• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids I have been taking Codeine phosphate 60 MG tablets for the past year about 4-6 tablets daily, would of this done harm to my kidneys or liver?

chrisp1995

Bluelighter
I have been taking 60 MG codeine phosphate everyday for the past year roughly 4-6 tablets a day i am looking on cutting down very soon but i am paranoid that i may have done damage to my kidneys or liver through daily use of these tablets would this be possible to cause kidney and liver damage ? i dont think they contain any paracetamol but i’m wondering if they do? and even if they never would this still cause problems with kidneys and liver thank you all.

I have been taking 60 MG codeine phosphate everyday for the past year roughly 4-6 tablets a day i am looking on cutting down very soon but i am paranoid that i may have done damage to my kidneys or liver through daily use of these tablets would this be possible to cause kidney and liver damage ? i dont think they contain any paracetamol but i’m wondering if they do? and even if they never would this still cause problems with kidneys and liver thank you all.

No. Codeine doesn't damage the liver or kidneys. Opioids generally only do that when they have paracetamol/tylenol on them as that's what actually causes the harm.
No, codeine phosphate does not contain paracetamol.

Thank you for getting back to me, if i was taking these tablets everyday for years would they have any effect on my stomach or kidneys / liver, i have been getting really paranoid lately about taking them due to stomach making funny noises and a few aches down the side of my bell around the kidney surrounding area would this be any sort of damage caused by them cheers

You could get your liver enzymes checked if you are that nervous about it. I have to get mine checked on the regular because of the extensive damage I did to them by abuse of the medication Fioricet. It contains acetaminophen and I was taking an excessive amount just to get high off of the butalbital (a barbiturate.)

Thank you for getting back to me, if i was taking these tablets everyday for years would they have any effect on my stomach or kidneys / liver, i have been getting really paranoid lately about taking them due to stomach making funny noises and a few aches down the side of my bell around the kidney surrounding area would this be any sort of damage caused by them cheers
I'd get that checked out, but no it's not the codeine. I have been taking opioids several times a day (usually every 4 hours) since 2011 and my liver and kidneys are perfect.

You could get your liver enzymes checked if you are that nervous about it. I have to get mine checked on the regular because of the extensive damage I did to them by abuse of the medication Fioricet. It contains acetaminophen and I was taking an excessive amount just to get high off of the butalbital (a barbiturate.)
How do you go about getting your enzymes checked and do you have to wait for results or is it there & then? when you say you have been taking opioids to get high since 2011 how many do you take a day and is this consistently every single day as i feel like i am doing the same but don’t do no more than 6 pills a day i always thought this would be harsh in my kidneys or liver bit of relief hearing that from you what can codeine damage in side your body with constant use?

how did you first find out what was the first sign of your damage to the kidneys if you don’t mind me asking