiiny air bubble through i think, a tiiiiinitty bit of swelling @ site but thats about it. thoughts?
Well the air bubble issue is more about rupturing small veins and supposedly doing catastrophic damage to your heart. The swelling is much more likely to be whatever it is that you shot.

You need I think a full 10ml barrel full of air to cause damage, 1 or two little bubbles are fine, it's just a myth