• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I heard coughing while smoking makes you higher, is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is COMPLETE bullshit. The effect the character in the movie was speaking of was the result of a lack of oxygen from the coughing. The myth saying that "if you hold it in you'll feel it more" is from the same thing. Also, the longer you hold the smoke in, the more tar settles in your lungs. Most THC is absorbed within seconds of inhalation.

It's not. It's cannabinoid effects I get. It's not oxygen deprivation. I just held my breath for 20 seconds, 45 seconds, and 60 seconds. I hold my breath for those amounts and even longer when swimming. I'm on a semi-professional swimming team. So I'm good at holding my breath.

It is not ​ oxygen deprivation people

You are probably used to the lack of oxygen due to you being on a "semi-professional swimming team". It is oxygen deprivation. And that is a fact.

I beg to differ. When I smoke am-2201 and other cannabinoids, including weed, and pure THC - I mean PURE THC as I've had prescriptions for dronabinol a couple of times - when I blow it out in 3 -5 seconds, the effects I get are less pronounced that the ones I get than if I hold it in for at least 20. Sorry but you are wrong.

And it is not oxygen deprivation. I swim. On a team that does meets and shit. I can hold my breath for almost 90 seconds no problem.

That is COMPLETE bullshit. The effect the character in the movie was speaking of was the result of a lack of oxygen from the coughing. The myth saying that "if you hold it in you'll feel it more" is from the same thing. Also, the longer you hold the smoke in, the more tar settles in your lungs. Most THC is absorbed within seconds of inhalation.

No, in the movie she specifically said "coughing opens up part of your lungs that aren't normally exposed to smoke" whether its bullshit or not thats what she said, furry

You are probably used to the lack of oxygen due to you being on a "semi-professional swimming team". It is oxygen deprivation. And that is a fact.

Oxygen deprivation does not produce cannabinoid effects. what do you not understand?! I don't get high when swimming. And I didn't get high when holding my breath just now for 20, 45, 60, and 120 seconds? You people are seriously misinformed...

It allows more of my cannabinoids to get absorbed than 3 - 4 seconds as the high is significantly stronger. that is a fact. Sorry you people are too thick too understand that.

And oxygen deprivation would resolve itself upon reintroduction of oxygen into the bloodstream. Not last the entire duration of the cannabinoid effects!

My god, some people...

I tested this with cannabinoids last night. Cannabinoid effects upon holding in for 3 seconds were weak.

For 20 seconds they were noticeably stronger and longer lasting.

Ergo, more got absorbed!

Last edited:
i think it's more dangerous to encourage users to hold their hits in for unnecessary amounts of time than to speculate whether or not your cannabinoids are more efficient the longer you hold your breath :).

the only fact here is that oxygen deprivation provides a more intoxicating effect when smoking. it works the same way with cigarettes.

i think it's more dangerous to encourage users to hold their hits in for unnecessary amounts of time than to speculate whether or not your cannabinoids are more efficient the longer you hold your breath :).

the only fact here is that oxygen deprivation provides a more intoxicating effect when smoking. it works the same way with cigarettes.

I'm not. You people are acting like I'm stupid for thinking I'm high on lack of oxygen.

And it does work. Because my cannabinoids have less effect when held in for less amount of time. And 20 seconds is not a dangerous amount of time. People can safely hold their breath for two minutes.

If you read around on marijuana forums like grasscity, 20 seconds is recommended by a lot of people and seems to be general consensus.

You act like it is a potentiator... I smoke tobacco and I just held in a pipe hit for 30 seconds and it did nothing more to me...

20 seconds is a long-ass time, imo.

I mean, I hold it in for 10.....maybe 15 seconds after inhalation maybe? And at that point it feels pretty good when I exhale, but I smoked cigarettes for a long time, so maybe my lungs aren't good. I don't know, that's just me.

Also, I just want to add that just because you don't die, that doesn't mean something is a good idea. I might survive if I hold my breath for two minutes, sure. Doesn't mean it's harmless or a good idea to try.

How is it a long ass time if you hold it in for 15? That's a five second difference...

So you agree the effects are noticeably stronger?

Did I say it was a good idea...?

Five seconds is a fairly long time when it comes to breathing.

No, I haven't conducted controlled studies, so how could i?

You basically implied it was fine.

I'm not. You people are acting like I'm stupid for thinking I'm high on lack of oxygen.

And it does work. Because my cannabinoids have less effect when held in for less amount of time. And 20 seconds is not a dangerous amount of time. People can safely hold their breath for two minutes.

If you read around on marijuana forums like grasscity, 20 seconds is recommended by a lot of people and seems to be general consensus.

You act like it is a potentiator... I smoke tobacco and I just held in a pipe hit for 30 seconds and it did nothing more to me...
You won't even provide pics, no one will believe you...

Either way, if you're going to hold it in, please atleast take breaths in and out, that way you are are still getting oxygen.

^I smoke out of corncob and take intermittent breaths of oxygen. So, ACTUALLY, come to fucking think of it - and I would have sooner if I hadn't been up for four days and been suffering post-phenibut/baclofen use - I would have remembered to mention this.

And to all you fucking naysayers.

I smoked weed, while taking intermittent puffs of oxygen, held it in for 5 seconds got a mild buzz.

Three hours later, repeated the process, held it in for 25 seconds, got an intense cannabinoid high. I inhaled oxygen so there was no oxygen deprivation.

Why don't you all just fucking try it.

Don't call me lad. lol

But 20 seconds, in my experience, increase cannabinoid effects as opposed 3-4 seconds. I don't agree with the studies.

Its not hard to explain that when you hold a hit in longer you absorb more of it, to a certain extent. Itd be like if you threw up before your stomach absorbed a pill. The longer its in your stomach and being broken down then the more effects you get but if you throw up it will stop at whatever was absorbed and the rest will be vomitted.

Try telling that to everyone else. THC is highly fat soluble and it is an oil. Of course it will take a while to absorb fully.

for one, coughing out smoke is the most painful shit ever lol, and if it gets you higher its just from the hyperventilation you experience while coughing your ass off so you feel more lightheaded. in my experience holding it in the longer definately makes a huge difference, especially with concentrates. perhaps just with the lack of oxygen while youre holding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.