• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I have a severe Psychotic Reaction to Cannabis Need Input?

DingDongBrowser

Greenlighter
Well its been about a year since i tried cannabis.

I have tried it a total of 3 times all with a severe psychotic reaction starting immediately after smoking. I have also had this reaction when i tried spice (only once).

My last experience with marijuana gone like this, i inhaled from a joint made with about 200mg of bud in it. After 3 to 4 drags i started to get this overwhelming sensation of dread and death. It felt like i was kind of surrounded with a demonic presence in a bubble trapped and couldn't get back through to reality. I kind of walked around in a circle for 3 hours, yes just walked around in a circle around the same room for 3 whole hours without stopping. Moving was the only thing that gave me slight relief and i felt like i couldn't sit still. Throughout the experience it felt like i had electric pulses just running through my whole body and i was just in a state of constant fear and panic for hours.

The experience ended after a few hours and a few 1mg Ativan (which barely touched the sides).

After this single evening of using marijuana i experienced psychotic symptoms for around 6 months afterwards for this 6 months i lived in a dream of derealization. I would be lay in bed and out of know where the whole bed and room would start shaking like we was having a earthquake. I suffered severe anxiety attacks for the 6 months after usually multiple times a day. I was getting irrational and compulsive thoughts (if i don't flush the toilet 3 times something bad would happen) ect.

After about 6 months these symptoms passed. I had to fight the irrational thoughts hard but after a while of 'not giving in' to the compulsive rituals they gone away. I also don't get the anxiety attacks anymore and haven't had any of the psychotic symptoms listed above in about 6 plus months.

But it got me thinking, is something really wrong with me for this to have even happened? could i have a underlining mental illness? I really hope i don't have dormant schizophrenia :(

My doctor just prescribed me Olanzapine and said i could be referred to a shrink if the symptoms persisted but she didn't think it was necessary at that point in time. I never took the anti psychotic and the symptoms did go on there own.

Can you have this kind of reaction to cannabis and have no dormant mental illness?

yes.

the easy solution would be to stay away from cannabis. it sounds like you really should consider this.

as for a dormant illness, only a psych can be the judge of that..

but yes, cannabis is fully capable of producing such strange reactions.