• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I made a huge mistake by flushing my oxys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveNeedsToTaper

Bluelighter
Ive been on targin (10mg oxy/5mg naloxone) for over 18-20 months now. And ive taken too much of my script to many times and started to feel like crap and do anything i could to convice someone to lend my cash and go buy some on the street. I got so sick of this in i said kno what ill go out with a bang and flush them. I was in a state of mind that it was the rigyt thing to do and i could do it. I flushed over 400mgs.... Man was that hard.

Now 2.5 days later i am f***ing feeling like complete hell. I have only slept 2 hours total if that since. I fell asleep for 30 mins this morning and it felt like 5 hours. Tome is moving so slow abd my gut in KILLLING me. My aching legs woke me up .

But anyways i talked to my older sister about it and said i cant do this i need to taper. So she said to call my doctor asap and ask for an urgent appointment and say shes coming with me for support. I have showed up for my piss tests in a month i was reminded today when i called.

They told me i can come in for 630 pm and hung up instantly.

Pleease tell me you guys believe if i tell her what happend she will perscribe me another script so i can taper down. Im going to give the script to a realtive so i WONT fuck up again. I do every single time. Im so fed up i need to quit but cold turkey... NO im scared ill kill myself.

Idk how it works in your area but generally hospital practices are nearly the same around the globe.

When I used my script too early I used to go to local hospital's urgent care and tell my pain levels have gone over the roof or had some nerve related issues and they took me in and gave me my scripted drugs during my visit.

Cost might be an issue if you don't live in country where healthcare is funded by government as it cost me the same as two packs of cigarettes for a night in hospital.

Im in Canada. Going to my perscribing dr at 630. Hoping for her to perscribe me again since i completely regret flushing them. My pain is through the roof and i feel HORRIBLE

Why did you need to flush them instead of just not take them. You could even have given them to a friend and told him you were trying to stop taking them. Flushing them implies you have no self control and will take them no matter what if you have them. I know you're better than that.

You may or may not get your script depending entirely on your relationship with your doc. You may have to ride this out, the good news is at 2 1/2 days you are almost done with the worst of it.

Hey guys. So i flushed them bc yes i have no self controll but i didnt tell my dr that. I said i was tired of everyone telling me i shouldnt be on them and losing friends due to this.

Long story short she perscribed me 8 klopins or w.e (clonazepam) to last me toll the 28th to get my perscription. She chsnged it from 40 mg a day to 30 mg a day fot a month then 20 mg a day aftee that. She said if 20mg is an issue then we can talk about it at that time. My mom has a history of not taking her meds and flsuhing them ect so she believed me.

She leggally couldnt re perscribe me my meds ... But i got lucky. I picked up my script on tuesday, so 6 days ago. And i shouldnt be aloud anymore until 8 days from now... But in her system it says im due on the 28th.. Two days from now. Long story but basically i got lucky with that. I mentioned methadone, suboxone ect. And i now am getting oxycodone insteadon of targin. I was on oxycodone one month ago for 2 weeks then she switched me back to targin bc it has naloxone in it.

I told her that i mentioned to the pharmacy that targin being > removed price < is rediculous and makes no sense when pure oxycodone. costs less. Only diffrence in them is targin has naloxone. Everywhere in canada pharmacys are goving out free naloxone kits to everyyyone to help save peoples lives that are oding. I said why is targin double the price if naloxone os free... She said thats a very good point and question.

But anyways , she gave me 8 clonazepam0.5mg to help with wothdrawal. Thanks everyone. If this lost could be bumped so other can find this with a similar situation, that wpuld be great.

I was worried to go to my dr thinking she may send me to the hospital to detox... But no she helped me. Im in canada by the way

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to note that i havnt shown up for my urine tests in 2 months and she never even tested me when i got there. I was shaking like crazy, clearly in intensive pain in my wrist from quitting. Pukey cold chills hot sweats... Aching body .. You name it. She knew i was in withdrawal and legally cluldnt give me a scripy because canada changed their laws recently on opiate perscriptions and its highly controlled. The legal limit now is 89.99mg of morphine a day. Compaired to 199.99mgs prior. Canada is cracking down huge. Although we just legalize marijuana, and made perscriptions free for everyone under the age of 25 (90% of perscriptions) so my constipation meds are free my tyelonal 2 pills are free and my gabapentin is freee. Also my benzos were free but not my oxys.

Hey Dave, I'm going to close this because Bluelight can't really give you a definitive answer to this type of question but see your dilemma has been resolved. I'm glad your doctor gave you a replacement prescription and wish you the best in your taper endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.