Venting I love my cat and the coke gave me psychosis involving him

Puff

Bluelighter
Unfortunately I relapsed after ten days without using coke. I'm fighting to stop, but most of the time are I am using coke I have the paranoia that my cat is sick or that he used coke while I was not seeing, despite the fact that I keep two plats in the coke while putting inside a drawer in the kitchen to avoid him to jump and use (he never approached the coke but I always do on an specific place where he will not approach). I also clean the area where I use and wash my hands after using. Plus, I avoid touching my cat while using.
However, most of the time I have a paranoia that my cat is not okay. Once I really took him to the vet and in the day after this, when he came back home I had a psychosis where I believed that he was hurt and dying... My partner had to give me some Xanax to calm me down.
Yesterday I had another paranoia while thinking that my cat wasn't ok, but now because of the heat. My partner avoided me to take him to the vet for no reason.
I know that I feel guilty for using it and relapsing and that sometimes I project myself in my cat, because I am the type of person that hides how I feel and my struggles.
Also, my cat once got hurt and he hide how he felt for two days until I was sure that he wasn't okay.
I know this is a weird paranoia, but I love
my cat so much. Sometimes I try to be rational,but there is moments where my mind doesn't work and is hard to control. Is hard to ignore this voice sometimes. And I feel lots of guilty for relapsing and using.
If weren't my cat, the paranoia would involve me thinking that my partner is hurt or suffering, despite the fact that they are next to me totally fine. Or that someone of my family is hurt. Maybe one of the reasons that I use drugs is because I can't deal with death. I love my parents, my grandparents, my partner, my cat and the rest of my family so much that it gives me anxiety the idea of losing them. Also, this world hurts... People can be mean... I see a lot of people that have no dreams because they are busy trying to survive.
Moreover, I use coke to cope with the fact that I can't understand people and I don't understand who I am and my feelings. Most of the time I think that my thoughts and observations about the world are wrong. I am also a perfectionist with high achievement.
Sorry, this was supposed to be a text where I could learn how to deal with my paranoia, but I ended up venting hahahaha.
Currently I started therapy and I go to the psychiatrist. It helps me, but I feel that there is too much inside me that I can't understand and would take hours to talk about this.
Well, there is a lot more to talk, but I'll stop here. I'll have too sleep soon hahaha.
Hope you all have a good day.

Hey there, it seems like you have reached a point in your stimulant use where you immediately have some kind of paranoia/psychosis effect from usage.

My honest advice? Please try to really cut down or try to quit. Don't beat yourself up if you do use, but this isn't a sustainable type of drug use because of the detrimental effect on you and your mental health.

Do you have any access to any types of treatment or support groups? I prefer SMART, but people have success with varying types of support groups like NA (which can be problematic at times), Rational Recovery, etc.

Please don't beat yourself up about relapsing or slipping.

Hey there, it seems like you have reached a point in your stimulant use where you immediately have some kind of paranoia/psychosis effect from usage.

My honest advice? Please try to really cut down or try to quit. Don't beat yourself up if you do use, but this isn't a sustainable type of drug use because of the detrimental effect on you and your mental health.

Do you have any access to any types of treatment or support groups? I prefer SMART, but people have success with varying types of support groups like NA (which can be problematic at times), Rational Recovery, etc.

Please don't beat yourself up about relapsing or slipping.
Thank you.
My therapist gave me "homeworks" to not use for a week and that helped me. I don't know about the SMART recovery, I'll look for some readings about this.
There is NA where I am but I am a little skeptical about support groups. Probably because I know that I have a problem, but is a secret to most of people, just my husband, two friends, my therapist and the psychiatrist knows (I mostly use on weekends or when I was on my worse I used at night, after work to sleep). However, I'll work on losing my shame about this.

These paranoias are only affecting you when you are using? Or are they bleeding into your regular life?

Either way, yeah it's time to cut down on your usage or go completely abstinent. They have looked into the pharmaceutical drug Bupropion (Wellbutrin) as a possible aid to quitting certain stimulant drugs. There are also a couple supplement amino acids you could look into to help modulate your dopamine more effectively, look into L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine and DL-Phenylalanine. These are widely used, legal supplements that are amino acids your body needs.

Oh and stay hydrated and sated with food.

I love
my cat so much.
I understand this.
I have a "special needs" cat (Budah) that I worry about a lot. Even sober. She is so big she cannot properly clean herself after pooping since she was a baby (hence the name Budah) :) . I have been helping her with this by way of damp paper towels or water based wipes... once in a while I will put her in the bathtub and wash her back side to keep it fresh.
These paranoias are only affecting you when you are using?
Was wondering the same.
Glad to see ya def. :lovely:

These paranoias are only affecting you when you are using? Or are they bleeding into your regular life?

Either way, yeah it's time to cut down on your usage or go completely abstinent. They have looked into the pharmaceutical drug Bupropion (Wellbutrin) as a possible aid to quitting certain stimulant drugs. There are also a couple supplement amino acids you could look into to help modulate your dopamine more effectively, look into L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine and DL-Phenylalanine. These are widely used, legal supplements that are amino acids your body needs.

Oh and stay hydrated and sated with food.
I am a little anxious and a natural overthinker when sober (and a little paranoid), but I try to be rational and calm when something like this is happening and is possible to manage.
When I have psychosis, I usually didn't sleep for almost a day.
Before starting using cocaine, my psychiatrist gave me Bupropion, but it didn't worked for me because I've felt like a zombie. Now I use fluxetine and risperidone... The medications were working, but in August my university and work started to drive me crazy and I came back with coke to relieve the pain after a hard day out of my zone of comfort (I'm an introvert and my work requires me to manage a team and my master gives me lots of triggers from the university).
Thank you for the suggestion of amino acids... I'll try to get one to help my recovery.

I understand this.
I have a "special needs" cat (Budah) that I worry about a lot. Even sober. She is so big she cannot properly clean herself after pooping since she was a baby (hence the name Budah) :) . I have been helping her with this by way of damp paper towels or water based wipes... once in a while I will put her in the bathtub and wash her back side to keep it fresh.

Was wondering the same.
Glad to see ya def. :lovely:
How sweet this <3

What about using one gram, just when the addiction fools you into thinking it will be pleasurable. Coke psychosis is awful..its just the first few seconds that are pleasurable.. the rest is misery. It never goes back to the pleasure addiction whispers, because that never happened. Its always going to instantly lead to psychosis and misery. Thats just the way it works <3

What about using one gram, just when the addiction fools you into thinking it will be pleasurable. Coke psychosis is awful..its just the first few seconds that are pleasurable.. the rest is misery. It never goes back to the pleasure addiction whispers, because that never happened. Its always going to instantly lead to psychosis and misery. Thats just the way it works <3
I totally agree with you. I keep snorting because I am looking for the feeling of the first blow.
The two psychosis I had was after sleepiness nights using coke for twelve hours with my partner and friends, mixes with alchool... But it was really ugly.
About the 1 gram... I used to had one gram for an entire week. Is just that it never satisfies you the coke and I'm not a fan of benzos to work with the anxiety and the comedowns.
The complicated is because this things happen when I am in group or with my partner, is hard to stop. Sometimes I have self control, sometimes not.

It sounds like you need to lay off the coke. My friend had coke psychosis once and that shit was not fun. i would recomend laying off the coke for awile and maybe taking a antipsychotic if you have access to them. A benzo witrh that would also help

It sounds like you need to lay off the coke. YeahMy friend had coke psychosis once and that shit was not fun. i would recomend laying off the coke for awile and maybe taking a antipsychotic if you have access to them. A benzo witrh that would also help
Yeah. I'm fighting to leave coke, but I had a relapse. Now I'm fighting to leave coke this relapse. I'm not a fan of benzos because it gives me problems to wake up and I feel guilty when I sleep. Maybe if I have a benzo that doesn't knock me down... Xanax destroys me

Yeah. I'm fighting to leave coke, but I had a relapse. Now I'm fighting to leave coke this relapse. I'm not a fan of benzos because it gives me problems to wake up and I feel guilty when I sleep. Maybe if I have a benzo that doesn't knock me down... Xanax destroys me

It's not fucking easy to lay off coke when you have it in your possession. I lack that kind of willpower lol. But yeah basically a benzo and a antipsychotic would be the treatment here. I would recommend something like valium as it's much less potent then xanax. I had psychosis that was not drug related and seriously fuck that shit

It's not fucking easy to lay off coke when you have it in your possession. I lack that kind of willpower lol. But yeah basically a benzo and a antipsychotic would be the treatment here. I would recommend something like valium as it's much less potent then xanax. I had psychosis that was not drug related and seriously fuck that shit
This is true. The cravings are terrible too. Is not physical, but the desire of using is terrible. When I was a teen I used valium for my insomnia and worked. Maybe that helps.

This is true. The cravings are terrible too. Is not physical, but the desire of using is terrible. When I was a teen I used valium for my insomnia and worked. Maybe that helps.

I have been through withdrawal from various opiates and also benzos but i find coke cravings to actually be worse then physical withdrawal. I even dream about the shit lol And ya valium should help for sure. I found temazepam to be the best by far for comedowns though. It's also the only benzo i would consider euphoric