• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

I have same Dr with 2 different Ambien scripts different doses, need help?

needhelp0

Greenlighter
I only have 1 doctor for years and he was prescribing me 5mg ambien. I got those filled a week before i went back to see him, when i went back he gave me 10mg ambien and i got those filled at a different pharmacy because they were cheaper as i DO NOT have insurance. I had no issues. My question is, since i still have refills for 5mg ambien and now refills for 10mg ambien can i still get both refilled? They are both a different dose and at different pharmacies?? Thanks for your help!
Fyi: I have no insurance, if that matters.

I'm not sure if things have changed, as it's been many years since I had been prescribed different strengths of the same schedule IV drug. I'm going to move this to Other Drugs and hopefully somebody can help. Welcome to Bluelight!

i was in your situation cept with klonopin and xanax. my doctor was alerted when i got refills on restoril but not me filling like a few hundred kolos.

If you are in the US, all states have a monitoring system that tracks controlled drugs. They are all slightly different in that not every state requires all drugs or schedules to be reported and in how quickly they must be reported, but for instance, in my state every controlled drug must be reported daily. And now a law was passed mandating prescribers and pharmacists utilize as intended under penalty of law without doing so. You may get away with it once, twice etc but eventually it will catch up with you.

If you are not in America, I do not know.

The temptation to be greedy is a motherfucker. Like the others are saying I would use caution with the state monitoring being inplace.

^ I was hoping you would chime in Kittycat! :)

If I was allowed a signature, I think my post would be it. :)

I lied though. One state still doesnt have it. I thought I read it passed but apparently it has stalled in the state assembly. I wont say which one it is though.

Last edited:
I would think you might get away with it if you fill them at the same time, at the same pharmacy. They might think your total dose is supposed to be 15 mg.? That's what I would probably do, hoping they came to that conclusion. If they said anything about it, I would try that reasoning out with them and see what happened personally. If not that, I would say that I wanted the 5 mgs. To use in 10 mg. doses, like 2-5mg. pills = to 10 mg. at a time. It could always backfire if they called the Dr. to confirm but I am not sure they would, they would probably take my word for it, but who knows. I don't claim to be a pharmacist, so it's just a guess. At least the 2-5 mg. line could maybe work were it to catch up with you, it might get you out of hot water with your doc if it got back to him, you never know :)