• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I like benzos over alchol

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Ok so ive drank larger an whiskey since i was 16 im now 46 an i can honestly say i drink moderatly always 3 tinnies an 3 shots of whisky an that as never realy increased in all these years i just like a drink to round off the day i drink always at night. And if i try to increase this amount i just feel like i would barf it up so ive never developed a tollerance to want more. But now with any benzo diazepam xanax ect i could easily keep poppin more an more to get that chilled out mellow feelin. This question may be difficut to grasp but ive often thought how come i could quite easily abuse benzos but never alchol? I wonder if anyone as any idieas why this is?

They both work on the same receptors in the brain, ie GABA. But benzos typically lack the euphoria from alcohol. Idk I love both, but I think I like benzos more only because some alcohol hangovers are pretty bad

Yeah I like benzos wayyy better than alcohol of any kind. They are similar to alcohol in some ways but they don't make you sick like alcohol does, unless you go into withdrawls from them, any benzo which are horrible, possibly the worst drug to withdrawl from. I just don't like alcohol at all any more really.. since I have been prescribed klonopin I have had like 5 drinks in total over the past 4 years. Its weird half my family are alcoholics and then some people in my family prefer drugs, mainly prescription drugs such as me. I love to just take my meds I am scripted and feel just fine on those.

Benzos are definitely less messy than alcohol so long as you do not take a hefty dose and wind up blacking out and doing a bunch of stuff you forget about the next day.